F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > UK F31 Alpine White 320d M Sport
ARMA SPEED

03-05-2020, 01:32 PM   #1
F31Sit
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d MSport

UK F31 Alpine White 320d M Sport

Evening,

What a great forum (aside from the admins who haven't responded to my 10 or so emails about a locked account!) so here I am, new username although registered on here a good while back when looking at another 3 Series.

I am a bit of serial car changer and this will be number 54 for me, the spectrum of cars covers all manner of different things which at the particular time of ownership fulfilled a purpose.

In the last 12 months the order of vehicles has been -

A 2014 C250d AMG Line in polar white with cranberry leather, this was a superb vehicle and one I miss really, it was well specced with Burmester, Pan Roof, Auto Park, Privacy, heated leather, Command, keyless entry/go and served as my daily for my job at the time whilst also family transport for myself, wife, daughter and dog.

The Mercedes was sold (peer pressure!) with several friends knocking around in VX220's and talk of a few road trips. I previously owned an NA which was a great car but always wanted to tick the Turbo box, this was a Stage 2 car with around 280bhp - rocket! It was great, ran in parallel with a Golf diesel for daily duties. With winter knocking on the door and no garage I was concerned the VXT would deteriorate even with a cover, VXT sold along with Golf.

Picked this up from a chap in London who had bought a brand new RR and provisionally agreed a p/ex deal on his own Sport, offered it out for £500 more than p/ex price if it sold before new one arrived. It was FULLY LOADED and had been driven around the capital by his wife with son in, had a very easy life and history was incredible. Ran this through the winter over Christmas and it was sublime, I had always wanted one and glad I had it but managed to flip it for a profit and sold it in January.

So that left a hole, no car and a potential house move in the pipeline, so I hopped on my bike - 8 miles to work and 8 miles home was some great exercise everyday although the weather in Jan and Feb did have me longing for the comfort of another car. I got rid of my 'Winter Warmth' improved my fitness and saved a heap of cash but then my place of work was put up for sale and we were to be moved on March 9th. So back to Auto Trader it was, scouring the pages and looking at all sorts from Golf R's to Leon Cupra's and everything in between. I reached the decision that I needed another estate and as previously mentioned deeply regretted selling the Mercedes, so I happened across the YouTube video where Chris Harris makes a very good case for the 320d being all the car you need. I headed into Auto Trader and started researching, initially convincing myself a 330d was the way forward, until I took an insurance quote - north of £500 when the RRS was less than £300???? I havent paid more than £400 for insurance for years. Ran the 320d through the system and it was nearly £200 cheaper - decision made.

I love white cars, I think with contrasting details they look superb and ultra fresh when clean, also liked Estoril and Melbourne but by chance found the car I bought whilst looking at a silver one at a dealer.

My car is a 2013 320d M Sport, auto, pro-nav, visibility pack, Sport Plus Pack, heated seats, privacy, 2 owners, FBMSH, Dynamic Lights you get the idea, couple of pics (dealer filtered ones for now - sorry!) -

I have plans, of course I do otherwise I wouldn't have signed up here and written such a monster intro post -

Eibach Springs
De-Badge
M Performance Kit (gloss back)
Dual exhaust (OCD can't deal with single pipe!)
Some coding
A rear spoiler of some variety
New wheels possibly ditch the run flats

Already done mirror caps and genuine BMW Performance grilles -

Next up is a good clean, private plate fitting and then to start on the list, hoping I can use this thread to update progress through the
Appreciate 3
      03-09-2020, 09:37 PM   #2
///Mac
DCTehehe
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Looks fantastic, Alpine white you can't go wrong. But I vote you keep the wheels, those look amazing... run flats need to be replaced for sure though! All of your other plans sound great.
      03-10-2020, 12:25 AM   #3
F31Sit
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadwagon View Post
Looks fantastic, Alpine white you can't go wrong. But I vote you keep the wheels, those look amazing... run flats need to be replaced for sure though! All of your other plans sound great.
Thanks for your comments, I am starting to really like the wheels and considering maybe a refrub with some non rft's could be in order?

Have nabbed some genuine BMW black grilles, some gloss black mirror caps both of which made a marked change to the appearance of the vehicle. I also managed to buy a brand new pair of M Performance sill extensions from a dealer with a 55% reduction!!!

Also sorted a 340i backbox for the twin exhaust conversion, so things are moving along nicely.

Si
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 10:59 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Looks great!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0