F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MPE installed finally!
GetBMWParts

01-04-2020, 04:10 PM   #45
Tpriest7893
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i f30 N55 ( sold)

Garage List
  [0.00]
2012 bmw 335  [0.00]
02 2002 m3 Vert  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpriest7893 View Post
I have a warranty on mine man and they have given me no issues with upgraded intake intercooler and down pipe and even charge pipe. but yeah I'm trying to figure out what I want, i have seen a few MPE go for great prices and stuff. I don't wanna spend much for a damm axel back
Do you have a tune on it? I'm just being cautious as the dealers are known to create issues when something goes wrong. New MPE is going for $850 to $900 on eBay, from BMW dealers. You can get it installed for less than $100 at some indy or muffler shop, I'd have done it myself if I had a proper jack and jack stands. My next mod is definitely gonna be suspension, likely Bilstein shocks + Eibach springs, waiting for the summer to do it.
Yeah I hear ya. Every now and then I see one in here for 5-600. And no tune. I'm going to do MHD. I'm going in for a valve cover leak and 2 electrical issues next week. I have 800 miles left on warranty. Once it's done I'm tuning, I have been waiting because that's usually the one that throws the dealer off
Stock intake(had open before and was sick of noise)
BMS CP
550i 351m rims with 275/245 set up.
No tune as of yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 04:16 PM   #46
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Yeah I hear ya. Every now and then I see one in here for 5-600. And no tune. I'm going to do MHD. I'm going in for a valve cover leak and 2 electrical issues next week. I have 800 miles left on warranty. Once it's done I'm tuning, I have been waiting because that's usually the one that throws the dealer off
MHD or BM3 is the way to go, I think even Dinan is working on a flash tune, not sure though. I still have two years of waiting to do However, my next mod is definitely going to be suspension, can't wait two years for that, likely Bilstein shocks + Eibach springs, should not impact warranty, waiting for the summer to do it, F32 suspension does seem a bit better than my previous F30, maybe because it sits lower, still a lot of room for improvement, also the xDrive front wheel gap is driving me crazy.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2020, 04:49 PM   #47
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Thanks man! Really appreciate it. I think I'll give it another try with claybar on a warm day and even use a hair dryer to warm it up even more, I did use the 3M promoter on the spoiler side and that side didn't have any problem, didn't want to damage the paint by applying it on the trunk. It did sit perfectly with the tape, just that it started lifting one one side the next day. And are you sure that's the tape you used, I'll order the same then.
I am 100% sure that is the tape i used, i checked my amazon order history.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 04:57 PM   #48
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Do you have a tune on it? I'm just being cautious as the dealers are known to create issues when something goes wrong. New MPE is going for $850 to $900 on eBay, from BMW dealers. You can get it installed for less than $100 at some indy or muffler shop, I'd have done it myself if I had a proper jack and jack stands. My next mod is definitely gonna be suspension, likely Bilstein shocks + Eibach springs, waiting for the summer to do it.
I decided to tune and install IC, CP, and DP with 1 year left on my CPO warranty. In an absolute worse case scenario i would remove mods and unstall tune/relock DME, although generally people say the tune is still detectable and BMW may reject warranty claim if it is something serious.

Let me put it this way though - if you mod/tune after your warranty is up, you have a 0% chance of getting anything covered. If you mod/tune when still in warranty, at least you have a chance of something being covered...

Also, just because you mod/tune doesnt mean your warranty is completely gone, BMW would need to show that the mod/tune caused the issue. So for example if something completely unrelated to engine/drivetrain needs fixed, there should be no issue if you are tuned/modded.

Not saying you should tune if it will make you uncomfortable while still in warranty, just throwing in my 2c and experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 06:04 PM   #49
Tpriest7893
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i f30 N55 ( sold)

Garage List
  [0.00]
2012 bmw 335  [0.00]
02 2002 m3 Vert  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
I decided to tune and install IC, CP, and DP with 1 year left on my CPO warranty. In an absolute worse case scenario i would remove mods and unstall tune/relock DME, although generally people say the tune is still detectable and BMW may reject warranty claim if it is something serious.

Let me put it this way though - if you mod/tune after your warranty is up, you have a 0% chance of getting anything covered. If you mod/tune when still in warranty, at least you have a chance of something being covered...

Also, just because you mod/tune doesnt mean your warranty is completely gone, BMW would need to show that the mod/tune caused the issue. So for example if something completely unrelated to engine/drivetrain needs fixed, there should be no issue if you are tuned/modded.

Not saying you should tune if it will make you uncomfortable while still in warranty, just throwing in my 2c and experience.
It all depends on the manager working at the dealer haha, are they in a good mood or bad mood lol
Stock intake(had open before and was sick of noise)
BMS CP
550i 351m rims with 275/245 set up.
No tune as of yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 04:54 PM   #50
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
It all depends on the manager working at the dealer haha, are they in a good mood or bad mood lol
I just don't want any extra/huge expenses for the next two years, will only do shocks + springs and probably MPPK for now, which will not impact the warranty BM3/MHD is pretty tempting, along with a few bolt-ons N55 becomes really fast and fun!
Appreciate 0