F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F20/F30 Carplay coding questions
Extreme Powerhouse

11-19-2018, 08:26 AM   #1
yuseo
Registered
Belgium
Rep
Drives: f31 320D LCI

F20/F30 Carplay coding questions

hello everyone, new member here !

I am currently researching about the apple carplay being retrofitted/installed in F30's and F20's.

So the thing is that a local business not far from me is doing this in CIC and NBT HU's (mainly the non-nav HU and the small, entrynav HU) all for a relatively good price; well at least cheaper than having to buy an aftermarket MMI system (+300.00$).

My questions here are:

1. Is this possible withouth adding any hardware such as the WLAN Antenna, a new HU, etc. and make the USB connection sufficient for carplay?

2. Are FSC Codes needed for this ?

3. how does one manage to retrofit the app itself in their BMW (considering the process is as OEM as it can get ?

I'm still kind of baffled as of how this person managed to install apple carplay in older systems. After 12/2016 I know that carplay is a subscription based service and that FSC Codes are needed. But what about the older systems ? (before ID5/ID6)

Thank you very much in advance ! I'm always open to learn something new so any criticism will be seen as a lesson.
Appreciate 0