F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Rennline Exactfit Phone mount
ARMA SPEED

12-24-2021, 02:19 PM   #1
moneyforpeople
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 328i xDrive

Rennline Exactfit Phone mount

I'm looking for a phone mount that would install the same way as this though with a cradle instead if a magnetic mount. I like proclip products but hate their options for F30s

Any leads is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 12:39 PM   #2
LCornice
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d XDrive sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyforpeople View Post
I'm looking for a phone mount that would install the same way as this though with a cradle instead if a magnetic mount. I like proclip products but hate their options for F30s

Any leads is appreciated!
Although I went with a MagSafe charger mount on my Rennline, I believe you can use just about any ball mount as the size is standard. Something like this should work,

Miracase Car Phone Mount

FWIW, the Rennline mount is about as clean a solution as you'll find. I ended up putting the wire inside the dash and powering it using the footwell 12V. You can see it in post 10 - https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9#post28324499

Good luck!
      12-30-2021, 04:23 PM   #3
ragenitro6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i pre LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCornice View Post
Although I went with a MagSafe charger mount on my Rennline, I believe you can use just about any ball mount as the size is standard. Something like this should work,

Miracase Car Phone Mount

FWIW, the Rennline mount is about as clean a solution as you'll find. I ended up putting the wire inside the dash and powering it using the footwell 12V. You can see it in post 10 - https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9#post28324499

Good luck!
Did you use this Rennline mount?

https://www.rennline.com/BMW-ExactFi...SABEgLHZ_D_BwE

This is the one I have.

If so, then you got a MagSafe charger that Rennline now offers as well for it or did you get a different one to attach to it?

Also, does your phone have a case? Mine has Otterbox Defender and I saw that Apple's Magsafe charger doesn't work with it - you supposedly have to now get the Defender XT to use with MagSafe smh
The magnet mount on the Rennline works decent with the Defender case but could be a little more solid - I have to put it at a certain angle for it to hold sufficiently.

I do like how you did that setup and am looking to emulate that - just want to know is this is what you used and what MagSafe charger you got

Thanks man

Last edited by ragenitro6; 12-30-2021 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 02:13 PM   #4
LCornice
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d XDrive sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragenitro6 View Post
Did you use this Rennline mount?

https://www.rennline.com/BMW-ExactFi...SABEgLHZ_D_BwE

This is the one I have as well.

If so, then you got a MagSafe charger that Rennline now offers as well for it or did you get a different one to attach to it?

Also, does your phone have a case? Mine has Otterbox Defender and I saw that Apple's Magsafe charger doesn't work with it - you supposedly have to now get the Defender XT to use with MagSafe smh
The magnet mount on the Rennline works decent with the Defender case but could be a little more solid - I have to put it at a certain angle for it to hold sufficiently.

I do like how you did that setup and am looking to emulate that - just want to know is this is what you used and what MagSafe charger you got

Thanks man
Sorry, I just saw your post. Yes, that's the mount I have. I posted everything I purchased on another page here, https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1810338. It's post 10.

The MagSafe option from Rennline wasn't available when I ordered my mount, which is why I went with the AINOPE mount and just used the part that holds the MagSafe charger (Apple OEM). I also have a MagSafe case it holds the phone just fine, although I admit I haven't been out cornering pylons recently (or ever actually). As you can see from the picture, I snaked the wire and plugged it into the 12v passenger footwell and used a 90 degree adaptor. I was installing an MMI box and just did that at the same time.

If I haven't answered your questions, feel free to send me a DM and I'll get with you directly. Happy to help.
      01-29-2022, 09:02 AM   #5
X-S!D3
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: F36 420i MY14

Using Apple original MagSafe charger is probably also the only option if you want more than 7.5W wireless charging on newer iPhones (iPhone 12/13 support 15W wireless charging but only using original MagSafe charger + 20W or more USB-PD adapter with USB-C connector ... I am using Satechi 60W USB-C which I am planning to hardwire under the glovebox)

My initial plan was to mountSpiegel MagSafe charger on Rennline bracket, but it apparently got lost because I have still not received it after more than 2 months from the order. I have opened a dispute and bought Apple original MagSafe charger from Amazon + a mount from aliexpress. I still have to get the Rennline mount but unfortunately in Europe it is almost impossible to get and very expensive but I eventually gave up and ordered one from the UK, hopefully it should arrive anytime soon.

Currently, I have iPhone 11 Pro Max, which doesn't actually have MagSafe but supports wireless charging (7.5W max) and with mophie snap adapter added to my phone case probably holds to MagSafe charger even better than newer iPhone with MagSafe built-in. Once I upgrade my phone, using the original MagSafe charger will also allow me to charge with full 15W. But even the current phone with this 7.5W limitation seems to charge faster than with some generic wireless charger I used in my previous car.
Appreciate 0