F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > External mirror housing failure
proTUNING Freaks

07-15-2015, 03:52 PM   #23
Proftinkerpot
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport -Superman

Can we ask how much the dealer charged you? I think like others, it's outrageous you were asked to pay anything given the state of the fatigue which is evident in the photos.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #24
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
That's just pants.

No way did that happen in 3 weeks post warranty expiry. That's obviously been rotting away for some time.

Did they give you the old parts back so you can pursue further ???
      07-16-2015, 01:03 AM   #25
Doc943
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d SE

The repair cost me £278. Dealer explained that a warranty claim must fixed within 3 years even if the fault existed before the 3 years is up. Warranty info on the BMW web site isn't that specific but the small print might be. Also, corrosion warranty only applies to panels and frame, so I'm told by the dealer.

It seems it's all about who's gonna lose money and between BMW and its authorised dealer, it might as well be me. :-(

I don't have the old part but will consider a call to BMW to discuss.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 01:25 AM   #26
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc943 View Post
The repair cost me £278. Dealer explained that a warranty claim must fixed within 3 years even if the fault existed before the 3 years is up. Warranty info on the BMW web site isn't that specific but the small print might be. Also, corrosion warranty only applies to panels and frame, so I'm told by the dealer.

It seems it's all about who's gonna lose money and between BMW and its authorised dealer, it might as well be me. :-(

Lol sorry warranty does not work like that.

You buy a PC from PC world, it fails say 2 days from end of warranty.

You contact PC world, they send round a collection vehicle.

It goes into their RMA system.

They will honour it, as reported within time frame.

As soon as you report the issue and have knowledge net from the supplier.

Imagine having an Engine issue, you take it in, however as they are busy, they don't look at your car for 2 days, or waiting for part.

No one would be happy if they used explanation provided, sorry sir we waited for a bit from Germany and it took a week to get here, or we sent part back for investigation and it took 2 weeks, you have to pay full price...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 03:38 AM   #27
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT

It's now up to the supplier to prove that the goods were not faulty so in this case it's quite clearly a defect that has been present well within the warranty period so should be covered.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 03:43 AM   #28
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc943 View Post

Theres no way I would have accepted that. Plenty of time BMW or any manufacturer would admit its an issue and being so close to the end of the warranty would likely cover it as goodwill.

They must love people like you that want to save them all money with your own, I wouldn't be considering a call to BMW UK, I'd have been on the phone yesterday and not giving up till it was resolved. The longer you leave it the more likelihood of not getting it resolved to your satisfaction.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 07:20 AM   #29
Doc943
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d SE

I complained directly to BMW. They spoke with the dealer. The dealer maintains that it is not a manufacturing fault. BMW have supported the dealer on this matter. End of :-(
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #30
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Well that's absolute bollocks. Its obviously not fit for the purpose and corroded away!

Surprised and disappointed by BMW on this.
Appreciate 0