F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Fitment for my F33
ARMA SPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-14-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
new_trickz
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: F33 430D M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Fitment for my F33

Hey guys

I have a 430d M sport cabrio (F33) and ive recently just purchased new wheels for the car.

The wheels are 20" 8.5 ET35 front and 10 ET40 rear.
The car is on stock suspension and i have no plans to change that.

What tyre size would be best for my car?
I do not want the stretched look as i wont be lowering it, i just want it to look flush.

Any help would be greatly appeciated. If you have any pics of your fitment, please do share so i have an idea of how it will look!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 01:13 AM   #2
alohasurftoad
Colonel
United_States
1632
Rep
2,876
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trickz View Post
Hey guys

I have a 430d M sport cabrio (F33) and ive recently just purchased new wheels for the car.

The wheels are 20" 8.5 ET35 front and 10 ET40 rear.
The car is on stock suspension and i have no plans to change that.

What tyre size would be best for my car?
I do not want the stretched look as i wont be lowering it, i just want it to look flush.

Any help would be greatly appeciated. If you have any pics of your fitment, please do share so i have an idea of how it will look!

Thanks
245/30/20 front, 275/25/20 rears
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 06:44 AM   #3
new_trickz
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: F33 430D M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
245/30/20 front, 275/25/20 rears
Would 245/35/20, 275/30/20 not work? I have seen that is the most common setup for 20" wheels on the forum even when on stock suspension
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 09:34 AM   #4
alohasurftoad
Colonel
United_States
1632
Rep
2,876
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trickz View Post
Would 245/35/20, 275/30/20 not work? I have seen that is the most common setup for 20" wheels on the forum even when on stock suspension
that'll work also. it will offer more protection and fill out your wheel wells more. it changes your gearing at the wheels by a tiny amount since the diameter is 0.8 greater than factory spec.

sorry, you're correct, for the rears 275/30/20 is closer to oem spec than 275/25/20

Last edited by alohasurftoad; 07-15-2016 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2016, 02:50 PM   #5
new_trickz
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: F33 430D M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
that'll work also. it will offer more protection and fill out your wheel wells more. it changes your gearing at the wheels by a tiny amount since the diameter is 0.8 greater than factory spec.

sorry, you're correct, for the rears 275/30/20 is closer to oem spec than 275/25/20
Awesome, thank you for your replies! I shall get my tyres ordered soon and fitted within the upcoming week
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
4 series alpine white, 4 series cabrio, wheels and tires

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST