F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 435i (stg 2) vs c63s amg
proTUNING Freaks

03-04-2018, 12:57 AM   #23
LikeMike
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
Now if they threw in a 4.0 V8 twin turbo into the 3 series would be something...

when you get to this level... liter size is always going to win overall... the C63s sits between a M4 and M5 it seems... real nice car... should hold value well... M4 still beat it on the track though and M4 almost as fast in a drag... needs a 4.0L v8 BT .... lol... but they say the C63s is the best everyday car... going to be interesting in the future with all this Hp being let loose....
Yeah it’s crazy how far Mercedes has come with this platform alone, the engine is a masterpiece and the interior is unbelievable. As you said, I consider this car in a tier between an m4 and m5. At the end of the day though, there’s no replacement for displacement.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 01:26 AM   #24
StockLOL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i MPPSK

What do you think you’re putting down, 425whp? My buddy has C63s and I’m getting 340i MPPSK delivered any day now. I’m gonna run him
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 04:12 AM   #25
enjoythemusic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Dinan Stage 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
This was done on a closed road with no public access, or civilian traffic. I agree that runs like these should never be done on public roads with other innocent bystanders in the vicinity.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
You know how many street races are out there, why bother. No one aint gonna listen you.
(sigh) So if a vast minority of people are.... as long as it suits your illegal activity desires. Do you know how many people are dying from meth overdose? Yet good point you have there, "no one aint gonna listen you".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Cmon dude really! Florida is the capital of street racing. However I would not comment is everyone's right to play at their own risk! Wont be me I am a track guy but not the OP's Parent.
Agree am not anyone's parent. And yeah, hate to be the 'bad guy' here.

Play at their own risk.... i 100% agree at a location where innocent bystandards are not at risk.

--------------------------------------------------

When i was driving the Ferrari, i can't even try to count the number of aholes, sorry, i mean irresponsible drivers, in a variety of cars who 'egged me on' on public roads to race. A few times, tho i never raced them, they did things directly by/around my car that did, in fact, TWICE caused me to take some serious maneuvers to avoid their sheer lack of talent/capability of doing the things to their car they were doing. In other words, a few nearly crashed into me, another swerved big time and almost crashed....

Good thing is a majority of time some sense of sanity happen and we'd just smile and would let them know i dig their car. Would say 15% of the time we'd all pull over, would gladly show them the car and all the mods done (yes i personally turned wrenches on her.... a lot!). Would also ask if they've ever tracked their car (only one ever had) and always invited them to track events by two or three different local driving clubs (COMSCC, SCDA and of course SCCA as was in New England).

The point is, driving can be a SH*TLOAD OF FUN, heck yes!!!! Yet please, how about a bit of common sense.

BTW, how many of you street racers truly know vehicle dynamics from classroom and on-track learning with an instructor? Did you know F1 drivers have driving coaches.

What books have you read about the dynamics of the automobile, driving technique, etc?

Again, hate being the ahole here, yet once you've tracked your car many times (and/or raced a proper track car for a few seasons), you quickly realize public roads are not just relatively unsafe, you're putting too many risky unknown variables too as to what might be around the corner or in the roadway or an animal going across or...

Sure i now probably sound like the biggest friggen douchebag ever, and frankly will take the heat. If it means one person here decides to attend a track event, learn about vehicle dynamics, driving techniques, etc then i feel it's been great to be a bimmerfest douchbag.

PS: One guy who wanted to street race me. He did have the faster car and was being VERY insistent. i pointed that we should pulled over, we talked a bit, and he really wanted to race me, and given he'd never tracked his car i said "Let's race at LRP or WGI or NHMS title for title since you want to race that bad and have a faster car. Showed him my SCCA National License, Skip Barber stuff, etc... He declined to race me.

If you actually read this post, i truly, deeply, and humbly thank you. Please enjoy the race track, prep your car, have fun, and be safe. The life you save may be your best friend's mother who died from a driving incident that was not her fault (street racers).

(Some bad humor) When you illegally street race, a puppy dies

Steven
2014 435i M-Opt, M LSD, Dinan CAI/IC/BTurbo/Stage 4, ER TIC/CP, GFB DV+, Fabspeed HJS cat DP & Mich PS4S.

Last edited by enjoythemusic; 03-04-2018 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 4
ceedawg467.50
ronanz1819.50
Bestia64.50
      03-04-2018, 06:22 AM   #26
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Thank you

(sigh) So if a vast minority of people are.... as long as it suits your illegal activity desires. Do you know how many people are dying from meth overdose? Yet good point you have there, "no one aint gonna listen you".

Play at their own risk.... i 100% agree at a location where innocent bystandards are not at risk.

When i was driving the Ferrari, i can't even try to count the number of aholes, sorry, i mean irresponsible drivers, in a variety of cars who 'egged me on' on public roads to race. A few times, tho i never raced them, they did things directly by/around my car that did, in fact, TWICE caused me to take some serious maneuvers to avoid their sheer lack of talent/capability of doing the things to their car they were doing. In other words, a few nearly crashed into me, another swerved big time and almost crashed....

Good thing is a majority of time some sense of sanity happen and we'd just smile and would let them know i dig their car. Would say 15% of the time we'd all pull over, would gladly show them the car and all the mods done (yes i personally turned wrenches on her.... a lot!). Would also ask if they've ever tracked their car (only one even had) and always invited them to track events by two or three different local driving clubs (COMSCC, SCDA and of course SCCA as was in New England).

The point is, driving can be a SH*TLOAD OF FUN, heck yes!!!! Yet please, how about a bit of common sense.

BTW, how many of you street racers truly know vehicle dynamics from classroom and on-track learning with an instructor? Did you know F1 drivers have driving coaches.

What books have you read about the dynamics of the automobile, driving technique, etc?

Again, hate being the ahole here, yet once you've tracked your car many times (and/or raced a proper track car for a few seasons), you quickly realize public roads are not just relatively unsafe, you're putting too many risky unknown variables too as to what might be around the cover or in the road or an animal going across or...

Sure i now probably sound like the biggest friggen douchebag ever, and frankly will take the heat. If it means one person here decides to attend a track event, learn about vehicle dynamics, driving techniques, etc then i feel it's been great to be a bimmerfest douchbag.

PS: One guy who wanted to street race me. He did have the faster car and was being VERY insistent. i pointed that we should pulled over, we talked a bit, and he really wanted to race me, and given he'd never tracked his car i said "Let's race at LRP or WGI or NHMS title for title since you want to race that bad and have a faster car. Showed him my SCCA National License, Skip Barber stuff, etc... He declined to race me.

If you actually read this post, i truly, deeply, and humbly thank you. Please enjoy the race track, prep your car, have fun, and be safe. The life you save may be your best friend's mother who died from a driving incident that was not her fault (street racers).

No arguments here
      03-04-2018, 07:42 AM   #27
LikeMike
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockLOL View Post
What do you think you’re putting down, 425whp? My buddy has C63s and I’m getting 340i MPPSK delivered any day now. I’m gonna run him

Yeah, probably somewhere around there. Map 7 works fine most the time, but sometimes it’s buggy and you get random throttle closures, which was the problem in these 2 runs, my boost kept dropping 2-3psi in 5th gear. I’ll get some better runs in next time with map 5 instead(which in good conditions hits 19psi) but more importantly feels much smoother through the power range, and the top end should be a bit closer. Regardless of how your race goes, dont be discouraged, these monsters make ~470whp+ from factory. Looking forward to your results brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Thank you

Good thing is a majority of time some sense of sanity happen and we'd just smile and would let them know i dig their car. Would say 15% of the time we'd all pull over, would gladly show them the car and all the mods done (yes i personally turned wrenches on her.... a lot!). Would also ask if they've ever tracked their car (only one even had) and always invited them to track events by two or three different local driving clubs (COMSCC, SCDA and of course SCCA as was in New England).

Again, hate being the ahole here, yet once you've tracked your car many times (and/or raced a proper track car for a few seasons), you quickly realize public roads are not just relatively unsafe, you're putting too many risky unknown variables too as to what might be around the cover or in the road or an animal going across or...

Agreed 100% brother.

Last edited by LikeMike; 03-04-2018 at 08:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 07:40 PM   #28
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockLOL View Post
You are gonna lose badly
Appreciate 1
Insane435476.50
      03-26-2018, 05:52 PM   #29
borboa
Private
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIVTJ_MjTnQ

435i jb4, er dp, intake, ewg/ff wires.
Quote:

435i jb4, er dp, intake, ewg/ff wires.
Why did u try to race agains c63 with those mods? Not enough.
I have a bmw 435 coupe with this mods

Jb4
Injen intake
ER intercooler
ER chargepipe
Afe catted downpipe
GFB dv+
BMS water methanol injection
MHD flash + BEF
E30 gas

I do race agains c63
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 07:09 PM   #30
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by borboa View Post
Why did u try to race agains c63 with those mods? Not enough.
I have a bmw 435 coupe with this mods

Jb4
Injen intake
ER intercooler
ER chargepipe
Afe catted downpipe
GFB dv+
BMS water methanol injection
MHD flash + BEF
E30 gas

I do race agains c63
And do you beat them? I suspect so....

OP, your drops in subsequent runs is probably due to a lack of a FMIC. I am surprised you did that well... good job !

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0