F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > How to remove fan blower
proTUNING Freaks

06-25-2016, 01:35 PM   #1
txrisk27
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Luxury

How to remove fan blower?

My ACs making a terrible grinding noise at high speeds as reported here on the forums a lot. I opened up the hood and reached to blower today and cleaned out a few twigs and leaves but when I started the AC back up the sound still remained. I'm beginning to think the bearings on the fan are going out

Is there an easy way to pull the fan out and either clean it or replace it or Is it something I should leave to my mechanic?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 04:58 PM   #2
mr_kay
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrisk27 View Post
My ACs making a terrible grinding noise at high speeds as reported here on the forums a lot. I opened up the hood and reached to blower today and cleaned out a few twigs and leaves but when I started the AC back up the sound still remained. I'm beginning to think the bearings on the fan are going out

Is there an easy way to pull the fan out and either clean it or replace it or Is it something I should leave to my mechanic?
It's located inside the car on the underside of the glove box, in the passenger footwell. Forget how many screws there are to remove but its only a handful and then the panel drops down. Make sure you're removing the panel screws and not the airbag screws. There are pictures and instructions in the same thread about the leaves getting into the blower you're mentioning
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 02:13 AM   #3
txrisk27
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_kay
Quote:
Originally Posted by txrisk27 View Post

It's located inside the car on the underside of the glove box, in the passenger footwell. Forget how many screws there are to remove but its only a handful and then the panel drops down. Make sure you're removing the panel screws and not the airbag screws. There are pictures and instructions in the same thread about the leaves getting into the blower you're mentioning
You think you could link that thread? I looked at a couple but haven't seen one where somebody actually tears into their dash.
Appreciate 0