F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > getting my Iphone 6 plus to work with my Sept 2013 F34 GT
Studio RSR

05-04-2015, 03:45 AM   #1
Tameautumn
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M-Sport (VDC)

getting my Iphone 6 plus to work with my Sept 2013 F34 GT

guys,
just picked up a second hand GT - absolutely love it, but having issues getting the idrive to work with my iPhone 6 plus.

Bluetooth calls are OK, but neither the official apple cable not Bluetooth can steam music/control track selection.

I don't want to go down the y cable route if i can help it, as I know the system should be able to handle iPhones.

when I try to upgrade software all I get is version 1008 as the max, surely there is a newer version - or do I have to sweet talk the dealership to get this?

Thanks for any advice - believe latest version *.bin file is 5xxx, but this is not accepted by idrive when I try to upgrade via USB
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 04:01 AM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Unless you have EBT (enhanced blutooth and USB) you can't use the apple cable or stream over bluetooth on business nav, pro nav should be able to use the apple cable. Which nav do you have? Check if you have the connection for the snap in adaptor under the armrest, if not then you don't have EBT.

You might be able to 'code' EBT, but not sure in such an early car, you'd need to check if you have a combox under the boot floor which i believe has to be unscrewed on the GT. the combox looks like this:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 11:36 AM   #3
Tameautumn
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M-Sport (VDC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Unless you have EBT (enhanced blutooth and USB) you can't use the apple cable or stream over bluetooth on business nav, pro nav should be able to use the apple cable. Which nav do you have? Check if you have the connection for the snap in adaptor under the armrest, if not then you don't have EBT.

You might be able to 'code' EBT, but not sure in such an early car, you'd need to check if you have a combox under the boot floor which i believe has to be unscrewed on the GT. the combox looks like this:
That explains a lot - I have Business nav and suspect that the EBT option is not present .. darn it , but thanks for the clear info
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #4
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tameautumn
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post

That explains a lot - I have Business nav and suspect that the EBT option is not present .. darn it , but thanks for the clear info
Here's the guide on how to enable it, if you have the combox.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=961515
Appreciate 0