F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Back in a BMW again... mod questions
ARMA SPEED

03-28-2018, 09:05 AM   #23
exE36M3
BMW CCA Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.roro View Post
3-4 hours?! Looks like it should take no longer than 30 mins. Did it require a lot of fudging to get it to fit right?
DR RORO - not so much fudging as taking my time. Took me nearly an hour up front to get the car up into the air. When they say the M Sport 435i sit lowest of all the BMWs right now... they aren't kidding. Jack clearance is 5 inches. So I had to fanagle a scissor jack from my kids Accord in there in order to get my 2 ton one on the other side. Once up, there's no central jacking point under the motor that's easy to spot either.

That left about 3 hours. About 30 minutes of that was positioning the front spoiler and marking the middle to drill two holes. You don't want to mess that up as it centers the thing. Get help with that. Once marked and positioned, say another hour solid to carefully bolt into place. The hard part was the tight spaces to get your hands into to hold a nut/bolt combo to anchor the spoiler to the front end.

DO NOT try to use any supplied self tapping screws. The WILL rip right out as soon as you bump into anything. I used fender washers and 1 inch bolts with nylon nuts - so the spoiler will flex with the front end.

So maybe 2-2.5 hours versus my four.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2018, 09:09 AM   #24
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual

Get some low profile racing ramps. They are a huge help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by percychow View Post
DR RORO - not so much fudging as taking my time. Took me nearly an hour up front to get the car up into the air. When they say the M Sport 435i sit lowest of all the BMWs right now... they aren't kidding. Jack clearance is 5 inches. So I had to fanagle a scissor jack from my kids Accord in there in order to get my 2 ton one on the other side. Once up, there's no central jacking point under the motor that's easy to spot either.

That left about 3 hours. About 30 minutes of that was positioning the front spoiler and marking the middle to drill two holes. You don't want to mess that up as it centers the thing. Get help with that. Once marked and positioned, say another hour solid to carefully bolt into place. The hard part was the tight spaces to get your hands into to hold a nut/bolt combo to anchor the spoiler to the front end.

DO NOT try to use any supplied self tapping screws. The WILL rip right out as soon as you bump into anything. I used fender washers and 1 inch bolts with nylon nuts - so the spoiler will flex with the front end.

So maybe 2-2.5 hours versus my four.

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 1
ronanz1819.50
      03-31-2018, 01:12 PM   #25
FenixMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 Competition

Wagner downpipe installed today with stock exhaust... Charge pipes and turbo haven't shown up yet so those will be next week on my days off with the intercooler. I am VERY impressed with the quality of the Wagner products and they look significantly better in pictures than the ER stuff does, but obviously I dont have ER stuff in front of me to compare.

Cold start - the video had revs but apparently as soon as my car connected with my phone it stopped recording. Once the flap closed, even on revs, it wasn't any louder than factory, and this is a cat-less down pipe. I will drive it in a bit and take some more videos.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 07:03 PM   #26
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixMike View Post
Wagner downpipe installed today with stock exhaust... Charge pipes and turbo haven't shown up yet so those will be next week on my days off with the intercooler. I am VERY impressed with the quality of the Wagner products and they look significantly better in pictures than the ER stuff does, but obviously I dont have ER stuff in front of me to compare.

Cold start - the video had revs but apparently as soon as my car connected with my phone it stopped recording. Once the flap closed, even on revs, it wasn't any louder than factory, and this is a cat-less down pipe. I will drive it in a bit and take some more videos.
Wagner products are top notch

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0