F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > AWE Touring installed on F36
GetBMWParts

09-14-2015, 11:03 AM   #1
Jack733825
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i F36 Gran Coupe

Garage List
AWE Touring installed on F36

Just installed the AWE 335/435 Touring Edition exhaust on my 435 GC today. They don't guarantee fitment on gran coupe due to longer car length overall, but turns out the fitment is still perfect and I can personally guarantee that.

This is the first time I ever done mods to my car, I got some noob questions and I hope some pros here could answer for me.

1) some weird smell coming out the pipes, especially when you rev it in parking and the gas is still trapped in the space. Smells like something's burning. Only a tiny little bit, but can definitely notice. Is it something I should worry about?

2) it is wayyy too loud than I expected, and it gets a little annoying on the road sometimes. Does it get quiet down after break in? Don't get me wrong I love loud exhaust and the tone on this one is great, but sometimes when I floor it I feel tiny tiny shakes of the rear section of the section in super high frequencies. Is this normal??

3) the installer recommend tack welding to all the clamps that hold the sections together. He said it should reduce shakes, true?

Thanks in advance! Vids and pics will be posted shortly!
      09-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack733825 View Post
Just installed the AWE 335/435 Touring Edition exhaust on my 435 GC today. They don't guarantee fitment on gran coupe due to longer car length overall, but turns out the fitment is still perfect and I can personally guarantee that.

This is the first time I ever done mods to my car, I got some noob questions and I hope some pros here could answer for me.

1) some weird smell coming out the pipes, especially when you rev it in parking and the gas is still trapped in the space. Smells like something's burning. Only a tiny little bit, but can definitely notice. Is it something I should worry about?

Normal on a brand new exhaust

2) it is wayyy too loud than I expected, and it gets a little annoying on the road sometimes. Does it get quiet down after break in? Don't get me wrong I love loud exhaust and the tone on this one is great, but sometimes when I floor it I feel tiny tiny shakes of the rear section of the section in super high frequencies. Is this normal??

Sound will get better in a month

Shakes might be due to an error with installation, we sold quite a few of these exhaust never had anyone complaining about shakes

3) the installer recommend tack welding to all the clamps that hold the sections together. He said it should reduce shakes, true?

I would start by checking installation before making any adjustment on a well designed exhaust

Normal on a brand new exhaust

Sound will get better in a month

Shakes might be due to an error with installation, we sold quite a few of these exhaust never had anyone complaining about shakes

I would start by checking installation before making any adjustment on a well designed exhaust

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #3
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

1) Burning smell is normal on a new exhaust

2) Too loud, well thats up for interpretation and sensitivity to mods.

3) I wouldn't tack weld the clamps, that would reduce metallic rattles caused by them vibrating but if they are clamped tight they shouldn't vibrate.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 11:24 PM   #4
Zakattack20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack733825

Too loud? Sounds like sweet machine love making to me? :

Can't wait for mine to arrive
Appreciate 0