F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Best remap for 335d
ARMA SPEED

09-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #45
Ajs_435d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 435d m sport m performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by F36 435d View Post
Small Figure BHP gains with fake cheap intercoolers not the real thing. Strange how all the genuine Wagner ones ive seen and researched into have made 15-20 bhp. Infact the blue 335d were making a consistent 410 BHP and it reached a highest point of 417 bhp when i spoke to the owner about it.

Im glad the guy who bought it after months of you trying to sell it is happy.
My 4 series was probably built in the same factory as a 3 series, doesn't make it a 3 series though. If a dog was born in a stable it doesn't make it a horse.

Post 37 you will see the graphs. One for before, one for after.

Maybe nobody did get them results at SRR but i guess none of them got theres remapped at Unicorn Motor Developments like i did and wanted a strong map and not capped at 700nm.

I guess you dont believe the figure of 395 bhp quoted by DMS as well ?

Guess you dont believe this is running 800nm too ? or do you ?

But yes i do believe the figures and i am happy
Wheres the research then on F series x35d's? I'm happy to be proven wrong with before and afters.

Eh?! It has the same engine code and same drive train, how is it different!? Horse/Dog what the hell are you on about? - sounds like your quoting an old Bernard Manning joke .

Oh I believe your figures they probably do 'on that dyno'

Yes and wheres the before and after figures?, besides that car is guys on here look at the n57 forum it has a high flow pump from a 550d so can make those figures! and it still has less torque than yours!

No that's a random graph with no attachment to your car, you really haven't grasped the question have you?, before and after on the same graph! or shall i say your 'dads' car.

Its not just me who doubts your figures on here, you just have to look at the thread and with that i bode you well. One things for sure your figures are as rare as unicorn
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 03:27 PM   #46
Sullym6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not got it yet

Going off topic, it doesn?t matter about final figure as long as the owner is happy with the performance and associated risks.

Took the bluespark off today (look out for it in classifieds) as decided will be getting a remap. It?s a choice between dms and Avon I think

Sully
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 03:32 PM   #47
F36 435d
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Individual Speed Yellow 435d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajs_435d View Post
Quote:
Small Figure BHP gains with fake cheap intercoolers not the real thing. Strange how all the genuine Wagner ones ive seen and researched into have made 15-20 bhp. Infact the blue 335d were making a consistent 410 BHP and it reached a highest point of 417 bhp when i spoke to the owner about it.

My 4 series was probably built in the same factory as a 3 series, doesn't make it a 3 series though. If a dog was born in a stable it doesn't make it a horse.

Maybe nobody did get them results at SRR but i guess none of them got theres remapped at Unicorn Motor Developments like i did and wanted a strong map and not capped at 700nm.

Wheres the research then on F series x35d's? I'm happy to be proven wrong with before and afters.

Eh?! It has the same engine code and same drive train, how is it different!? Horse/Dog what the hell are you on about? - sounds like your quoting an old Bernard Manning joke .

Oh I believe your figures they probably do 'on that dyno'

Yes and wheres the before and after figures?, besides that car is guys on here look at the n57 forum it has a high flow pump from a 550d so can make those figures! and it still has less torque than yours!

No that's a random graph with no attachment to your car, you really haven't grasped the question have you?, before and after on the same graph! or shall i say your 'dads' car.

Its not just me who doubts your figures on here, you just have to look at the thread and with that i bode you well. One things for sure your figures are as rare as unicorn
You are one complete an utter idiot :

Can't even be bothered wasting my time on you.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 03:34 PM   #48
F36 435d
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Individual Speed Yellow 435d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullym6 View Post
Going off topic, it doesn?t matter about final figure as long as the owner is happy with the performance and associated risks.

Took the bluespark off today (look out for it in classifieds) as decided will be getting a remap. It?s a choice between dms and Avon I think

Sully
Exactly ! And I have heard good things from both of them buddy I think you will be happy with whichever you decide on Keep us updated.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 03:41 PM   #49
Ajs_435d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I rest my case . If all else fails.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 03:43 PM   #50
Ajs_435d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Sully
Go unicorn you'll easily get 400 bhp...

I don't think you'll go wrong with either of them to be honest. Custom is a key.
Appreciate 1
Sullym6133.00
      09-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #51
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:

DMS do quote 395bhp as you point out, but they also quote 760nm torque which is 104 less than your dyno graph shows for your car.

I'll humour you and suppose for a second that figure was correct ..Can I ask why you would want to push that much low end torque putting such pressure on the drivetrain every time you do use the power? I would certainly want that peak torque lowered abit if I intended keeping the car a few years. A flatter torque curve keeping the max power higher up the rev range with a more sensible lower end torque peak like DMS offer would be more sympathic on the drivetrain components generally.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #52
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:

Sully
If you don't mind the premium price I would probably go the DMS route
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 05:52 PM   #53
McBeemer
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 335d Xd MSport Touring

Quote:

Can't even be bothered wasting my time on you.
...... But you are going to anyway !!

This is total handbags stuff, although it's entertaining to observe.

I personally don't see the desire or need to boldly advertise your BHP & Nm figures, like some gold bling. Your car is nice though!

Firstly in my opinion demonstrates a lack of class and secondly, what does it really prove?

Most people are here to gather and share information with a view to getting their car to an optimum performance/reliability level, hence the topic "Best remap for 335d"

But of course, some may wish to appear superior

Gone: 2015 F31 320d M Sport Xdrive Auto
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2017, 03:17 AM   #54
KCH1984
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y LR

Quote:

Sully
Both the Avon and MoreBHP remaps at the Surrey RR showed appreciable gains and a much better set of curves (let's forget about headline figures) with torque spread across the rev range when compared to the BS box on the 35d engine.

Not doubting DMS being a quality product with good after sales support, but I'd go for one of the above if close to you as they both get an extremely good rep from others on here.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 03:23 AM   #55
Sullym6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not got it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCH1984 View Post
Quote:

Sully
Both the Avon and MoreBHP remaps at the Surrey RR showed appreciable gains and a much better set of curves (let's forget about headline figures) with torque spread across the rev range when compared to the BS box on the 35d engine.

Not doubting DMS being a quality product with good after sales support, but I'd go for one of the above if close to you as they both get an extremely good rep from others on here.
Neither are close as I am in Manchester but I guess it will make an interesting drive back
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 04:10 AM   #56
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Quote:

Sully
Knowing how anal Darth Helmut is with his car and its performance/datum runs/dials/charts/drivability/conversion factors etc etc etc I would go with Avon.

They are not as fancy as DMS I would imagine but the results they achieved were impressive. The torque curve is flat across the range which is just what you want. Its also stunning when actually driving it.

£400 v £800

Who needs a fancy waiting room and a big media spend when all you really want is the perfect re-map.
Appreciate 1
Sullym6133.00
      09-15-2017, 04:14 AM   #57
KCH1984
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y LR

Quote:
Neither are close as I am in Manchester but I guess it will make an interesting drive back
Dervtech are close to you - chat of them on the forum previously and looks like the will do you before and afters runs. Again maybe reading slightly higher than some, but it's your delta that matters:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...php?p=21814779
      09-15-2017, 04:47 AM   #58
Ajs_435d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The closest for you is dervtech I believe in Manchester or morebhp in crewe, both are custom. I'm not sure of the price of dervtech but morebhp are circa 400.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 07:30 AM   #59
matty81
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I was undecided with who to go with at first, DMS price but me off, but at they did a bank holiday offer I thought fcuk it, was worth every penny though, they got 433bhp out of my 335i with mppk, I'm not sure some other tuners would have got that, half of the ones I called just quoted 'an extra 60bhp' but DMS work with the fact you have the mppk and build on top of that, the guy who did it was really nice and helpful too, showed me all the nice cars they had there and spoke to me the whole time he was doing my car, even got a quick spin in a 750bhp 911 turbo from one of his customers which really made the day worth it! I wouldn't hesitate in using them again
Appreciate 1
Sullym6133.00
      06-26-2018, 11:36 AM   #60
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Helmut View Post
Yes, thanks JLR1969.

I got mine done at Avon Tuning just outside Bristol but from what I gather, they utilise the (err someone help me out please!) profile software. Very knowledgeable chaps and gave me tons of reassurance on how they tackle the job and what it entails. Very important to me as the car is only 1 year old.

I went from a Bluespark Pro + Boost to the remap. The figures Avon quoted are pretty much spot on to what I saw on the RR on Saturday but the thing that really pleased me was the curve profiles of both torque and bhp. They quoted 360bhp/700Nm and my results were 367/705. Apart from the headline figures, the way it drives is epic. So much pull all the way through. The mid range is very good indeed. And being a child, the 0-60 time makes me giggle like a kid (3.89 secs)

If you are planning to jump to a remap, do exactly as you are doing now and do plenty of research. There are always pros and cons and there are always the occasional horror stories from one particular map option or another. One thing I decided on was not the ultimate headline figure (other remaps would offer me more power or torque) but the confidence, reputation and reviews various tuners have. A couple of mates has theirs done at Avon and were very happy with the work. Dont be afraid to probe, cross examine and downright annoy whoever you choose to do it. If they are good, they will want to tell you as much as they can and should be able to.

I guess the bottom line is budget/need/expectation. If you can answer those three points to yourself, you will find the right tuning option.
They took care of mine. The car feels much better. EGR delete. MPG has gone up around 5mpg. I thought about it and put it off for a while. I have access to other cars via work but then felt life is short. May as well map it. Plus it is true Darth is quite anal with his car so I know it has been well researched. On the RR it made around 365.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 04:19 AM   #61
Andrewsayer22
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 335d touring

Celtic Tuning remap

Hi all
Has anyone had a remap done by Celtic tuning? They are half the price of DMS and offer the same performance figures!!
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 05:05 AM   #62
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewsayer22 View Post
Hi all
Has anyone had a remap done by Celtic tuning? They are half the price of DMS and offer the same performance figures!!
Thanks
Yes posted about it quite a few times. Well, its a Celtic map from one of their local resellers, was just over 300 quid. Been on for over a year now.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 06:22 AM   #63
Johnleverton
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435d

Hi all I've recently been looking at who really is best for remapping our lovely cars that we cherish so much. But I still can't find the perfect one cause there's so many great tuners out there and if I'm honest there not a lot of difference between the power that they all give. So I've decided to go with dervtec in Manchester. Chris is very knowledgeable and he said he has been putting a lot of work into the 335d and 435d or n57 engines. I've kinda gone the whole hog with my car change exhaust system deleted everything I can. I've changed the turbos and the diesel pump to a 550d and put csf intercooler on there. I'm posting this so I can help others who also would like to go down this route. The sad thing about it is when I put back my down pipe I for got to put back on the gasket and when we got it on the dyno I only managed two runs then I notice oil was leaking so we called it a day. The oil leak was a return pipe from turbo so nothing major but we did manage to achieve 471bhp and we 700nm of these two run and we only put 2.4 bar of pressure through turbo they don't wake up till 3 so good things still to come hopefully. 🤞🏻💪🏻😀
Attached Images

Appreciate 0