F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > B58 Log Review Thread
ARMA SPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-03-2020, 03:37 PM   #331
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
3185
Rep
4,258
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SÁpreme View Post
Actually had new NGK 94201 plugs installed right before I did the pump and tune. Had them gapped to 0.022 by 'my guy', friend of mine that is a professional mechanic and does all the work on the car. (Except for the pump, I installed that all by myself! )
I don't think I'd want to go narrower than that, do you?
I'm just looking at F80 guys that run 0.018-0.020 on E85 tunes. Not a guarantee and like I said your timing doesn't look bad, just showing corrections for some reason.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Instagram @kern417
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 04:31 PM   #332
janea1207
Private First Class
27
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

b58

Yesterday tried to run on 102ron map with 100ron fuel+octane booster. It was a little bit slower than on 98ron map. Can you see the my logs on 102ron and 98ron.
102ron map log: https://datazap.me/u/janea1207/bmw-3...&data=5-24
98ron map log:
https://datazap.me/u/janea1207/340is...&data=5-24
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 06:04 PM   #333
OzBMR
Lieutenant
OzBMR's Avatar
Australia
535
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SÁpreme View Post
Some new logs running the Wedge Rev 2 E50 map. Boost seems nice and consistent, close to target. Any concerns with these cylinder timing corrections?
https://datazap.me/u/tnilson/4th-gea...og=0&data=4-18
https://datazap.me/u/tnilson/3rd-gea...og=0&data=4-18
https://datazap.me/u/tnilson/bonus-0...og=0&data=4-18
Looks great, must feel nice.

Here's a Virtual Dyno of your 4th gear runs

__________________
M140i LCI Mineral Grey
Dorch Stage 2 HPFP, CG Precision DS-1, XHP, MHD Stage 2 HPFP E30 @ E42 100 - 200 6.96s 10.93@127mph
Stock DP, XHP, MHD 95/102 OTS E30 fuel, Hoosier DR2 11.5@121mph about 8.0s 100-200
Appreciate 2
Supr3me454.00

      02-03-2020, 06:13 PM   #334
OzBMR
Lieutenant
OzBMR's Avatar
Australia
535
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janea1207 View Post
Yesterday tried to run on 102ron map with 100ron fuel+octane booster. It was a little bit slower than on 98ron map. Can you see the my logs on 102ron and 98ron.
102ron map log: https://datazap.me/u/janea1207/bmw-3...og=0&data=5-24
98ron map log:
https://datazap.me/u/janea1207/340is...og=0&data=5-24
The 98RON map is a nice 4th gear pull with 100% accelerator from 2300 RPM.

The 102 RON run is a 2nd to 3rd gear log that is not useful as you seemed to have a lot of wheel spin and DSC intervention.

Go and do a 4th gear run for the 102RON map like the 98RON map and post it up, then we can see the real difference.
__________________
M140i LCI Mineral Grey
Dorch Stage 2 HPFP, CG Precision DS-1, XHP, MHD Stage 2 HPFP E30 @ E42 100 - 200 6.96s 10.93@127mph
Stock DP, XHP, MHD 95/102 OTS E30 fuel, Hoosier DR2 11.5@121mph about 8.0s 100-200

Last edited by OzBMR; 02-03-2020 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 2
kern4173184.50

      02-03-2020, 06:27 PM   #335
Supr3me
Captain
Supr3me's Avatar
United_States
454
Rep
623
Posts

Drives: Your mom crazy
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sioux Falls SD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMR View Post
Looks great, must feel nice.
Real nahice. Feels smooth and strong.

I'm AWD, did you set up this virtual dyno with that factor, or RWD?
__________________
2016 340i xDrive M-Sport MPPSK
Pure800; Dorch Stg2 hpfp; VRSF DP; AP intake
MHD; Wedge Performance E50 tune; xHP Stage 3
Forgestar wheels & KW coilovers
10.55 1/4; 2.82 0-60mph
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 06:40 PM   #336
OzBMR
Lieutenant
OzBMR's Avatar
Australia
535
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SÁpreme View Post
Real nahice. Feels smooth and strong.

I'm AWD, did you set up this virtual dyno with that factor, or RWD?
Used a 340i X drive profile, same gearing, just a bit more weight, 70 additional pounds, car weight of 3710 lbs then used a nominal 176 lbs for driver weight.

Looks like you've got about 460 whp and should be good for about 11.6@121mph
__________________
M140i LCI Mineral Grey
Dorch Stage 2 HPFP, CG Precision DS-1, XHP, MHD Stage 2 HPFP E30 @ E42 100 - 200 6.96s 10.93@127mph
Stock DP, XHP, MHD 95/102 OTS E30 fuel, Hoosier DR2 11.5@121mph about 8.0s 100-200
Appreciate 1
Supr3me454.00

      02-03-2020, 07:01 PM   #337
boosted
enthusiast
boosted's Avatar
United_States
102
Rep
216
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i x-drive 8AT
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Latest log. Thoughts?

Click here
__________________

2018 340i x-drive 8AT - MP (Mission Performance) stg 3 DME tune, Xhp stg 3 EGS tune, catted AA downpipe, NGK plugs, E30 blend - 11.5@119mph. Coming soon 10.9@12X mph
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 07:59 PM   #338
OzBMR
Lieutenant
OzBMR's Avatar
Australia
535
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted View Post
Latest log. Thoughts?

Click here
Looks like a strong 93 octane tune 19 - 20 PSI and AFR's on the lean side. How much ethanol are you running?
__________________
M140i LCI Mineral Grey
Dorch Stage 2 HPFP, CG Precision DS-1, XHP, MHD Stage 2 HPFP E30 @ E42 100 - 200 6.96s 10.93@127mph
Stock DP, XHP, MHD 95/102 OTS E30 fuel, Hoosier DR2 11.5@121mph about 8.0s 100-200
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #339
baldeagleman
Private First Class
United_States
28
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M240i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

https://datazap.me/u/dparadis21/test-1?log=1&data=4-16

https://datazap.me/u/dparadis21/test...og=0&data=4-16

MHD Stage 2, 93 Octane. No clue really how to log just did some quick pulls after I did the flash. Any insight would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 08:41 PM   #340
boosted
enthusiast
boosted's Avatar
United_States
102
Rep
216
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i x-drive 8AT
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMR View Post
Looks like a strong 93 octane tune 19 - 20 PSI and AFR's on the lean side. How much ethanol are you running?
Thanks!
2 gal E85 (not sure winter ratio), 8 gal of 93 Shell.
__________________

2018 340i x-drive 8AT - MP (Mission Performance) stg 3 DME tune, Xhp stg 3 EGS tune, catted AA downpipe, NGK plugs, E30 blend - 11.5@119mph. Coming soon 10.9@12X mph
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #341
OzBMR
Lieutenant
OzBMR's Avatar
Australia
535
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagleman View Post
https://datazap.me/u/dparadis21/test-1?log=1&data=4-16

https://datazap.me/u/dparadis21/test...og=0&data=4-16

MHD Stage 2, 93 Octane. No clue really how to log just did some quick pulls after I did the flash. Any insight would be appreciated.
The bits you've captured aren't great for reviewing, but everything looks OK. Getting some good timing, up to 15 degrees on that fuel.

You really need to have the car in Sport+ manual and at least 3rd gear, ideally 4th gear, steady at about 2300 RPM then go 100% accelerator through to about 6800 RPM.
__________________
M140i LCI Mineral Grey
Dorch Stage 2 HPFP, CG Precision DS-1, XHP, MHD Stage 2 HPFP E30 @ E42 100 - 200 6.96s 10.93@127mph
Stock DP, XHP, MHD 95/102 OTS E30 fuel, Hoosier DR2 11.5@121mph about 8.0s 100-200
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 09:02 PM   #342
baldeagleman
Private First Class
United_States
28
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M240i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMR View Post
The bits you've captured aren't great for reviewing, but everything looks OK. Getting some good timing, up to 15 degrees on that fuel.

You really need to have the car in Sport+ manual and at least 3rd gear, ideally 4th gear, steady at about 2300 RPM then go 100% accelerator through to about 6800 RPM.
Ok, cool, I will try to out tomorrow when I get a chance. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 09:59 PM   #343
Supr3me
Captain
Supr3me's Avatar
United_States
454
Rep
623
Posts

Drives: Your mom crazy
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sioux Falls SD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMR View Post
Used a 340i X drive profile, same gearing, just a bit more weight, 70 additional pounds, car weight of 3710 lbs then used a nominal 176 lbs for driver weight.

Looks like you've got about 460 whp and should be good for about 11.6@121mph
Cheers mate, I appreciate the data!
__________________
2016 340i xDrive M-Sport MPPSK
Pure800; Dorch Stg2 hpfp; VRSF DP; AP intake
MHD; Wedge Performance E50 tune; xHP Stage 3
Forgestar wheels & KW coilovers
10.55 1/4; 2.82 0-60mph
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 10:53 PM   #344
baldeagleman
Private First Class
United_States
28
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M240i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Just did another run right now. 4th gear.

https://datazap.me/u/dparadis21/mhd-...og=0&data=4-16

Will this work better? Also, how did you make those virtual dyno runs. I downloaded the program and It just gives me really weird results.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 11:50 PM   #345
OzBMR
Lieutenant
OzBMR's Avatar
Australia
535
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagleman View Post
Just did another run right now. 4th gear.

https://datazap.me/u/dparadis21/mhd-...og=0&data=4-16

Will this work better? Also, how did you make those virtual dyno runs. I downloaded the program and It just gives me really weird results.
That's a better log to look at. When did you flash the tune and how many miles since flashing it?

The car is having some persistent timing corrections throughout the run, indicating not enough octane for the boost and timing in the map. Timing Delta for knock should be at 0 and by the end of the run is at -1, indicating some knock is occurring.

Can you get better fuel? What are you using?

The other unusual thing I noticed was your fuel rail pressure dropping quite a bit below target from 2400 RPM through to about 5500 RPM. Should stay at 2900 PSI on that map unless you're blending some ethanol, but then your timing should be a lot better.

The car got to 16 PSI at 2400 RPM, which is really early.

The Virtual Dyno should look like this if you save the data file correctly.

__________________
M140i LCI Mineral Grey
Dorch Stage 2 HPFP, CG Precision DS-1, XHP, MHD Stage 2 HPFP E30 @ E42 100 - 200 6.96s 10.93@127mph
Stock DP, XHP, MHD 95/102 OTS E30 fuel, Hoosier DR2 11.5@121mph about 8.0s 100-200
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 11:55 PM   #346
baldeagleman
Private First Class
United_States
28
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M240i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMR View Post
That's a better log to look at. When did you flash the tune and how many miles since flashing it?

The car is having some persistent timing corrections throughout the run, indicating not enough octane for the boost and timing in the map. Timing Delta for knock should be at 0 and by the end of the run is at -1, indicating some knock is occurring.

Can you get better fuel? What are you using?

The other unusual thing I noticed was your fuel rail pressure dropping quite a bit below target from 2400 RPM through to about 5500 RPM. Should stay at 2900 PSI on that map unless you're blending some ethanol, but then your timing should be a lot better.

The car got to 16 PSI at 2400 RPM, which is really early.

The Virtual Dyno should look like this if you save the data file correctly.

I am using Citgo 93 octane (I think contains 10% ethanol). I have had a drivetrain malfunction error a couple times in the last two months when I was running JB4 + MHD BEF. Today I swapped to just MHD stage 2 for 93oct/98 RON so I literally did this flash a few hours ago. I haven't ever done anything to my sparkplugs and I wonder if they were the culprit in the drivetrain malfunction.

Side note, the MHD stage 2 flash seems way faster than my JB4/MHD BEF setup. I reckon I mustve messed up somewhere along the process of setting that up. Is there anything else I should look at to fix these logs?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 11:57 PM   #347
OzBMR
Lieutenant
OzBMR's Avatar
Australia
535
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

The CSV file data must look like this. I have custom heading for boost "PSI"

__________________
M140i LCI Mineral Grey
Dorch Stage 2 HPFP, CG Precision DS-1, XHP, MHD Stage 2 HPFP E30 @ E42 100 - 200 6.96s 10.93@127mph
Stock DP, XHP, MHD 95/102 OTS E30 fuel, Hoosier DR2 11.5@121mph about 8.0s 100-200

Last edited by OzBMR; 02-14-2020 at 11:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:08 AM   #348
OzBMR
Lieutenant
OzBMR's Avatar
Australia
535
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagleman View Post
I am using Citgo 93 octane (I think contains 10% ethanol). I have had a drivetrain malfunction error a couple times in the last two months when I was running JB4 + MHD BEF. Today I swapped to just MHD stage 2 for 93oct/98 RON so I literally did this flash a few hours ago. I haven't ever done anything to my sparkplugs and I wonder if they were the culprit in the drivetrain malfunction.

Side note, the MHD stage 2 flash seems way faster than my JB4/MHD BEF setup. I reckon I mustve messed up somewhere along the process of setting that up. Is there anything else I should look at to fix these logs?
If you've only just flashed the car it may be just an adaptions issue. You can try resetting adaptions in the MHD Flasher>Codes>Reset Adaptions with the ignition on, car not started, same as when you flash the car. Alternatively, disconnect the battery for a while.

Do you have access to 93 that doesn't have ethanol?

93 octane that has 10% ethanol starts as poor quality gas that they add ethanol to to get the octane up. If you can, blend some high quality 93 with some E85 once the gas in your tank is gone, then re-test.
__________________
M140i LCI Mineral Grey
Dorch Stage 2 HPFP, CG Precision DS-1, XHP, MHD Stage 2 HPFP E30 @ E42 100 - 200 6.96s 10.93@127mph
Stock DP, XHP, MHD 95/102 OTS E30 fuel, Hoosier DR2 11.5@121mph about 8.0s 100-200
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:13 AM   #349
baldeagleman
Private First Class
United_States
28
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M240i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMR View Post
The CSV file data has look like this. I have custom heading for boost "PSI"

View post on imgur.com


This is what I'm getting now. Wasn't able to get the AFR in the spreadsheet, not sure if that will make the difference. I am getting between 418-441 depending on if I put my tires as 225/40/18 or 245/40/18 so this one is 235/40/18 (I run staggered 225s and 245s so I put the average?).

Would running the car like this have any potential for damage? I had my JB4/MHD BEF for like 6 months and I never did any type of logging until now. I'm kind of worried since the car seems to have way more power and is way more responsive with just the MHD stage 2 and you're saying I'm getting rail pressure drops and some knock which makes me think the JB4/MHD BEF might have had more serious issues. I probably drove 3k-5k miles on the JB4/MHD BEF combo.

Last edited by baldeagleman; 02-04-2020 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:57 AM   #350
OzBMR
Lieutenant
OzBMR's Avatar
Australia
535
Rep
579
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagleman View Post

This is what I'm getting now. Wasn't able to get the AFR in the spreadsheet, not sure if that will make the difference. I am getting between 418-441 depending on if I put my tires as 225/40/18 or 245/40/18 so this one is 235/40/18 (I run staggered 225s and 245s so I put the average?).

Would running the car like this have any potential for damage? I had my JB4/MHD BEF for like 6 months and I never did any type of logging until now. I'm kind of worried since the car seems to have way more power and is way more responsive with just the MHD stage 2 and you're saying I'm getting rail pressure drops and some knock which makes me think the JB4/MHD BEF might have had more serious issues. I probably drove 3k-5k miles on the JB4/MHD BEF combo.
The rail pressure drop and bit of knock is probably because of the fuel you're using. The car is doing a good job of managing itself, don't worry, just get better fuel when you can.

In car editor, change the drag co-efficient to 0.34, this is what is in the specifications for the car.

Add driver/passenger weight(s) as this will influence the output.

Tire height should be as per the rear tires 24.08 inches, this works with the gear ratios.



In Virtual Dyno>File>Options go to the columns and profiles tab and make sure it looks like this and you'll get your AFR and Boost as well



__________________
M140i LCI Mineral Grey
Dorch Stage 2 HPFP, CG Precision DS-1, XHP, MHD Stage 2 HPFP E30 @ E42 100 - 200 6.96s 10.93@127mph
Stock DP, XHP, MHD 95/102 OTS E30 fuel, Hoosier DR2 11.5@121mph about 8.0s 100-200
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 01:01 AM   #351
alyabiev
Private First Class
Russia
104
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: BMW M240i xDrive, Mazda 3 MPS
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagleman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMR View Post
The CSV file data has look like this. I have custom heading for boost "PSI"

View post on imgur.com


This is what I'm getting now. Wasn't able to get the AFR in the spreadsheet, not sure if that will make the difference. I am getting between 418-441 depending on if I put my tires as 225/40/18 or 245/40/18 so this one is 235/40/18 (I run staggered 225s and 245s so I put the average?).

Would running the car like this have any potential for damage? I had my JB4/MHD BEF for like 6 months and I never did any type of logging until now. I'm kind of worried since the car seems to have way more power and is way more responsive with just the MHD stage 2 and you're saying I'm getting rail pressure drops and some knock which makes me think the JB4/MHD BEF might have had more serious issues. I probably drove 3k-5k miles on the JB4/MHD BEF combo.
With that deep drop in fuel pressure you can just lean out anytime when requested injection amount should go up. Leaning out would lead to immediate knock events occuring and cracking piston ringlands. (that's the worst scenario)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 01:20 AM   #352
baldeagleman
Private First Class
United_States
28
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M240i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Wow thanks for all the help guys. What should I do to "get better gas"? Is CITGO not high quality? I also have a sunoco near me if that is considered better. Do you think I should replace the spark plugs? Couldn't that be part of the cause of the knocking? I dont think they've been replaced for awhile.
__________________
VRSF Catless Downpipe, MHD Stage 2 Flash Tune, xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST