F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > BMW connected info..
Extreme Powerhouse

08-19-2019, 01:24 PM   #1
hudson012003
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i Msport Tanzanite blue

BMW connected info..

just a quick heads-up for anyone else suddenly having issues with the connecteddrive app. Long story short wife took dibs on the car this a.m. so I was relegated too the train this morning. Checked on the app midday to make sure she got where she was going & app showed car still at home but it showed unlocked at 10.26.a.m. Texted her asking why she hadn't left home & she said she had left & was at friends 20+miles away.

Wife texted when leaving this afternoon & app showed car unlocked when she left but still showed car at home. She then called at her parents etc & each time it showed locked / unlocked etc but always at home.

Spoke with BMW connected drive just now as car 3-years mid-Sept'19 so bothered they were cancelling services already.. - guy I spoke with said there were issues with the 'old app'.. Told me to delete the old app (iPhone) & then go to the app store & type in BMW connected drive & new app will be available = it's the same app!! ..

Anyway, all now seems to be working as before (including remote lock / unlock & headlight-flash). Not sure why the 'new app' just couldn't have just been the old app with a simple update rather than delete & reinstall..
Appreciate 0