F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > F30 & F32 Hidden Subwoofer Enclosure Under Trunk Floor
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2019, 04:40 AM   #45
anderswh
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW F31 320i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Hello,

Nice job, I like how these boxes are made. Tried contacting you on Ebay, but you haven't answered there yet.

Do they fit F31? The liner doesn't look like the F30 one.
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ZGwAA...vY/s-l1600.jpg

What kind of epoxy did you use? Does the epoxy seep through the liner?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 08:12 AM   #46
Mike1327
Private
United_States
6
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i M Sport 6MT RWD
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sudbury, MA

iTrader: (0)

I use fiberglass resin; no it doesn't seep through.

Your liner is different, but I think the cargo pocket is the same shape if you remove the divider. Send me a few pictures of its dimensions using a tape measure width, length, and depth and I'll confirm. If its the same recess, I can make the original style, which just drops in, vs the style that consumes the liner.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderswh View Post
Hello,

Nice job, I like how these boxes are made. Tried contacting you on Ebay, but you haven't answered there yet.

Do they fit F31? The liner doesn't look like the F30 one.
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ZGwAA...vY/s-l1600.jpg

What kind of epoxy did you use? Does the epoxy seep through the liner?
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #47
Eschmacher
Car Hypochondriac
113
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Sterling, VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Mike, I think I'm finally ready. PMing you, I'd like an enclosure only.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 08:45 AM   #48
Treydadon
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: F32
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Are theses still available Im interested
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #49
Mike1327
Private
United_States
6
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i M Sport 6MT RWD
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sudbury, MA

iTrader: (0)

Yes. I am making one that just sold tomorrow. I will make 2 just in case
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 09:19 PM   #50
windwhisperer
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 435
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: SOCAL

iTrader: (0)

Im interested in this as well. Please pm me. Looking for a built, plug and play setup. 2014 N55 F32 fyi.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #51
Mike1327
Private
United_States
6
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i M Sport 6MT RWD
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sudbury, MA

iTrader: (0)

EASY fit - 8W1v3-4, 8W3v3-4

Basically my constraints are UP TO 10" sub, 5" top mount depth, and 0.5-0.65cuft interior volume.

I LOVED the POWERBASS S1004D 10" I had in it. Slammed, good quality, great price.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyB View Post
What is the largest size jl 8 that will fit? Assuming not w7.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #52
DBrab1914
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 328i
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Louisville, TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1327 View Post
EASY fit - 8W1v3-4, 8W3v3-4

Basically my constraints are UP TO 10" sub, 5" top mount depth, and 0.5-0.65cuft interior volume.

I LOVED the POWERBASS S1004D 10" I had in it. Slammed, good quality, great price.
Are you still charging $500 for the enclosure, amp, and sub? What size sub do you recommend that you use? I was thinking a 10.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #53
Mike1327
Private
United_States
6
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i M Sport 6MT RWD
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sudbury, MA

iTrader: (0)

Hi there.

No, components aren't included. JUST the enclosure is $550 shipped in the USA.

I recommend either a 10 or 8. I had a 10" in mine, and i had it gained down to like 25%,a nd have since switched to an 8". The car already has decent bass, so I just wanted "a little more" from my sub set up. I've tried, both with great success, a PowerBass S1004D, and JL 10W0V3 hooked to Alpine 500 watt amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrab1914 View Post
Are you still charging $500 for the enclosure, amp, and sub? What size sub do you recommend that you use? I was thinking a 10.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 10:00 AM   #54
DBrab1914
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 328i
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Louisville, TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1327 View Post
Hi there.

No, components aren't included. JUST the enclosure is $550 shipped in the USA.

I recommend either a 10 or 8. I had a 10" in mine, and i had it gained down to like 25%,a nd have since switched to an 8". The car already has decent bass, so I just wanted "a little more" from my sub set up. I've tried, both with great success, a PowerBass S1004D, and JL 10W0V3 hooked to Alpine 500 watt amp.
I see. Now what all do you include for $700?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #55
Mike1327
Private
United_States
6
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i M Sport 6MT RWD
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sudbury, MA

iTrader: (0)

Depends on the components you want, but I will order anything at cost. For $700 shipped, I can do a PowerBass S1004D and an Alpine 500 amp.

Basically $550 shipped for the enclosure, and add whatever cost for the sub and amp you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrab1914 View Post
I see. Now what all do you include for $700?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 01:24 PM   #56
genius764
Enlisted Member
5
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: BMW 4351
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Is it safe to assume that it will not fit a F33?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 01:25 PM   #57
DBrab1914
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 328i
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Louisville, TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1327 View Post
Depends on the components you want, but I will order anything at cost. For $700 shipped, I can do a PowerBass S1004D and an Alpine 500 amp.

Basically $550 shipped for the enclosure, and add whatever cost for the sub and amp you want.
Cool. Is the PowerBass better than the JL? How much would it cost with the JL instead? With the amplifier added does it make the standard HiFi System sound louder and not distort at higher volumes other than just adding bass?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 01:46 PM   #58
Mike1327
Private
United_States
6
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i M Sport 6MT RWD
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sudbury, MA

iTrader: (0)

I never notice distortion in my speakers, but I don't listen at distortion level volumes. This just adds a sub, it doesn't replace anything or change the stock system at all.

I liked the Powerbass, I thought it was better value than the JL. Both are great in addition to the stock system, depends on your listening style.

$550 for enclosure shipped + the cost of the sub and amp you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrab1914 View Post
Cool. Is the PowerBass better than the JL? How much would it cost with the JL instead? With the amplifier added does it make the standard HiFi System sound louder and not distort at higher volumes other than just adding bass?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 01:54 PM   #59
Mike1327
Private
United_States
6
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i M Sport 6MT RWD
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sudbury, MA

iTrader: (0)

I cant find a picture of your cargo liner, can you post a pic of it?

The coupe it would work, no idea about convertible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genius764 View Post
Is it safe to assume that it will not fit a F33?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 07:41 AM   #60
windwhisperer
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 435
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: SOCAL

iTrader: (0)

Id like to purchase the enclosure with the amp and a 10 please.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 02:11 PM   #61
Eschmacher
Car Hypochondriac
113
Rep
413
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Sterling, VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Thanks Mike!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Power mods: VRSF CP/IC/Catted DP - AFE Cat-back - BM3 S2 93 - XHP S2
Handling mods: M Performance LSD - M3 brakes w/EBC yellow - Michelin PSS
Exterior: Euro LCI tail lights - Shitty ECS CF spoiler - Chinese M performance diffuser
Interior: Bavsound stage 1 and subs - aftermarket amp setup for underseat subs
Future mods: M3 springs - front camber mods
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 10:48 PM   #62
Mike1327
Private
United_States
6
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i M Sport 6MT RWD
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sudbury, MA

iTrader: (0)

Glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschmacher View Post
Thanks Mike!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 10:23 PM   #63
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
31
Rep
174
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i xDrive
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sammamish, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 X5  [0.00]
2014 BMW 435i xDrive  [0.00]
Installed last night, sounds great! Thanks Mike!

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #64
Xawesm
Private
16
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: BMW 435i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Spain

iTrader: (0)

Interested. Does the full setup include the wires? Also, I have the bimmertech amp instead of the normal Hifi one. How easy is it to install? I believe it should just route a wire to the new amp via channel H but im no tech dude, just read it somewhere a while back.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 11:52 AM   #65
Mike1327
Private
United_States
6
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i M Sport 6MT RWD
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sudbury, MA

iTrader: (0)

sub box

Hi.

I am not making them until the spring due to weather ( i have to make them outside).

I have the one currently in my car, which is a little different, I could sell for $500 shipped, including the Subwoofer.

It's a PowerBass S84D, 8" DVC sub, 125-250 Watts. It sounds great, rounds out the system perfectly, not the "wake up your neighbors" kind of sub.

I'll post pics shortly.

Look up Techniks website for your amp harness, thats what I used for the amp signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xawesm View Post
Interested. Does the full setup include the wires? Also, I have the bimmertech amp instead of the normal Hifi one. How easy is it to install? I believe it should just route a wire to the new amp via channel H but im no tech dude, just read it somewhere a while back.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 11:57 AM   #66
Mike1327
Private
United_States
6
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i M Sport 6MT RWD
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sudbury, MA

iTrader: (0)

8", no amp mount box

I could cut this open to fit a 10" by request. ~0.5-0.625 CuFt interior volume. Works great with most 8 or 10" subs, mounting depth restriction of about 5.25".

I mounted the amp above the battery with a simple bracket I made.
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
custom box, enclosure, sealed, sub woofer

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST