F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > How to get LESS negative camber and toe in the rear?
Extreme Powerhouse

01-17-2021, 12:26 PM   #1
DOLO4ly
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

How to get LESS negative camber and toe in the rear?

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I had a rear tire separate completely on my way to work. My car is lowered pretty substantially and I'm not sure what to do. It blew out the inner sidewall, and the tire on the other side looked like it was on its way out too. Fronts were fine and the tires had less than 8k miles on them. I had this alignment spec for probably 1500 Miles before it completely shot my tires.

A few shops have refused to align my car since it's low, and the ones that have tried "can't" and i don't wanna take it back to the place that did this. I have a set of 4 new PS4s tires and i don't wanna destroy them. Every camber kit i see ADDS negative camber and i don't want that, i also need better toe adjustment to get closer to 0. I don't remember the toe but it was way out of spec, and before my tire blew the rear camber was -3.3 and -3.4 after blowing the tire it's -3.9 and -4! My last tech said something about the rear camber being maxed out and if he turns the bolt any more it's gonna add more negative camber. Does anyone have any advice? Or is it time to just raise the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 01:43 PM   #2
SD Convert
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i convertible

Just as a point of reference, an F30 X-Drive is specified as having -1.3 to -1.47 degrees of camber in the rear.

I can't see an extra 2.5 degrees being enough to eat into sidewalls. Perhaps something else is eating them.

If you really want to return to factory camber spec, you'll need to either get shorter lower arms or longer upper arms.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 04:33 PM   #3
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

If you want to stay that low you should get adjustable toe arms. Should be able to get you back to stock toe range. I agree the camber most likely is not the main issue.
Appreciate 0