F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Single "clunk" on break 435xi
Studio RSR

10-01-2019, 01:31 PM   #1
Siowroc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F32

Single "clunk" on break 435xi

Hey, 1st of all sorry for my grammar, here is the thing when parking, changing on the D / R and press the brake gently, you can hear a slight knock on the front wheels(0.15-0.16sec most hearable), one at a time. I checked the suspension is stiff, the mangler has no slack, on the dynamometer all values ​​are ok, 3D geometry done, sliglty loose in yokes(but mechanic said its fine, he said the noise can be from that because breakes touches brake disc). Car 435xi, in addition, when the most bumpy when the brake is slightly depressed, it sometimes pulls the car to the right, everything around the wheel is stiff, have you met anything from that ? Could it be caused by tires (last season and throwing away) or crooked rims?

ive added video here : https://www.reddit.com/r/BMW/comment..._breaking_f32/
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 04:00 AM   #2
zeikei
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: F36

My F30 335i had a similar clunk from the front brake pads, they move just a bit in their carrier. If it bothers you change the pads it is not a very expensive experiment. Just make sure you use some good quality pads.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 02:49 AM   #3
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeikei View Post
My F30 335i had a similar clunk from the front brake pads, they move just a bit in their carrier. If it bothers you change the pads it is not a very expensive experiment. Just make sure you use some good quality pads.
1+ on this.

I had this issue with 1 wheel pad on my 2007 e90.
it was my fault to begin with.

I decided to change my own brake pads Rotor and sensors in my Garage (never again)
my issue ended up being that when putting the inside pad into the piston, it is a pushed in hard.
but I just bent the FINS, to make it easier on my hands, and upon first drive, every brake I hear a Clunk, or Clack.

took it in to my mechanic, he reinstalled and said, don't bend the fins next time, they have to be SNUG.

and that solved the issue.
Good luck.

PS: Get Akebono Pads.
no more brake dust.
Appreciate 0