F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > ☛ MHD Flasher F Series (F2x F3x) discussion ☚
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2020, 12:26 PM   #4225
FastF30
Major
FastF30's Avatar
378
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i xdrive Msport Mbrake
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Middle of the Road

iTrader: (0)

Okay... I played with Virtual Dyno and found the custom car dialog box... I updated it to all the available info I had.. It's pretty accurate now... all runs were done with good timing, full tank,driver weight is included (I just included it in the profile of the car), same stretch of road etc... Very importantly the SAE (DA) has been adjusted for all runs... don't think we can get to much more accurate in comparisons... I did screen shots so you can see all data... included logs below....great comparison for stk Dp/ Fabspeed Dp... That Boostane 95map is no joke... considering when racing the car is in the upper rpm range (5100-6800+/-)... looks like the 95map is gonna finish first...color codes as follows....

Red:..... E20 FBO,Fabspeed Dp, stk turbo
Blue:.... 95map FBO,Fabspeed Dp stk turbo
Green:.. 95map stock Dp/ stk turbo

Here is the dyno run with Smoothing set at 1 which is basically Max Hp

Name:  E20_95_95stockDP.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  295.1 KB

Here is the dyno run with Smoothing set at 6 which is basically the average over the rpm range...

Name:  E20_95_95stockDP_smoothing6.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  291.4 KB

Logs........

https://datazap.me/u/fastf30/log-160...27-28-29-30-31

https://datazap.me/u/fastf30/log-160...og=0&data=3-19

https://datazap.me/u/fastf30/log-157...og=0&data=4-16

P.s. the kick-back on the Red line is the car shifting gears.....

Last edited by FastF30; 10-15-2020 at 01:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #4226
XutvJet
Brigadier General
3125
Rep
3,922
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (-1)

Since turbos compensate a bit for atmospheric conditions like DA, altitude, etc. by running more boost, I caution relying too much on DA calculators to correct for conditions as they are more intended for naturally aspirated motors. Yes, turbos are affected by DA, but not remotely close to that of a naturally aspirated car. Applying a DA calculator could give one false hope.

When I used to avidly drag race, I could see a difference of up to 0.7 seconds and 5mph between racing on a hot and humid 90 degree day (DA hovering in the 5,000' range) vs a cool and crisp 50 degree day (DA in the near sea level range). Same car, same track, same mods, same launch style, same 60 foot, etc. I never drag raced any of my turbo cars, but my friends with modded WRXs and EVOs saw maybe half the difference I did between good DA conditions and poor DA conditions.
__________________
The forest was shrinking, but the Trees kept voting for the Axe, for the Axe was clever and convinced the Trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Last edited by XutvJet; 10-15-2020 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #4227
FastF30
Major
FastF30's Avatar
378
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i xdrive Msport Mbrake
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Middle of the Road

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Since turbos compensate a bit for atmospheric conditions like DA, altitude, etc. by running more boost,
Yes I'm aware of that... Drag Times DA calculator actually has 3 options just for that...
Stock aspirated
Modified aspirated
Forced Induction...

Temperature and humidity mostly affects it me being at sea-level...I'm assuming this to be the most accurate comparison besides being in controlled conditions lab considering the Barometer is pretty much the same.... guess I could figure out a percentage to take more accurate measurement... I'll cross numbers with Drag Times DA and see what the % difference is and adjust numbers accordingly...

Last edited by FastF30; 10-15-2020 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 02:31 PM   #4228
FastF30
Major
FastF30's Avatar
378
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i xdrive Msport Mbrake
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Middle of the Road

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Since turbos compensate a bit for atmospheric conditions like DA, altitude, etc. by running more boost, I caution relying too much on DA calculators to correct for conditions

Okay ran some numbers thru some calculators and difference of -.8% for 95map .... so the Max Hp for 95map is 394whp compared to 397whp

E20 map was +.1% ... so max Hp for E20 map is 405.4whp compared to 405whp

So here is the updated Graphs..... 95map still looking good....

Name:  E20_95_95stockDP_Smooth 1 updated DA_Max Hp.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  299.0 KB

Name:  E20_95_95stockDP_Smooth 6 updated DA_Average Hp.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  297.7 KB

So is it worth it to me to go thru the headache of running E20?.... hmmmm

Last edited by FastF30; 10-15-2020 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #4229
thejeremyman9
Colonel
thejeremyman9's Avatar
1273
Rep
2,594
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 335i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
Okay ran some numbers thru some calculators and difference of -.8% for 95map .... so the Max Hp for 95map is 394whp compared to 397whp

E20 map was +.1% ... so max Hp for E20 map is 405.4whp compared to 405whp

So here is the updated Graphs..... 95map still looking good....

So is it worth it to me to go thru the headache of running E20?.... hmmmm
Have you seen my virtual dyno thread? I went back through all my logs and demonstrated the effect of different tunes and mods on power.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1710794

I would suggest posting there if you want to go deep into a virtual dyno discussion

Ill send you my VD parameters when i get home so you can cross reference with yours. I think i mentioned in my PM but i turned off all correction factors in VD and i would recommend doing the same as XutvJet mentioned. Otherwise you are just getting some positive scaling that may or may not be accurate. Also i find the numbers themselves more or less irrelevant and suggest only using as a tool to calculate the difference between runs (due to mods, etc).
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 03:05 PM   #4230
FastF30
Major
FastF30's Avatar
378
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i xdrive Msport Mbrake
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Middle of the Road

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Have you seen my virtual dyno thread? I went back through all my logs and demonstrated the effect of different tunes and mods on power.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1710794

I would suggest posting there if you want to go deep into a virtual dyno discussion

Ill send you my VD parameters when i get home so you can cross reference with yours. I think i mentioned in my PM but i turned off all correction factors in VD and i would recommend doing the same as XutvJet mentioned. Otherwise you are just getting some positive scaling that may or may not be accurate. Also i find the numbers themselves more or less irrelevant and suggest only using as a tool to calculate the difference between runs (due to mods, etc).
Thanks...got all the info... but didn't see a comparison of the 95map and I just like to do this fun stuff... in the end... might just stick with the 95map unless I upgrade the HPFP since all this mixing thing is not fun... You can over mix Boostane and it won't crash your pump and holds the power better higher rpms...
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2020, 11:17 PM   #4231
thejeremyman9
Colonel
thejeremyman9's Avatar
1273
Rep
2,594
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 335i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
Thanks...got all the info... but didn't see a comparison of the 95map and I just like to do this fun stuff... in the end... might just stick with the 95map unless I upgrade the HPFP since all this mixing thing is not fun... You can over mix Boostane and it won't crash your pump and holds the power better higher rpms...
Here's my VD specs for my car. Yours will be heavier, and tire height may also be different. This does not include cargo/passenger/my weight, i add that in on the main screen.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 12:08 AM   #4232
FastF30
Major
FastF30's Avatar
378
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i xdrive Msport Mbrake
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Middle of the Road

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Here's my VD specs for my car. Yours will be heavier, and tire height may also be different. This does not include cargo/passenger/my weight, i add that in on the main screen.
Thank you very much... all is same except for the D/C (.34) and Frontal area (24.65ftsq)... I used the M3 f80 auto specs that were in VD... figure I have the spoiler on it and now the roof spoiler

I used the weight of the car you gave me in an earlier discussion 3710 I think it was plus everything else... kinda all Dyno'd out right now... lol... Hopefully we can get some good logs from ZM2 plus location and date and we can look up the weather and get a good ballpark of what this new EWG E30 is doing.. very curious... I'll be posting over in your VD thread... just not tonight... got none left in me...I posted here first since this has to do directly with the 95/E20 MHD maps... definitely want to get deeper into this... Thanks for bringing this program to my attention...

P.s. curious what you'll run on a 95map... Probably gonna take a whole 32oz can of Boostane Professional for that 91octane you got out there... Lol...
P.s.s. I ran 12oz per tank on the fabspeed dp graph and 8oz per tank on the stock Dp graph... mixing 93octane... I figure the E20 map was 7oz B/P(just above 1/2 tank) diluted with 2.2gallons corn and rest 93 which put me maxed for the fuel pump... it crashed before it was thoroughly mixed I'm figuring.... I don't know... but it's all good now...

Last edited by FastF30; 10-16-2020 at 01:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 10:46 AM   #4233
thejeremyman9
Colonel
thejeremyman9's Avatar
1273
Rep
2,594
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 335i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
Thank you very much... all is same except for the D/C (.34) and Frontal area (24.65ftsq)... I used the M3 f80 auto specs that were in VD... figure I have the spoiler on it and now the roof spoiler

I used the weight of the car you gave me in an earlier discussion 3710 I think it was plus everything else... kinda all Dyno'd out right now... lol... Hopefully we can get some good logs from ZM2 plus location and date and we can look up the weather and get a good ballpark of what this new EWG E30 is doing.. very curious... I'll be posting over in your VD thread... just not tonight... got none left in me...I posted here first since this has to do directly with the 95/E20 MHD maps... definitely want to get deeper into this... Thanks for bringing this program to my attention...

P.s. curious what you'll run on a 95map... Probably gonna take a whole 32oz can of Boostane Professional for that 91octane you got out there... Lol...
P.s.s. I ran 12oz per tank on the fabspeed dp graph and 8oz per tank on the stock Dp graph... mixing 93octane... I figure the E20 map was 7oz B/P(just above 1/2 tank) diluted with 2.2gallons corn and rest 93 which put me maxed for the fuel pump... it crashed before it was thoroughly mixed I'm figuring.... I don't know... but it's all good now...
FYI putting higher DC and FA is going to increase you HP/TQ readings in VD because it thinks you have more air resistance. So in this case, using those might be giving you a non-conservative estimate, although its probably not as big of an effect as putting in higher weight. I too am running the Msport style front splitter and msport CF trunk spoiler, but didnt try to account for those. If i did, my HP/TQ would probably go up slightly, but as i mentioned before not worried about that just the delta between runs, and my actual #'s look every similar to dyno results that have been posted.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 12:06 PM   #4234
FastF30
Major
FastF30's Avatar
378
Rep
1,279
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i xdrive Msport Mbrake
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Middle of the Road

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
FYI putting higher DC and FA is going to increase you HP/TQ readings in VD because it thinks you have more air resistance. So in this case, using those might be giving you a non-conservative estimate, although its probably not as big of an effect as putting in higher weight. I too am running the Msport style front splitter and msport CF trunk spoiler, but didnt try to account for those. If i did, my HP/TQ would probably go up slightly, but as i mentioned before not worried about that just the delta between runs, and my actual #'s look every similar to dyno results that have been posted.
Yea I understand all that..considering this was on my car and just comparing tunes I wasn't really concerned... good to know yours is similar to actual... that was one question I had... I'll be moving this over to the VD discussion... very very curious about BM3... ran blimmerboke's log (stage2 e30) without changing parameters and there was a significant difference to the point I really need to look into this further considering the difference I compared to one of your E20 log... again didn't change any parameters but the difference was enough to warrant getting more info from both you guys... temp/location etc... etc... moving over to VD thread before this gets to long...

Last edited by FastF30; 10-16-2020 at 12:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
flash, mhd, tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST