F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > HP and Torque gain from the following mods
ARMA SPEED

03-17-2018, 10:17 PM   #23
BulsaraF36
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineOnCoral View Post
Great info Bulsara! Would you mind sharing more about your car and mods?
Currently setup is M Perf Brakes, MPPK+MPE, Dinan Shockware, Dinan Stage 3 + Dinan Intercooler. My plan is to get ER cp and catted dp next along with an intake but not sure if i should get Dinan or AFE.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 10:25 PM   #24
BulsaraF36
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineOnCoral View Post
BulsaraF36, you avg’d ~316/318 on your three runs. If they were both autos and similar DA, dynos and fuel, you could us his as a baseline for yours, so an increase of 19 whp and 11 wtq. I saw Dinan used 12% hp and 8% to estimate drive train loss at peak. That would mean raichean baselined at 333/334 and youre at 359/346 for a gain of 26/12 with MPPK+MPE, a bit underwhelming for the price if you’re considering peak gains alone.

Of coursw, using another car on another dyno in a different location is quite a leap.

Using the same Dinan efficiency, your stage 3 setup is ripping a whopping 424/390 brake!
I regret not doing dyno to get a true baseline before adding MPPK+MPE but based on your calculations and what i've read online along with what BMW/Dinan claims the numbers are comparable even though its advertised at the crank.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 01:09 AM   #25
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

I have a 2014 435i xDrive. I went FBO in August 2017 with
ER Charge pipe
ER Intercooler
Fabspeed Catted DP
CTS Turbo intake
The intake I installed my self in May '17 and had my buddy's shop do the rest all in one day. Fabspeed advertises a gain of 21hp and 36tq at the wheels just for the downpipe all though I believe that was for the M2 N55. After getting my car back the difference was extremely evident, acceleration was much quicker, the mid range was unreal the car just kept pulling. I'd also like to note that I have not gotten any CELs with Fabspeed or CTS Turbo. They are both great products. I also just recently passed emissions testing in IL , so Fabspeed and CTS definitely deliver on their promises of no CEL or other problems.
I've since added an Active Autowerke axle back and an MHD Stage 2+ 93 oct tune and let's just say it's not even the same car anymore.
      03-19-2018, 11:29 AM   #26
reddemon73
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435

Thank you for all the responses.

I am a newbie when it comes to exhaust system modification.

I am loving the sound of the new exhaust setup. The "hissing" noise is more apparent with my new setup. I am curious....after I accelerate quickly and let off the gas, I noticed two "pff, pff" sound coming from the exhaust. What is this and what is causing it? This only happened when I have the car in sport mode. Wonder if this is a "loud" sound that other drivers can hear of only me. Thanks
2014 435i M Sport //AW, CR//premium, tech, lightening pkgs//20% tint//full clear bra//ppk//blk grills//20" Vertini wheels//digital gauge//Apple Carplay//MPE with catted DP//VSRF charge pipe//Wagner FMIC//
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 11:48 AM   #27
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddemon73 View Post
Thank you for all the responses.

I am a newbie when it comes to exhaust system modification.

I am loving the sound of the new exhaust setup. The "hissing" noise is more apparent with my new setup. I am curious....after I accelerate quickly and let off the gas, I noticed two "pff, pff" sound coming from the exhaust. What is this and what is causing it? This only happened when I have the car in sport mode. Wonder if this is a "loud" sound that other drivers can hear of only me. Thanks
It's basically a baby burble. Mine got much louder and noticeable after I put on the Active Autowerke axle back.
      03-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #28
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
From my understanding though, that doesn't NECESSARILY mean +50hp net gains, right?
Correct on diminishing returns. The minor exhaust gains may also only come at high rpms. The 35hp is mppsk for 340i so it may be larger or smaller depending on what mppk does for the 335i.
Appreciate 0