F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Those with a front lip.. do you replace it after it breaks?
Extreme Powerhouse

01-16-2022, 01:23 PM   #23
simplyeric
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 2018 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussiwillow View Post
So so nice!
My wheel set up is looking like kansei tandem 18x9's
I don't see many f30 with them and I think they'll look pretty aggressive, offset seems very decent compared to their 9.5 +22 lol
Danggg those look FRESH! Love them man!! Let me know when you get them!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 01:25 PM   #24
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 2014 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyeric View Post
Quote:
So so nice!
I don't see many f30 with them and I think they'll look pretty aggressive, offset seems very decent compared to their 9.5 +22 lol
Thanks man! I will, I think it'll be within the next few months, just put 5500$ up for a vacation in 2 weeks lol. I wanna recover my savings a little
I'm on b14's, camber plates soon, and mono ball arms in the front with spl or the line camber arms in the rear, really wanna dial the suspension further

I've taken the rear down a little more since and obviously the m performance lip
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 01:31 PM   #25
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
I'm not lowered because of how bad the roads here in the northeast are and because my lip already scrapes at stock ride height, but should it ever break off I'll be rocking just the fang sections rather than replacing the entire thing and risk it breaking again.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19448869222...3ABFBM_tjtxcxf
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 01:35 PM   #26
simplyeric
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So so nice!
Thanks man! I will, I think it'll be within the next few months, just put 5500$ up for a vacation in 2 weeks lol. I wanna recover my savings a little
I'm on b14's, camber plates soon, and mono ball arms in the front with spl or the line camber arms in the rear, really wanna dial the suspension further

I've taken the rear down a little more since and obviously the m performance lip
Lmaoo vacation is always better than tuning a car. Those wheels you have on right now are actually look sleek lowered on those b14's! Wheel gap is on point. I wish I can lower it like yours but I live in a country where I have to go in underground parking lots on a daily basis. The onramp and offramps are literally 45 degrees😢 which is the reason why my front lip busted its shiet.

I also wish I can make find adjustments but impossible and have to do it at the shop.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 01:38 PM   #27
simplyeric
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
I'm not lowered because of how bad the roads here in the northeast are and because my lip already scrapes at stock ride height, but should it ever break off I'll be rocking just the fang sections rather than replacing the entire thing and risk it breaking again.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19448869222...3ABFBM_tjtxcxf
Exact same situation as me (see the previous reply)!!!!! Lowering it and entered my complex parking lot and it broke off. Two dudes came up to me and said, "I know that sound. I know that feeling. It's toast". Lmfaooo.

Thankfully I have the fangs left and not sure if it's fine riding it like this as the lip and splitters are all in one piece.

What do you think? Attached some photos.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 01:50 PM   #28
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Exact same situation as me (see the previous reply)!!!!! Lowering it and entered my complex parking lot and it broke off. Two dudes came up to me and said, "I know that sound. I know that feeling. It's toast". Lmfaooo.

Thankfully I have the fangs left and not sure if it's fine riding it like this as the lip and splitters are all in one piece.

Looks like a pretty clean break but can definitely see a bit of the damage upon closer inspection. Personally, I would remove and replace the little splitter sections so that the car doesn't look or feel blemished. Speaking from experience, you'll definitely sleep better at night
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 01:57 PM   #29
simplyeric
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
Quote:

Looks like a pretty clean break but can definitely see a bit of the damage upon closer inspection. Personally, I would remove and replace the little splitter sections so that the car doesn't look or feel blemished. Speaking from experience, you'll definitely sleep better at night
Good idea. Thanks brotha. I will get these babies replaced and will check out the link you provided. Is a jack required for the front splitters (not sure what kind of drill I would need)? I got it done at a shop and now I am thinking of just doing the splitters over the next weekend.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 02:03 PM   #30
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good idea. Thanks brotha. I will get these babies replaced and will check out the link you provided. Is a jack required for the front splitters (not sure what kind of drill I would need)? I got it done at a shop and now I am thinking of just doing the splitters over the next weekend.
Might need to lift the car to remove the old ones if they're drilled in. Installing the new ones shouldn't require lifting the car up since they seem to just be installed with double sided adhesive tape. Really depends on what you end up buying. There are plenty of options outside of the ones I sent if you want gloss black or carbon instead of matte. I'd do a little poking around prior to ordering. Either way they shouldn't be too expensive nor should they scrape. Will make day to day driving much less stressful I'm sure.
      01-16-2022, 02:08 PM   #31
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Mine a is a 3 piece set up, the splitter area is just held with foam double sided tape
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-16-2022, 02:10 PM   #32
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So so nice!

Lmaoo vacation is always better than tuning a car. Those wheels you have on right now are actually look sleek lowered on those b14's! Wheel gap is on point. I wish I can lower it like yours but I live in a country where I have to go in underground parking lots on a daily basis. The onramp and offramps are literally 45 degrees😢 which is the reason why my front lip busted its shiet.

I also wish I can make find adjustments but impossible and have to do it at the shop.
Thank you for the kind words, the stock wheels are pretty nice, I would just like more sidewall and step that 18" life but I haven't been in a rush because it does look pretty clean.
I was scared to lower it because it's my weekend and travel car, lol the new lip makes it a pain but it's worth it at the moment, my town is pretty easy, big cities are hard for sure and may remove the lip when I travel with it
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2022, 02:10 PM   #33
simplyeric
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Mine a is a 3 piece set up, the splitter area is just held with foam double sided tape
Never ever forever going with a one piece lip in the future. Big mistake on my side.

Is your fog light splitters bolted on at all to the car on the bottom?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 02:22 PM   #34
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Never ever forever going with a one piece lip in the future. Big mistake on my side.

Is your fog light splitters bolted on at all to the car on the bottom?
The 2 splitters are just taped, and rock solid, no bolts on that.
The lip I did something a little nicer than the kit wanted, the ends of the bumper have 2 holes I used metric bolts I think m5 or m6 size, 8mm head, with fender washers and bolted them down, as well as a reinforcement plate in the center with 2 bolts using the plate as support so it doesn't pull the plastic bumper down

I only made 2 holes in the center
The rest was the oem holes.
The splitter section is double sided taped to the lip even tho it doesn't need anything as it fit snug without
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 10:34 PM   #35
Colef30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 335i MHD ST2+

Quote:
It finally happened boys. The front lip completely busted off and I knew that shiz was coming off 20 minutes before it was going to happen.

I lowered my car with a new set of KW coilovers. Drives like heaven but the front lip blew off.

How does one grieve/cope with this situation? Is it worth even just replacing? Or do you guys just remove it and call it a day for good?
I have always run plastic lip cuz I’m pretty low there’s a good seller on eBay with good quality for relitively cheap
Appreciate 0