F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > F1: Belgian GP '19
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #23
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18766
Rep
11,364
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
In that Spa is a track that suits Ferrari in it's aero flawed configuration,can they at last pull it off without any chicanery dramas.
Yeah. But "Eau Rouge" requires big balls at 300 + km/u !
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 12:16 PM   #24
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1384
Rep
2,023
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah. But "Eau Rouge" requires big balls at 300 + km/u !
Haha of course you have them too yes
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2019, 02:08 PM   #25
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18766
Rep
11,364
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Haha of course you have them too yes
Depends from the inner downforce of the G-Forces
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 02:24 PM   #26
iamwingman
Captain
800
Rep
992
Posts

Drives: m4
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Ocon to Renault. Where does Hulk end up?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 05:41 PM   #27
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
797
Rep
977
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
Ocon to Renault. Where does Hulk end up?
probably Haas.. Grosjean or Magnussen ll be knocked out.. and probably Magnussen will..

Merc's new engine started have problems in the first 2km.. in FP1..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno

Last edited by yco; 08-30-2019 at 05:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15626.50

      08-30-2019, 06:22 AM   #28
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
mk1-fan's Avatar
South Africa
453
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: 2018 G30 540i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Gauteng, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
probably Haas.. Grosjean or Magnussen ll be knocked out.. and probably Magnussen will..

Merc's new engine started have problems in the first 2km.. in FP1..
Grosjean is the one that will lose his seat. Steiner has said so today, that it is between Hulkenburg and Grosjean for the seat.

I will be surprised if they do keep Grosjean, because of all the problems between him and Magnussen.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 10:29 AM   #29
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
797
Rep
977
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

new spec Merc' engine having some problems.. first with HAM's car with some electronics of it and now Racing Point's engine.. sounded like an engine failure.. thats not good news..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1-fan View Post
Grosjean is the one that will lose his seat. Steiner has said so today, that it is between Hulkenburg and Grosjean for the seat.

I will be surprised if they do keep Grosjean, because of all the problems between him and Magnussen.
yeah can be.. im not fan of Grosjean at all..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2019, 07:51 PM   #30
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18766
Rep
11,364
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)



__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 08:03 AM   #31
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
797
Rep
977
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)



not sure Merc' can fix things in this small amount of time.. hopefully..


-------

boooom 0.7 off from the rest.. well done Leclerc. !!!
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno

Last edited by yco; 08-31-2019 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2019, 11:07 AM   #32
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
mk1-fan's Avatar
South Africa
453
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: 2018 G30 540i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Gauteng, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post


not sure Merc' can fix things in this small amount of time.. hopefully..


-------

boooom 0.7 off from the rest.. well done Leclerc. !!!
Fixed it, and it seems as if no pace was lost.

Having said that, it is going to be a Ferrari 1-2 procession tomorrow.

RB is the big disappointment for me, I really though they would be a lot quicker.
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2019, 11:45 AM   #33
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18766
Rep
11,364
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

As we expected , the Ferraris dominated in Spa by their high top speed .
Great QF hot lap from Charles !

But... Tomorrow at Spa the conditions will be completely different by the unpredictable weather !
Tomorrow (race day) at least 14C cooler with (possible) *light rain showers* between 12-18 PM => https://www.yr.no/place/Belgium/Wall...Francorchamps/

The HONDA from MAX was too slow by the lack of high top speed .

MAX told me ..He will play the whole night the next song with the repeat button on !

__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
EdM5544.50

      08-31-2019, 02:05 PM   #34
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18766
Rep
11,364
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

UPDATE SPA today : Fatal accident in F2 . *Anthoine Hubert RIP* => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1648640
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 02:34 PM   #35
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
797
Rep
977
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

i dont think it ll be purely Ferrari's day tomorrow.. it ll change..

but more importantly RIP for Hubert.. cars are safe but when they hit each other they re becoming bullets..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 2
      08-31-2019, 03:31 PM   #36
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1384
Rep
2,023
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1-fan View Post
Fixed it, and it seems as if no pace was lost.

Having said that, it is going to be a Ferrari 1-2 procession tomorrow.

RB is the big disappointment for me, I really though they would be a lot quicker.
It wasn't such a big off as the damage suggested, tub had no damage so relatively quick repair in time for quali.
I'll second that with the Ferrari 1-2 tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 10:41 AM   #37
madmax240
Private First Class
69
Rep
126
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007

iTrader: (0)

Finally, congratulations to LEC.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15626.50

      09-01-2019, 11:02 AM   #38
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
797
Rep
977
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

wish there was another 1-2 laps..
but superb job from Leclerc and he drove more like a champion than Vettel all weekend long.. friendship between Hubert and Leclerc and the timing of this win has some meaning.. Vettel finished almost 30 sec away from Leclerc, i guess this ll make Vet think a bit with his 4 tittles.. Merc's were much better in the race which is great.. a bit expected.. i guess they re already working on how to make car's top speed better in Italy for next week..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 2
      09-01-2019, 11:16 AM   #39
2000Z3M
Captain
465
Rep
669
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
wish there was another 1-2 laps..
but superb job from Leclerc and he drove more like a champion than Vettel all weekend long.. friendship between Hubert and Leclerc and the timing of this win has some meaning.. Vettel finished almost 30 sec away from Leclerc, i guess this ll make Vet think a bit with his 4 tittles.. Merc's were much better in the race which is great.. a bit expected.. i guess they re already working on how to make car's top speed better in Italy for next week..
there would have been a safety car with the last lap crash. awesome driving by albon!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 01:17 PM   #40
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18766
Rep
11,364
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
wish there was another 1-2 laps..
but superb job from Leclerc and he drove more like a champion than Vettel all weekend long.. friendship between Hubert and Leclerc and the timing of this win has some meaning.. Vettel finished almost 30 sec away from Leclerc, i guess this ll make Vet think a bit with his 4 tittles.. Merc's were much better in the race which is great.. a bit expected.. i guess they re already working on how to make car's top speed better in Italy for next week..
Yeah . Another 1-2 laps for Lewis . But did you noticed what I saw ?
Lewis lost 1.5 + sec during his bad pitstop (took way too long) The issue was that his left rear wheel was stuck ! There at that moment Lewis lost the race by losing time in the pit ! Otherwise he was 2 laps earlier under Charles rear wing...While Charles tires were shot ..
On the other hand , the Ferrari top speed on the straights was incredible fast !
Like usual ,I saw a great race from Lewis anyway. Sadly he actually lost the race with his slow tire change ...
Great camera-setup at Eau Rouge/ Raidillon ! The cars flew through the screen like bullets !

About MAX...
Well..His race was already over after 500 meters . Caused by another bad launch control . He lost 4-5 places . Came in traffic and was sandwiched inside by Kimi and the wall of the La Source hairpin .
By Kimi's contact , his left front wheel suspension was damaged . And he ended up in the wall .
His Honda engine had already the whole weekend issues. Yesterday also during the qualifying session the Honda engine dropped several times in safety mode at full throttle, and refused to pull at 100% .
MAX is not happy , because SPA is/was his home race ! And HONDA has some work to do...ASAP !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 09-01-2019 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
yco797.00

      09-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #41
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1384
Rep
2,023
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah . Another 1-2 laps for Lewis . But did you noticed what I saw ?
Lewis lost 1.5 + sec during his bad pitstop (took way too long) The issue was that his left rear wheel was stuck ! There at that moment Lewis lost the race by losing time in the pit ! Otherwise he was 2 laps earlier under Charles rear wing...While Charles tires were shot ..
On the other hand , the Ferrari top speed on the straights was incredible fast !
Like usual ,I saw a great race from Lewis anyway. Sadly he actually lost the race with his slow tire change ...
Great camera-setup at Eau Rouge/ Raidillon ! The cars flew through the screen like bullets !

About MAX...
Well..His race was already over after 500 meters . Caused by another bad launch control . He lost 4-5 places . Came in traffic and was sandwiched inside by Kimi and the wall of the La Source hairpin .
By Kimi's contact , his left front wheel suspension was damaged . And he ended up in the wall .
His Honda engine had already the whole weekend issues. Yesterday also during the qualifying session the Honda engine dropped several times in safety mode at full throttle, and refused to pull at 100% .
MAX is not happy , because SPA is/was his home race ! And HONDA has some work to do...ASAP !
Charles' tyres were shot yes yet the Merc's were pulling much longer with apparently no real tyre issues and running like trains,also evident with Seb being hauled in earlier for tyres.
The slight reduction in tyre thickness has worked in Mercs favour, again,as with the secret tyre testing they did a while back with black painted cars and helmets.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2019, 02:39 PM   #42
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
15627
Rep
7,582
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Lewis has, once again, demonstrated relentless race pace. It's unbelievable and whether at a twisty track like Hungary or a long sweeping track like Spa, he is clearly the class of the field. As Philippe says, the tire change ruined HAMs race.

LEC was superb all weekend and deserved to win. RIP Antoine.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
      09-01-2019, 02:50 PM   #43
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
729
Rep
1,198
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
wish there was another 1-2 laps..
but superb job from Leclerc and he drove more like a champion than Vettel all weekend long.. friendship between Hubert and Leclerc and the timing of this win has some meaning.. Vettel finished almost 30 sec away from Leclerc, i guess this ll make Vet think a bit with his 4 tittles.. Merc's were much better in the race which is great.. a bit expected.. i guess they re already working on how to make car's top speed better in Italy for next week..
The huge gap between Leclerc and Vettel was the result of strategy and him being left out to block Hamilton. I know you're a hater, but come on the actual gap in pace wasn't that large.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper
Appreciate 1
minn195973.50

      09-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #44
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
inTgr8r's Avatar
Canada
1410
Rep
11,116
Posts

Drives: Porsche Cayman
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Lewis has, once again, demonstrated relentless race pace. It's unbelievable and whether at a twisty track like Hungary or a long sweeping track like Spa, he is clearly the class of the field. As Philippe says, the tire change ruined HAMs race.

LEC was superb all weekend and deserved to win. RIP Antoine.
Yes the pit stop was bad, but I'm nor so sure the race was lost there.
Either way he was still help up by VET and I doubt the 1.5 seconds would have gotten him past any sooner.
__________________
Appreciate 1
minn195973.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST