F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding for performance !
Studio RSR

11-20-2015, 01:56 AM   #1
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Coding for performance !

I know it's a nob and i know the answer but some people claimed to do something in coding and acceleration is improved !!!! what's worse the clients say there is an effect :/

seriously people why would you believe something like that.. i saw coding before for the performance in fem-body. first it was in max, second it gave me CEL.
      11-21-2015, 02:31 AM   #2
jaddie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue M4 Comp

I am slightly confused by this post.. what are you saying here?

You've had the car coded to somehow improve performance, and want to know how or what?

Or that you've had it done and want to reverse it now because its causing issues at random?

Current: F82 M4 Comp '19
Previous: F36 440i M Sport '18
Previous: F32 430d xDrive M Sport '15
Previous: F30 320d M Sport '14 & E81 118d M Sport '09
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddie View Post
I am slightly confused by this post.. what are you saying here?

You've had the car coded to somehow improve performance, and want to know how or what?

Or that you've had it done and want to reverse it now because its causing issues at random?
Noo no, when i was cha m coding something in fem_body i saw something had to do with performance I've changed it but it gave me CEL, then this guy on F30 facebook page claims he does same without even using E-sys and no CEL.. I'm saying could this be possible to code out performance without giving CEL ?!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #4
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Since mockery is what being used instead of providing information I want to see someone try to talk in my native language which is عربي
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2015, 11:12 AM   #5
dalto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
This really isn't that complicated. He found a variable in fem_body which had "performance" in the name and he changed it. When he did, the CEL came on. Someone else is saying that they changed this value and are claiming that they saw a performance improvement and that the CEL did not come on.

rustyminded, try posting the actual full name of the function you are talking about in e-sys.

EDIT: Just to be clear I was responding to some posts that are not here anymore for good reason.

Last edited by dalto; 11-21-2015 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #6
jaddie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I hope I wasn't included as being an idiot :'(

I had just woken up when I read it so wasn't exactly a high functioning human at the time haha :P

If you do know rustyminded the name for the code that was changed, I'll jump in my car and see what its at & change it and see what the end result is for you

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 01:02 PM   #7
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto View Post
This really isn't that complicated. He found a variable in fem_body which had "performance" in the name and he changed it. When he did, the CEL came on. Someone else is saying that they changed this value and are claiming that they saw a performance improvement and that the CEL did not come on.

rustyminded, try posting the actual full name of the function you are talking about in e-sys.
Exactly, thanks for clearing up. my English isn't perfect
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 01:24 PM   #8
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
Dude dont mind the few idiots on this forum. As you know, most are willing to help and are understanding of language issues. That being said, can you please let us know the exact code that was changed? I will try it out.
of course. I'll hook the laptop and know exactly it's name thanks man
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 01:29 PM   #9
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
I hope I wasn't included as being an idiot :'(

I had just woken up when I read it so wasn't exactly a high functioning human at the time haha :P

If you do know rustyminded the name for the code that was changed, I'll jump in my car and see what its at & change it and see what the end result is for you
no you weren't haha. I'll check right away
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 01:35 PM   #10
jaddie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Haha thanks

Awesome, I have my laptop here with my at my desk so when you let me know I'll open the relevant CAFD and check it out

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 02:05 PM   #11
rustyminded
Major
Rep

ok it seems it's under class_power in Fem_body. there is also quantity gear and cylinders if you want to change to V12 haha

guys I am not forcing you to try anything. it's something I saw and got my attention.
Attached Images

11-21-2015, 02:20 PM   #12
rustyminded
Major
Rep

There is another one for transmission, it might be the solution for torque limit ?!!!
Attached Images

11-21-2015, 03:09 PM   #13
jaddie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Looking at the values that can be set (for VCM_CLASS_POWER)

It seems to vary from things such as Low Grades all the way up to Super Top Performance Class

I have a 430d Xdrive MSport which defaults to Upper Performance Class (OL)
Checking in the M4 that defaults to Top Performance Class (TL)

So not too sure what these are setting, perhaps some kind of overall limitations for what the car is either allowed or perhaps expected to do?

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #14
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded
There is another one for transmission, it might be the solution for torque limit ?!!!
There is no way you could increase the torque limit by coding. That's a physical restriction of the transmission. Also I can assure you there are no performance enhancing options in FEM_BODY. This module controls the front electronic systems of the car such as your headlamps etc. your motor is controlled by DME, steering by EPS, fuel pump by EKFP, transmission by EGS, etc. all the ECUs that have to do with the drivetrain of the car are encrypted and or locked in some way and have very few if any parameters that can be changed by the DIY coder. The only ones in aware of that can be changed simply is enable Sport Auto transmission via VO coding and FDL code LC_Aktiv. But for many people these are already active from the factory.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 03:33 PM   #15
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Looking at the values that can be set (for VCM_CLASS_POWER)

It seems to vary from things such as Low Grades all the way up to Super Top Performance Class

I have a 430d Xdrive MSport which defaults to Upper Performance Class (OL)
Checking in the M4 that defaults to Top Performance Class (TL)

So not too sure what these are setting, perhaps some kind of overall limitations for what the car is either allowed or perhaps expected to do?
It's odd because my car has lower power setting for low quality fuel which is ron92. we need someone to verify. if it's something that doesn't make big effect why give cel ?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 03:35 PM   #16
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
There is no way you could increase the torque limit by coding. That's a physical restriction of the transmission. Also I can assure you there are no performance enhancing options in FEM_BODY. This module controls the front electronic systems of the car such as your headlamps etc. your motor is controlled by DME, steering by EPS, fuel pump by EKFP, transmission by EGS, etc. all the ECUs that have to do with the drivetrain of the car are encrypted and or locked in some way and have very few if any parameters that can be changed by the DIY coder. The only ones in aware of that can be changed simply is enable Sport Auto transmission via VO coding and FDL code LC_Aktiv. But for many people these are already active from the factory.
that's frustrating so all these companies who claim to have module via obd that removed limit are bs.

well i coded sport auto transmission via fdl not vo in 316 and 320 they said night & day difference.

so why does it give CEL when i change it ?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 03:38 PM   #17
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
that's frustrating so all these companies who claim to have module via obd that removed limit are bs.

will i coded sport auto transmission via fdl not vo in 316 and 320 they said night & day difference.
Yup no one has a confirmed way to change VMax via OBD alone, without physically hacking the DME.

Why didn't you VO code sport auto trans.?
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0