F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F30 suspension options
proTUNING Freaks

07-28-2021, 04:15 AM   #1
gameson
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 320i N20

F30 suspension options

1. my rear suspension needs to be replaced soon... so i am thinking either going for OEM BMW or aftermarket.

I am not a racer or aspiring to be, and my budget is limited, meaning if i would spend more, probably just a bit more than what the OEM would cost. Of course less $ is better, but I don't want to sacrifice my ride.

I don't need coil overs or height adjustable suspension. I am OK with stock height, if lower, i don't want to lower too much due to road condition as sometime I drive carelessly and don't want to scrape my rims.

With that said, so what are my options? What's the going rate for OEM? reading thru here, bilstein B6 seems like the common options combine with stock spring?

my tires setup is 19 inch with 245/40/19

2. is buying used suspension a good idea to save $ while getting more bang for bucks? what to look for when buying used suspension?

3. if i replace my suspension, what's a good spring to combo with bilstein b6? or should I use the OEM spring?

4. How do I know if I have an adaptive suspension? I bought my 320i pre LCI used and i don't have any info beside decoding my VIN.

Thanks.

Last edited by gameson; 07-28-2021 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 0