F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > 2019 F33 order with 2018 Dec delivery
Studio RSR

08-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #1
ValleyBMWs
SoCal SFV BMW Enthusiast Group "No Drama We Drive"
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i xDrive F33 MPerf

Smile 2019 F33 order with 2018 Dec delivery

Moving from Audi A4 6cyl quattro Cabriolet to Convertible BMW 440i xDrive w/M Performance. I’m a Cali owner that is use to summer cruising and winter snowboarding.

Working with local BMW dealer to have my car delivered mid-December which would give me the chance to take advantage of any end of year sales Confused on the port install vs dealer install and BMW's high price for exhaust parts. Quoted 4k for M Performance Exhaust and Sound Kit; Still waiting on price for M4 tri-color seat belts (Black thread with Red, Blue stitching); Trailer hitch for bike rack. I would like to have it all installed prior to picking it up.

My thoughts, if everything is done prior to customer delivery and listed on invoice then the warranty and options will bring a high price tag when I sell the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 05:40 AM   #2
silvercas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: One

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienXF33 View Post
Moving from Audi A4 6cyl quattro Cabriolet to Convertible BMW 440i xDrive w/M Performance. I’m a Cali owner that is use to summer cruising and winter snowboarding.

Working with local BMW dealer to have my car delivered mid-December which would give me the chance to take advantage of any end of year sales Confused on the port install vs dealer install and BMW's high price for exhaust parts. Quoted 4k for M Performance Exhaust and Sound Kit; Still waiting on price for M4 tri-color seat belts (Black thread with Red, Blue stitching); Trailer hitch for bike rack. I would like to have it all installed prior to picking it up.

My thoughts, if everything is done prior to customer delivery and listed on invoice then the warranty and options will bring a high price tag when I sell the car.
if you search the forum youll find the pricing for port installed (installed when car arrives state side) MPPK
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 09:07 PM   #3
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienXF33 View Post

Port installed options are on the Monroney (sticker) and are basically considered like a part of the car from the factory. For a lease, they can be residualized (added to the residual) so that you only end up paying for part of it like you are paying for part of the car.

Same option installed by the dealer is NOT on the monroney sticker, and is NOT residualized, meaning you pay for the entire price of the option on a lease but can add it to the deal.

on a purchase its not much different, because you are technically signing up to pay for all of it anyway. On a lease is MUCH different, because if you have a 60% residual on a part that is 3000, you will only end up paying 1800 for that part over the life of the lease. If that same part is dealer installed, you will pay for the entire 3k over the life of the lease.

On your statement of "those options will bring a high price when you go to sell it".. well, in my experience options bring very little extra value when selling a car, even high priced options. Maybe your experience is different, but at least with BMW I would not plan on your options making much difference when you sell the car, ESPECIALLY specific options like multi colored seat belts.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 02:17 PM   #4
ValleyBMWs
SoCal SFV BMW Enthusiast Group "No Drama We Drive"
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i xDrive F33 MPerf

jjrandorin Thanks for the very insightful responds!
Appreciate 0