F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N20 Boost leak? Vacuum activated cutout.
ARMA SPEED

04-01-2022, 01:08 PM   #1
MagDag54
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328Xdrive

N20 Boost leak? Vacuum activated cutout.

I have installed a vacuum activated cutout from ECS tuning. I have an issue with it opening. It is connected through boost tap on the MAP sensor. The issue is that it doesn't open on idle nor doesn't open fully while revving the car. In order to open the cutout fully I need to get on the highway and floor the car few times.
After some testing, we figured out that there is no leaks in the cutout system nor in the connection with the map sensor. For some reason, there is no vacuum at all on idle or a very little. Tried connecting a boost gauge to test it out and it stays on zero, doesn't go into negative as it supposed to on idle.
I don't have any error codes or check engine lights coming up. Furthermore, when opening a oil cap on the engine running, there is no suction at all. Could it be a PCV issue?
Appreciate 0