F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > The New BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo (LCI)
proTUNING Freaks

06-03-2016, 11:54 PM   #89
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz
If success is measured by customer satisfaction the GT is a winner. The majority of posts in the F30/32/36 forum consist of complaints of one sort or another. The vast majority of posts in the F34 forum are from well satisfied owners.
Corolla owners are also a very satisfied bunch. No one is debating the utility of the GT. What people are saying is that BMW is not Toyota and should build vehicles that should stir passion and the senses. The GT just doesn't fit into this.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 02:01 AM   #90
Skald
Private
Hungary
Rep
Drives: '16 F34 320d luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMsport View Post
Corolla owners are also a very satisfied bunch. No one is debating the utility of the GT. What people are saying is that BMW is not Toyota and should build vehicles that should stir passion and the senses. The GT just doesn't fit into this.
Now we are getting somewhere... lol One word: character.

The GT definitely has it, it might not be to your liking but you can't argue with that. Your car also has a very different character, I like the looks of the 4gc but I could not imagine myself in it - It's just not my style.

Feel free to check the GT forum. It's not about "oh my god, I can fit a legion in my trunk" topics, GT owners love their car - the presence, the looks, the feeling and yes, it's all about the senses.

Comparing the gt to a corolla in any way is just absurd - totally. Or are we talking about that the GT is not even a BMW now?

What should bmw build? Perfect machinery with different characteristics and pourpose. Would you tell an artist what to create?

"Hey man, that sunset scenery you painted last time was great, let's stick with that, no need for any other approach"

Really?

Last edited by Skald; 06-04-2016 at 07:43 AM..
Appreciate 6
      06-04-2016, 04:38 AM   #91
Erpicum
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 628csi e24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Yes and it will be exceptional. Slightly longer, more sleeker. A first class environment as per previous model with the luxury and attention to detail of a 7er. It will be launched in just under a year.
it looks like an audi a7 to me (and that is a big compliment for the bmw 5GT). Keep up the new design language, i'm a fan
Appreciate 2
ekwc5.00
      06-04-2016, 06:44 AM   #92
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

Quote:
That's your opinion. For some the GT stirs that passion.
Appreciate 2
      06-04-2016, 07:05 AM   #93
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skald View Post
What should bmw build? Perfect machinery with different characteristics and pourpose. Would you tell an artist what to create?
Some would say stop at the E30 325i, (even after the 2002) no need for any other BMW. Only problem we'd have never got the E46 330i.

My passions were really aroused for BMW with the E28 528i, pleased BMW didn't stop there, or we'd not have seen my E39 wagon, or my present 535i wagon, the best BMW I've owned.

I don't get the hate for certain models, so easy to say "BMW should be this or that", but where would wagons, diesel engines, X models be?

Even the 2002 sedan had a buddy with a 'hatch', in the 2002 tourer. Let's not forget the BMW heritage.
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2016, 07:52 AM   #94
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
If success is measured by customer satisfaction the GT is a winner. The majority of posts in the F30/32/36 forum consist of complaints of one sort or another. The vast majority of posts in the F34 forum are from well satisfied owners.
I like to think of the 3er GT as well as the 5er GT as anti-SUVs.
They can be specified with xDrive. Have a semi-commanding driving position,
Have exceptional rear leg room and overall passenger and luggage space.
And it can be specified as luxurious or as sporting as you desire.
I understand its popularity with its customers as it fulfils many different roles.
      06-04-2016, 09:03 AM   #95
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
+1. A Corolla, or more appropriately a Venza, it ain't. Performance and practicality need not be mutually exclusive. The GT is exactly what I want in a car. If it's not your cup of tea don't presume that it's not someone else's based on your preferences and prejudices.
Appreciate 3
      06-04-2016, 10:07 AM   #96
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006
Quote:
No that is not just my opinion that is the opinion of the enthusiast community of journalists and in general.
The only forum that is praising the GT cars are the GT forum while rest of the forums think it is butt ugly etc.
The journalist definitely think it is not good looking and the general consensus in population think it is ugly. Walk down any street and ask 10 people and I am willing to bet the negative answers will beat the positive if you are to ask about the design look of the vehicle.
I am not saying it is a Toyota but just saying Toyota owners also love their vehicles but that doesn't mean that it is a car that has passion in its DNA.
If I lived in Europe or asia and I had a family I might actually buy one since it does have more room than a traditional sedan and handles better than a SUV but since I live in North America I am able to buy SUV for roominess and sedan or sports car for driving around town. So I do see the utility of the GT just like most people, but just don't love the design of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 10:33 AM   #97
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The only forum that is praising the GT cars are the GT forum.
Those are the only opinions that count. In my opinion, of course.
Quote:
but since I live in North America I am able to buy SUV for roominess and sedan or sports car for driving around town.
Good for you. Not all of us want or need two vehicles, especially when we've found the one that will do it all.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #98
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82M/S213 E450 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
I like to think of the 3er GT as well as the 5er GT as anti-SUVs.
They can be specified with xDrive. Have a semi-commanding driving position,
Have exceptional rear leg room and overall passenger and luggage space.
And it can be specified as luxurious or as sporting as you desire.
I understand its popularity with its customers as it fulfils many different roles.
Sorry but the anti-suv are the F31 and F11 the anti-X3 and X5. The GT are probably closer to the anti-X4 and X6 which aren't suv really.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #99
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

Quote:
No that is not just my opinion that is the opinion of the enthusiast community of journalists and in general.
The only forum that is praising the GT cars are the GT forum while rest of the forums think it is butt ugly etc.
The journalist definitely think it is not good looking and the general consensus in population think it is ugly. Walk down any street and ask 10 people and I am willing to bet the negative answers will beat the positive if you are to ask about the design look of the vehicle.
I am not saying it is a Toyota but just saying Toyota owners also love their vehicles but that doesn't mean that it is a car that has passion in its DNA.
If I lived in Europe or asia and I had a family I might actually buy one since it does have more room than a traditional sedan and handles better than a SUV but since I live in North America I am able to buy SUV for roominess and sedan or sports car for driving around town. So I do see the utility of the GT just like most people, but just don't love the design of it.
So the 'enthusiasts' and journalists are the be all end all.....

Some might think your GC is butt ugly
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #100
Skald
Private
Hungary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
+1
I rest my case
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 02:18 PM   #101
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Comparing the gt to a corolla in any way is just absurd - totally. Or are we talking about that the GT is not even a BMW now?
That was not a comparison mister, it was an analogy. Total different nuances, it seems that you didn't get his point.
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #102
Skald
Private
Hungary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
That was not a comparison mister, it was an analogy. Total different nuances, it seems that you didn't get his point.
Dear Sir,

I think I got that right - that analogy was turned into a comparison with the second part - "What people are saying is that BMW is not Toyota and should build vehicles that should stir passion and the senses." So bmw shouldn't build GT since it's as common and grey as a Corolla from that point of view that's why I wrote no comparisons please in any way.

I don't want to justify the existence of the GT, I don't think it's needed at all. Claiming nonsense as a fact what bothers me the most and I mean no offense with this. It's just so boring that a simple "different cup of tea" is not enough for many people it just has to be an insult. Always the same song, sometimes with different lyrics.

"Why are they still making these?"
"Ugly hatchback."
"Yicch! I still can't understand why this thing deserves to exist."
"still ugly and useless" - That's my favourite
"Dislike...massive dislike..." This one is quite sophisticated.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #103
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

I despise the GT. But I don't care if someone else loves it, maybe they hate my sedan, whatever.

People are so up in arms about BMW giving people options. Buy the vehicle you want and shut up.

Last edited by Pauleebe; 06-04-2016 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 3
      06-04-2016, 04:59 PM   #104
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006
Quote:

Some might think your GC is butt ugly
Amazing how some people just don't get it. Did I say because the enthusiast or journalists are be all and end all. Nope. What I was pointing out is called general consensus. For you this means that NOT EVERYONE thinks the GT is ugly. It does NOT mean absolutely a fact that the GT is vugly. What it does mean though is that more people is going to say it is ugly since it is the general consensus. That is a fact like it or not. If you think your GT is beautiful great but that is not the general consensus. When I say it is ugly what I am saying is the general consensus is that it is ugly and I was using the different forums, the enthusiasts, and journalists to back up the general consensus.
If you think my GC is ugly great doesn't bother me one single bit, but if you want I am willing to bet you that if you set up a poll in different forums which one is better looking design wise the GC will come out ahead.
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2016, 05:05 PM   #105
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus
Quote:
Thank you exactly.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #106
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skald
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Dear Sir,

I think I got that right - that analogy was turned into a comparison with the second part - "What people are saying is that BMW is not Toyota and should build vehicles that should stir passion and the senses." So bmw shouldn't build GT since it's as common and grey as a Corolla from that point of view that's why I wrote no comparisons please in any way.

I don't want to justify the existence of the GT, I don't think it's needed at all. Claiming nonsense as a fact what bothers me the most and I mean no offense with this. It's just so boring that a simple "different cup of tea" is not enough for many people it just has to be an insult. Always the same song, sometimes with different lyrics.

"Why are they still making these?"
"Ugly hatchback."
"Yicch! I still can't understand why this thing deserves to exist."
"still ugly and useless" - That's my favourite
"Dislike...massive dislike..." This one is quite sophisticated.
Why is it an insult? That is other people's opinion. You like it they don't. Just like you like your GT and and find my GC ugly. So what. Is it because there is more negativity and positive? Ahhh general consensus is a bitch. Lol
No seriously all that matters is you like your car am I correct?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 06:31 PM   #107
Skald
Private
Hungary
Rep

Quote:
Why is it an insult? That is other people's opinion. You like it they don't. Just like you like your GT and and find my GC ugly. So what. Is it because there is more negativity and positive? Ahhh general consensus is a bitch. Lol
I have no problem with other opinions at all- that's why we have a forum here. You can express yourself in many ways I just think many people chooses a terrible attitude to do so. Hell I was a Saab guy for many years, I don't give a crap about general consensus - some guy still think that OG Saabs are lawnmowers...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 06:57 PM   #108
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skald
Quote:
I have no problem with other opinions at all- that's why we have a forum here. You can express yourself in many ways I just think many people chooses a terrible attitude to do so. Hell I was a Saab guy for many years, I don't give a crap about general consensus - some guy still think that OG Saabs are lawnmowers...
Ahhh I see you like oddball cars. That explains everything.
I kid.
Anyways enjoy your Car.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 09:35 PM   #109
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

All I can say is that if you think this is ugly you need to visit either an optometrist or a psychiatrist, or both, because you're either blind or crazy. Or both.
Appreciate 9
      06-04-2016, 09:56 PM   #110
steerme
Rep
Drives: BMW

great

It's a great car. See my recently posted review.
Appreciate 1