F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Classifieds > F30 328i M-Sport Saloon Auto High Spec BMW Warranty For Sale
ARMA SPEED

02-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #1
S.Bakhai
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Competition Pack

Post F30 328i M-Sport Saloon Auto High Spec BMW Warranty For Sale

Rare high spec from factory with a list price when new of just over £41k in 2014! Always been under BMW warranty and just extended till Feb 2019.
The car has Full BMW Service history and was recently ceramic coated with G Techniq and refurbed wheels for new look as planned on keeping for a long time.

However, up for sale now as upgrading to a M4 Competition Package and the spec of this car is rare:
2014 BMW 328i M Sport Auto Saloon
Sport Auto Gearbox with Padelshift
M-Sport Plus Package (comprises of 19" upgraded alloys, Harman Kardon Sound system, Rear windscreen and back windows privacy glass, M Performance braking system, Blue M Sport calipers)
Interior Comfort Pack (Dual Zone climate control and other extras)
Professional Navigation (wide screen navigation with splitscreen functionality)
Electric Memory Seats (rare but so useful) with front seats being heated
Electric Folding Mirrors
Xenon Lights
Black Leather Interior
Electric Sunroof (expensive option)
Split Folding Seats
Recently been MOT'd for full 12 months until Feb 19, next service due Aug 18 or 3000 miles so no immediate work required on the car.
Vehicle will only be released once funds clear.

£17,750 O.N.O.

This car comes with
Electric windows, Air conditioning, Satellite navigation, Parking aid, MP3 player, CD player, Bluetooth, Leather trim, Heated seats, Height adjustable driver's seat, Height adjustable passenger seat, Child seat points (Isofix system), Sports seats, 19" Alloy Wheels, Power steering, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Steering wheel reach adjustment, Cruise control, Traction control, Central locking, Alarm, Immobiliser, Driver's airbags, Side airbags, Passenger airbags, Electric sunroof, Metallic paint
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
R19YSM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D Sport

Mileage?

Nice spec and GLWS.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 01:07 AM   #3
S.Bakhai
Rep

It’s on 44,500 miles
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 01:43 PM   #4
S.Bakhai
Rep

Price reduction to £17,495
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 02:29 PM   #5
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Bakhai View Post
Price reduction to £17,495
In 1 day!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
S.Bakhai
Rep

New car coming earlier than planned!
Appreciate 1
SkyJawa3687.50
      02-05-2018, 03:09 AM   #7
S.Bakhai
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 05:27 AM   #8
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

I don't normally comment on prices, but given that you have only joined for the free advert, I will point out that your £17,495 price is still ridiculous. Do you really think that your car has only dropped by £4.5k in just over 2 years since you paid £22k for it?

£13-14k would be about right. You can buy an approved used car from BMW for less than your current price, with all the protection which that offers. Here is an example https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201801202933351

Hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 12:32 PM   #9
S.Bakhai
Rep

JD6

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

In response to the items you have mentioned, please see my comments below:

1) The price of a vehicle is determined by market factors and not what an individual paid for the vehicle.

2) Please can you explain how a lower specced car with the same 12 months BMW warranty is worth £4000 - £5000 more than mine by your valuation model.

3) I didn't pay £22k for the vehicle so please don't assume such items with little information about me and my vehicles. Please clarify where you have established length of ownership and amount paid from?

4) I have been a passive user of the forum as unfortunately wasn't able to contribute much from owner experience apart from the fact that the car has been great. If I had issues and could help others, then I would have commented appropriately, especially as having over 12 cars from BMW over the years I would like to believe I am more than a enthusiant sharing a lot of the qualities and charateristics others on this forum have.

Finally as you clearly are a fellow enthusiant and know the cars very well, I am surprised by such hostility and negativity in supporting new members plus the fact of highlighting such lower spec'd cars as I would have hoped members would be more supportive and encourage the sale of one vehicle to another member especially when it states I am buying another BMW, has the warranty and appropriate peace of mind for new owners and having recently been ceramic'd highlights the level of care I put into my vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #10
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

It isn’t the same warranty - the AUC covers other risks such as hidden damage. If you buy an AUC and find it has been in an accident previously or it has been modified in some way you are covered. With a random private purchase such as this, it is buyer beware.

Your car was listed at £22,995 asking price in Dec 15, so it seems a reasonable assumption that you paid around £22k for it at that time or soon after. How much did you pay?

Of course if you were a longstanding member, a buyer could take some view on your credibility, but since you have only just registered, this is the same as any other private sale.

I am not showing negativity to a new member. You clearly have no intention of using this F30 forum or you wouldn’t have registered only when you come to sell, having owned for 2 years. For a regular member I probably wouldn’t comment about an overpriced car. For someone who is just using the forum for a free advert, I might.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #11
S.Bakhai
Rep

Thank for the reply JD6.

Please can you explain regarding the difference on AUC because I bought the car from BMW as you mention and have consistently kept it under warranty with them and clearly not had any accidents or dents etc on the car.

If people wanted to inspect the car and even if they wanted third parties to conduct the inspections, I am open for this as nothing to hide. Therefore, along with any inspection to confirm the car is genuine and straight with the BMW main dealer warranty and everything up to date.

With regards to no intention to using the forum, I think once again this is highly unfair as it is your assumption and people have differing reasons for being party to a forum. I didn't believe I could contribute for common issues or help and advise others accordingly in a comparatively 'normal' 3 series, this is why I mentioned I am getting the M4 competition package and the intention is to do threads of ownership as this is my first M car. We have other M cars in the house but thought I would then be better positioned to advise people of the differences and moving into the higher models of the range.

However, instead of seeing the support others have had on the forum, my experience today has been quite the contray and would definitely think twice before I post more info now.

Finally, you still haven't responded to my points in previous post as point 1 and 2, also if I wanted to do just the free advert why would have I paid for adverts elsewhere? I felt it appropriate to post on the forum so others could benefit from hopefully finding a high spec car with the right options that tend to be hard to find as that was the problem I had when searching for ones in the past.

You clearly follow the market closely so you believe the £17k 2014 328i with 12 months AUC is worthwhile but my 2014 328i which was bought under AUC and subsequently continued under warranty with BMW and higher spec is worth upto £4k lower.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 03:21 PM   #12
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

I think it is common knowledge that main dealers can demand higher prices than private sellers - I shouldn’t really have to explain that one. The rights you have when buying from a dealer are quite different to buying from a random person in the street or online.

Your logic about paying for other adverts, so how could you want a free advert here, is rather strange.

I am pointing out that a slightly newer, lower mileage car than yours with a fairly similar spec is available for less money as an AUC. That suggests that your price is significantly too high. I’m not saying that the AUC is worth £17k, that is the maximum it is worth clearly - it may be worth less. But I am saying that you are extremely unlikely to sell at your current price. A dealer would probably offer you £11-12k, but you should be able to get a little more privately, hence the suggestion of £13-14k

I notice that you haven’t replied about the approx £22k purchase price which you denied in your first reply.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 09:21 AM   #13
Steces
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
I don't normally comment on prices, but given that you have only joined for the free advert, I will point out that your £17,495 price is still ridiculous. Do you really think that your car has only dropped by £4.5k in just over 2 years since you paid £22k for it?

£13-14k would be about right. You can buy an approved used car from BMW for less than your current price, with all the protection which that offers. Here is an example https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201801202933351

Hope that helps

£12,325 at WBAC for YA63MLE so £13k for a private sale seems about right doesn't it?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 09:33 AM   #14
Jeff123
Jeff
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport x-drive F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steces View Post
£12,325 at WBAC for YA63MLE so £13k for a private sale seems about right doesn't it?
Seems harsh, looks a good car with a good spec.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 02:15 AM   #15
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steces View Post
Seems harsh, looks a good car with a good spec.
+1

Good spec, nice looking car

G30 540i xDrive / BM3 Stage 2+ / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / MPS4S / 20" BBS CI-R / Eibach Spacers / xHP Stg 3 / MST Intake / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 12:16 PM   #16
DaveH28
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f31 335d estoril blue

The criticism is a bit harsh tbf.

Nice car that and if it's not worth then it simply won't sell, but don't think it needs so harshly pointing out..

Quick look on autotrader and it's not too far off the mark for what it is.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 01:11 PM   #17
Twenty2Three
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i M Sport

IMHO a future classic, great engine all the toys... and not a diesel!
I have the same car albeit a 62 plate virtually same spec but on 86K
Been offered £9K part ex!!!
I bet I could break it and get more than that!
PS runs like a dream
Good luck with the sale
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 01:29 PM   #18
S.Bakhai
Rep

Hey All,

Sorry been a bit frantic past couple of days.

Thanks for all the support, really appreciated. Just wanted to let you know I picked up the M4 Comp Pack today and have been over the moon all day !

Anyways, back to the 328, appreciate everyone's comments and as I have now taken delivery of the new car, price is now reduced to £16,995 for forum members!

I feel that is a fantastic price for age/mileage/spec and warranty with the car, my point of reference has always been what else is around and yes there is the one at the same price that was highlighted by JD6 but biggest problem is I don't know many/anyone who would want a car with leather but no heated seats and suspect this is why the dealer has dropped it so much.

Once again, after Steces has checked WBAC and confirmed their price, to me it further substantiates my price as WBAC are part of BCA and would mark up car for BCA to auction and in turn for traders/garages to acquire by which point I suspect with associated fees etc. it would be c£14.5k - £16k depending on level of interest at auction. Thereafter, I suspect the retail price would be £18k+ considering warranty to be added and profit margins etc hence believed my pricing was sensible on the whole.

Furthermore, when comparing to other cars on autotrader, this is the cheapest 2014 328i advertised let alone all the spec and BMW warranty with prices for M Sport versions ranging from £17k up to £22k for a 2015 model.

Anyways, hopefully someone does see value in this car and would appreciate it the way I have, if it doesn't sell I may keep it for longer and use it whilst keeping the M4 for the weekend until this does sell as I would much rather sell to a private individual but may take a call for trade buyers at somepoint otherwise.

Also, for your info, I will be starting a new thread regarding my first M car and how it went today from reaching the dealership, paperwork, taking delivery and then going for my first drive !!

Thanks everyone, hope this sells and fingers crossed you like the other thread of my ownership journey.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 02:54 PM   #19
smorg99
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e M Sport

GLWS

Look forward to seeing M4 posts
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2018, 02:35 AM   #20
ahmedb
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone M3

I'd say the price is pretty decent at £17k. Good luck with the sale.

P.S. I note this is now on AT for the same price, not a special forum member price but equally, I don't blame you for not offering a special forum price for those who want to knock your advert.
      02-08-2018, 01:18 PM   #21
TallP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330D M Sport XDrive

GLWTS. Looks a cracking motor. Having recently sold my 330d and advertised on here I was met with comments of it being too high. I did drop it but only to what I wanted to achieve in the end. Stick with it and the right person will buy it.
Appreciate 1
DB198516.50
      02-14-2018, 07:37 AM   #22
nosherlock
Registered
Rep
Drives: f30

Any reason this number plate does not show up in MOT history check? https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
Appreciate 0