F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > [SOLD]: Steering Rack repair kit and tool
Studio RSR

06-24-2020, 02:50 AM   #1
Finny
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 540i xDrive

[SOLD]: Steering Rack repair kit and tool

Hi All,

I have a spare steering rack repair kit for f3x and the associated tool required to remove/install it.

Genuine BMW part no. 32 10 6 891 974, brand new, still sealed in box.

The tool is from a reputable company in the UK, photo below.

I ordered the part from the US early in the year but due COVID it only just arrived and in the meantime I found another supplier to provide the part and complete the work.

There are DIYs and plenty of forum threads about the knocking issue associated with these vehicles, I can attest that the repair kit fixed the steering issues in my 435i. You will need some special grease and know-how to complete the job, but it’s not overly challenging.

$100 for both, $60 for part, $40 for tool individually. Postage at buyers expense.
Attached Images

Last edited by Finny; 06-26-2020 at 01:13 AM.. Reason: Item has been sold. Listing can be removed.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 02:40 AM   #2
chet82
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

I can Take it , Please let me the results you had as well , I am in SA so just aus post would be okay .
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 05:31 AM   #3
Finny
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet82 View Post
I can Take it , Please let me the results you had as well , I am in SA so just aus post would be okay .
PM Sent. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 08:58 PM   #4
chet82
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Received , Thanks .
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 12:08 AM   #5
chet82
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Hey mate , I have been trying to get it booked but Indy shops wont accept the part provided . I read an article and it mentions about vibration meter . Could you confirm if that is needed .

I have found someone to do the work but they are concerned about not having Vibration meter.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 08:07 PM   #6
Finny
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet82 View Post
Hey mate , I have been trying to get it booked but Indy shops wont accept the part provided . I read an article and it mentions about vibration meter . Could you confirm if that is needed .

I have found someone to do the work but they are concerned about not having Vibration meter.

Thanks
Hey,

I had the work done at Anthony Costello in Fyshwick (ACT) - they installed the exact same part number. Your indy shop could ask them specifically what they did.

I know in the official BMW instructions some special tools are required (not exactly sure what they are) - however, lots of people on youtube have just installed this in their driveways without anything special other than what I sent you plus some BMW grease.

The reason I purchased the tool was some people had also just tightened their stock rack part with it and that had solved the knocking, at least temporarily.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 1
chet8227.50
      10-13-2020, 02:03 AM   #7
ScoopMc
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny View Post
Hey,

I had the work done at Anthony Costello in Fyshwick (ACT) - they installed the exact same part number. Your indy shop could ask them specifically what they did.

I know in the official BMW instructions some special tools are required (not exactly sure what they are) - however, lots of people on youtube have just installed this in their driveways without anything special other than what I sent you plus some BMW grease.

The reason I purchased the tool was some people had also just tightened their stock rack part with it and that had solved the knocking, at least temporarily.

Hope that helps.
Hi, can you tell me what he charged for the job? I have the same drama. PM please if you don't want to make it public.
Appreciate 0