F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > McKenna BMW? Full of scams?
Extreme Powerhouse

11-11-2015, 11:55 AM   #45
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

is mckenna still an authorized vendor here? be interestring to see if they chime in here if so...
      11-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #46
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Shelby GT350

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
is mckenna still an authorized vendor here? be interestring to see if they chime in here if so...
Still an authorized vendor, unfortunately I am only in charge of service per say... I have no control over sales and how they operate, but for the sake of playing the blame game, here's another thread the OP created for clarification...

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1154753

The OP has made several different threads, chimed in on multiple threads, made a Yelp review to get his point across(which is understandable being that he's frustrated)... I will however say this and this only, at the end of the day the OP signed all the lease documents clearly stating that such fee's will be collected at the end of the lease term. For those of you who regularly lease will know that the disposition fee in almost every case is to be paid to BMW.
      11-11-2015, 12:51 PM   #47
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5

typical dealership bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService View Post
Still an authorized vendor, unfortunately I am only in charge of service per say... I have no control over sales and how they operate, but for the sake of playing the blame game, here's another thread the OP created for clarification...

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1154753

The OP has made several different threads, chimed in on multiple threads, made a Yelp review to get his point across(which is understandable being that he's frustrated)... I will however say this and this only, at the end of the day the OP signed all the lease documents clearly stating that such fee's will be collected at the end of the lease term. For those of you who regularly lease will know that the disposition fee in almost every case is to be paid to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #48
ricerx1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

I thought disposition fees weren't charged on lease buy outs? He's buying out the car and selling to his friend.

"Disposition fee- BMW charges $350. Its a fee BMW charges so the dealer can "dispose" of the car (usually prepping/transporting for the next buyer). This fee is waived if you go into another lease or buy a new car through BMWFS, buy the currently leased car, transfer the lease, or sell it (you still need to pay BMWFS what you still owe them).
" from http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1084623
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2015, 02:07 PM   #49
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Melbourne red

Why is my post deleted?
Charlie keeps defending for Hite missing the point
Just because they work together which i think very biased and not fair

Everyone here has right to know about discrepancy to avoid such a trouble

Here is original post, i am trying to be helpful

Hello everyone

I am writing this to be helpful if anyone is planning to visit McKenna, make sure you do not deal with Kevin Hite

I personally dont have anything against McKenna anymore and I hope this will not affect the general idea of McKenna itself

I was dealing with Kevin Hite to sell my 328i to my friend which was coming to the end of lease within 2 weeks

Before I made trip to See Kevin, I asked him if i will be charged for disposition fee for selling my car to my friend. The reason why I asked was because it was not returning a lease but rather selling it to my friend. I was clearly aware that ill be charged for $350 disposition fee at the end of lease But my case was different

He said I WONT be charged for $350 on the phone

So Me and my friend went to Mckenna to finalize the paperwork to transfer the title and stuff. I once again asked Kevin Hite if i will be charged for $350 disposition fee

He said I WONT be charged because I am selling the car before the lease is due

A long story short, I received a bill from BMWFS For disposition fee, so i immediately called Kevin Hite to clarify

His tone and attitude were completely different from the time when I was there with him to sell my car then he said all lease return is entitled to the fee

So I told him that is why i asked several times whether i will be charged or not because my case was different from just returning the car, i also told him in calm tone if it is reasonable for me to pay this fee after he told me consistent answers of i wont be charged
He remained silent and told me he would get back to me right away after talking to bmwfs

After that day, ive never heard his voice
I sent him several emails for updates left voice message a few times

NEVER EVER HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN
Just a email saying he is still working on it after 4 days or so... Can youguys believe this????

I was soooooo disappointed at his conversed attitude towards customer when the problem arose

The money isnt issue here, i would gladly pay for the fee It is just that feelings of betrayal, getting my calls and emailed ignored with something caused by his words

I filed a complain with BMWNA
And i just filed a complain with Better business bureau,state Attorney general, and DMV yesterday with all the proof that I have
It was mainly for his irresponsibility and lies

I strongly believe that he wont be any different when dealing with customers who wants to buy car from him

Save your time and go with other sales person in Mckenna to avoid any possible troubles
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2015, 11:42 PM   #50
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep

I'm guessing the mods are deleting your posts as mckenna is an authorized/paying vendor here...

that's the good/bad of b-post...

either way..hoping nothing else gets deleted so members can make an informed decision with all posts to base it off of...

I'd be surprised if this thread isn't closed or deleted by the morning tho...
      11-12-2015, 09:30 AM   #51
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm guessing the mods are deleting your posts as mckenna is an authorized/paying vendor here...

that's the good/bad of b-post...

either way..hoping nothing else gets deleted so members can make an informed decision with all posts to base it off of...

I'd be surprised if this thread isn't closed or deleted by the morning tho...
Actually quite the opposite, no posts were deleted, check the link to the OP's original thread above, they moved the comments to that thread. There's no logical reason to create multiple threads pertaining to the same cause, like I said the OP is upset and as he should be but there's no sense in creating a second thread and flooding the forum in different sections to get his point across, IMO it's a tad redundant.
      11-12-2015, 10:19 AM   #52
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService View Post
Actually quite the opposite, no posts were deleted, check the link to the OP's original thread above, they moved the comments to that thread. There's no logical reason to create multiple threads pertaining to the same cause, like I said the OP is upset and as he should be but there's no sense in creating a second thread and flooding the forum in different sections to get his point across, IMO it's a tad redundant.
possibly...if that's the case tho I would think the mods would just merge and/or close this thread..since everyone can view the link and jump to the OP...

either way....appreciate you chiming in with your responses...
      11-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #53
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
possibly...if that's the case tho I would think the mods would just merge and/or close this thread..since everyone can view the link and jump to the OP...

either way....appreciate you chiming in with your responses...
That's probably what will end up happening.
      11-13-2015, 11:47 AM   #54
casperM4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

wow this sucks, for sure I'll warn ppl I know to avoid this place
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 09:07 AM   #55
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerx1 View Post
I thought disposition fees weren't charged on lease buy outs? He's buying out the car and selling to his friend.

"Disposition fee- BMW charges $350. Its a fee BMW charges so the dealer can "dispose" of the car (usually prepping/transporting for the next buyer). This fee is waived if you go into another lease or buy a new car through BMWFS, buy the currently leased car, transfer the lease, or sell it (you still need to pay BMWFS what you still owe them).
" from http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1084623
Can anyone clarify this point?

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - Coral Red - M Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 06:36 PM   #56
Tnt123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
I'm also curious on this. Can anyone chime in?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 09:48 PM   #57
CRtoE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Melbourne red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnt123
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
I'm also curious on this. Can anyone chime in?
Hello just as it says, thats where all the problems arose

I was not returning the car to BMW, my car was just there while we finished the paperwork and my friend drove it home

And this is exactly why I asked Kevin if the disposition fee would be waived.... And he said yes several times, even with my friend present

You only pay the disposition fee if you return the lease because the dealership has to prep the car before the trailer picks it up and takes it to the auction
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #58
AWE46M3
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: F82

To OP, not 100% on your situation but most dealers do charge a DOC fee on the retail side of things, for almost everything they do that's paperwork related. even for wholesale, sometimes they even charge me.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 12:42 AM   #59
TMR
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I've had great experience ( 5 cars ) with Noah at McKenna. Charlie Always takes care of my service needs.

Service department at Southbay...... That's another story. Smh...
SOLD E39 M5 Modded, What a great car! www.tmrmzine.com/m5/
Appreciate 1