F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > GT350R
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-13-2015, 10:02 AM   #23
Alex07M3
Banned
71
Rep
2,690
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyM3
Seriously like everything the U.S. has been putting out lately. I have an F82 on order and looking at this subjectively I'm upset BMW didn't do more with the M4. Still can't wait to get my car though in March after my 5 month wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #24
3er
Major
3er's Avatar
United_States
872
Rep
1,239
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
But the 320i doesn't cost $22K, does it? You guys are confused, let me help.

The 428i series starts at 40K. Average price of one on a lot is $45K. See the difference? I suggest you sell your E90 for $25K, buy the $22K Mustang and pocket $3K. Spend that extra cash on cool mods like hood scoops and side louvers. Everyone's a winner and you'll look nothing like my secretary (who literally just bought a new base Mustang for under sticker).
Thanks for helping us "see the light." A 320i is $33K, which is essentially the same argument as mustang base vs. gt vs. shelby. In all seriousness, though, I will not fault your taste in cars (M4 + 6MT? ).
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 12:25 PM   #25
damnitBobby
Major
671
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Spending $50-55k on a mustang already has me in rumination. Any more and it's completely out of the question. Don't care how much better it performs or how exclusive it is.

Still have to get over the mustang stigma, as it's difficult to see myself owning one.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #26
dmk08
Retired Poster
dmk08's Avatar
United_States
4719
Rep
10,949
Posts

Drives: 4Runner
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Or he could just keep the E90 + GT350R for probably around the same price as a well equipped F8x, that way he would keep the last M3 BMW has made before going ecological and have a far superior performer in the GT350R for when it's time to have some real fun!

And BTW, the 320i starts at 33900$, so it's only $10k difference with the base Mustang that is 23800$, I would'nt say this puts it on a much higher level, and I'm sure in Europe the prices are even closer!

Also, if we want to be totally honest, your M4 look pretty identical to the 420i with M sport pack, the changes on the GT350R are far less discreet then the ones on the M3/M4.
GT350R will likely be well into the 60s. Not sure why you think M4 are so much but they are 64k base. If all you care about is performance why get the exec pack and other lux packages.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 12:29 PM   #27
dmk08
Retired Poster
dmk08's Avatar
United_States
4719
Rep
10,949
Posts

Drives: 4Runner
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyM3 View Post
Seriously like everything the U.S. has been putting out lately. I have an F82 on order and looking at this subjectively I'm upset BMW didn't do more with the M4. Still can't wait to get my car though in March after my 5 month wait.
My advice cancel your M4 order and buy a Mustang. See you in 6 months when you trade it in on the M4.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 01:15 PM   #28
3er
Major
3er's Avatar
United_States
872
Rep
1,239
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

^^ Fanboy much?

Clearly, we likely picked ///M cars for similar reasons - they're fantastic cars. Dismissing worthy contenders/alternatives, however, is silly. Of course, in the context of this discussion, the GT350R is not a competitor to an M3/M4, IMO. They're two very different cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #29
Alex07M3
Banned
71
Rep
2,690
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Or he could just keep the E90 + GT350R for probably around the same price as a well equipped F8x, that way he would keep the last M3 BMW has made before going ecological and have a far superior performer in the GT350R for when it's time to have some real fun!

And BTW, the 320i starts at 33900$, so it's only $10k difference with the base Mustang that is 23800$, I would'nt say this puts it on a much higher level, and I'm sure in Europe the prices are even closer!

Also, if we want to be totally honest, your M4 look pretty identical to the 420i with M sport pack, the changes on the GT350R are far less discreet then the ones on the M3/M4.
GT350R will likely be well into the 60s. Not sure why you think M4 are so much but they are 64k base. If all you care about is performance why get the exec pack and other lux packages.
Ain't the GT350 suppose to be close to 50k and the GT350R just a little more, so 55-60k, that would still be 10-20k less then what most M4s are selling for. With that saving he could most likelly keep his 25k E90 M3(that has almost stop losing value) and save even more money by sharing the mileage between the two instead of losing a ton of money by doing it all on a brand new fast depreciating M4.

Just and idea, but I'd certainly prefer to have an E9x+GT350R then just an F8x, eventhough I'd probably get a used S4 with tune instead of the E9x since I'm in Quebec and prefer AWD for winter!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 02:29 PM   #30
Jackie Chiles
Lieutenant
237
Rep
470
Posts

Drives: VW SW TDI
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Upstate

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er View Post
^^ Fanboy much?

Clearly, we likely picked ///M cars for similar reasons - they're fantastic cars. Dismissing worthy contenders/alternatives, however, is silly. Of course, in the context of this discussion, the GT350R is not a competitor to an M3/M4, IMO. They're two very different cars.
They are both on my wish list, although the GT350 makes more sense.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #31
Jackie Chiles
Lieutenant
237
Rep
470
Posts

Drives: VW SW TDI
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Upstate

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Ain't the GT350 suppose to be close to 50k and the GT350R just a little more, so 55-60k, that would still be 10-20k less then what most M4s are selling for. With that saving he could most likelly keep his 25k E90 M3(that has almost stop losing value) and save even more money by sharing the mileage between the two instead of losing a ton of money by doing it all on a brand new fast depreciating M4.

Just and idea, but I'd certainly prefer to have an E9x+GT350R then just an F8x, eventhough I'd probably get a used S4 with tune instead of the E9x since I'm in Quebec and prefer AWD for winter!
I bet the GT350R is $70k at a minimum. Hope I'm wrong. . .

But the good news is that the GT350 will put price pressure on the M2.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 02:36 PM   #32
Alex07M3
Banned
71
Rep
2,690
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Ain't the GT350 suppose to be close to 50k and the GT350R just a little more, so 55-60k, that would still be 10-20k less then what most M4s are selling for. With that saving he could most likelly keep his 25k E90 M3(that has almost stop losing value) and save even more money by sharing the mileage between the two instead of losing a ton of money by doing it all on a brand new fast depreciating M4.

Just and idea, but I'd certainly prefer to have an E9x+GT350R then just an F8x, eventhough I'd probably get a used S4 with tune instead of the E9x since I'm in Quebec and prefer AWD for winter!
I bet the GT350R is $70k at a minimum. Hope I'm wrong. . .

But the good news is that the GT350 will put price pressure on the M2.
Was'nt the price of a brand new 2014 GT500 $55k!? I can't see how this one would be $15k more! :
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 02:37 PM   #33
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
ssabripo's Avatar
United_States
585
Rep
2,729
Posts

Drives: camels & donkeys
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Plantation, Fl

iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to ssabripo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
But the 320i doesn't cost $22K, does it? You guys are confused, let me help.

The 428i series starts at 40K. Average price of one on a lot is $45K. See the difference? I suggest you sell your E90 for $25K, buy the $22K Mustang and pocket $3K. Spend that extra cash on cool mods like hood scoops and side louvers. Everyone's a winner and you'll look nothing like my secretary (who literally just bought a new base Mustang for under sticker).
you sound like a huge myopic fanboy. I'm sorry if you can't see how silly your original statement sounds.
__________________

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #34
3er
Major
3er's Avatar
United_States
872
Rep
1,239
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
They are both on my wish list, although the GT350 makes more sense.
Ugh, my wish list is out of hand...lol
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #35
/// M sa
Major
/// M sa's Avatar
229
Rep
1,420
Posts

Drives: F80 MG
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Delmarva

iTrader: (0)

Oh no I bought the M3 and effed up, Mustang.. oh lord lol gtfo
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 03:39 PM   #36
dmk08
Retired Poster
dmk08's Avatar
United_States
4719
Rep
10,949
Posts

Drives: 4Runner
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er View Post
^^ Fanboy much?

Clearly, we likely picked ///M cars for similar reasons - they're fantastic cars. Dismissing worthy contenders/alternatives, however, is silly. Of course, in the context of this discussion, the GT350R is not a competitor to an M3/M4, IMO. They're two very different cars.
I'm not really an M fanboy and I've owned quite a few Mustangs in my life. You pretty much made the point I was getting at though.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 03:47 PM   #37
MaynardZed
Lieutenant Colonel
MaynardZed's Avatar
United_States
1082
Rep
1,750
Posts

Drives: wife crazy
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
What is the curb weight of this 350R? I'm sure it will sell better than the Z28 which is probably its closest competitor.
__________________
Road course laptimes for BMW M4 2015 6MT
WHP East Track: 1:04.880, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:54.352
Road course laptimes for Porsche 911 991.1 GTS 7MT
WHP East Track: 1:02.770, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:48.889
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 03:54 PM   #38
hellrotm
Major General
2907
Rep
6,295
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ...Location...Location

iTrader: (0)

Some pics of the engine masterpiece.

Drool!


http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15448
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 03:57 PM   #39
hellrotm
Major General
2907
Rep
6,295
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ...Location...Location

iTrader: (0)

I thoroughly enjoy when car like this comes about.

It outs every single poser-enthusiast on the forum.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2015, 04:08 PM   #40
RMB
Captain
RMB's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
634
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I really enjoy seeing all of the new performance cars being unveiled. I have never owned a mustang, but the new GT350 and GT350 R would be great vehicles to add to the stable. This is definitely a step in the right direction for all performance car fanatics, regardless of what brand you like or support.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 04:54 PM   #41
Eau Rouge
Major
Eau Rouge's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
1,233
Posts

Drives: 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida's Emerald Coast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
I thoroughly enjoy when car like this comes about.

It outs every single poser-enthusiast on the forum.
+1

That engine alone is plenty of reason to give it a look and drive it, but I won't be a bit surprised if the total package obliterates pretty much everything MSRP'd south of $100k including Teutonic models.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #42
nicknaz
Major General
nicknaz's Avatar
United_States
2676
Rep
9,904
Posts

Drives: 6TT, model 3P, SM, F31 330
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Worst case, there still is the GT350 that has all those things you need for living with daily!

Personnaly, I'd be more then happy to compromise on my daily ride just to have a GT350R in my garage instead of the F8x, like getting a used S4 or 335 for dailying. The GT350R really seems to be the ultimate fun week end/track car and I'm sure they're are going to keep their value very well compared to any BMWs, specially compared to a +$75k F8x that will lose $25-30k value in the first 3years of ownership!

Call me crazy but I find this much more attractive looking then an M4, and I'm far from being a fan of american cars, but this one just look so special and bad ass!!

F8X is only $75k+ if you want it to be. Euro invoice on the M3 with no options is around $58k, so you can get it around $60k if you go to the right sales person and keep options light.

When you were shopping for your E92 M3, why not get Boss 302 or C6 Z06? At the time those were similar/cheaper priced and had/have better performance.

Whatever made you land on the E92 M3 is probably similar to what is making people chose F8X M3/M4 right now

Last edited by nicknaz; 01-13-2015 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #43
M6-Coupe
Major General
M6-Coupe's Avatar
755
Rep
5,792
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CP
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bay area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
F8X is only $75k+ if you want it to be. Euro invoice on the M3 with no options is around $58k, so you can get it around $60k if you go to the right sales person and keep options light.

When you were shopping for your E92 M3, why not get Boss 302 or C6 Z06? At the time those were similar/cheaper priced and had/have better performance.

Whatever made you land on the E92 M3 is probably similar to what is making people chose F8X M3/M4 right now
Actually F80 M3 ED invoice is $54k since the ED invoice is 7% below US invoice and US invoice is 7% below US MSRP so 62000/(1.07 x 1.07) = 54k and M4 is 56k
__________________
Current : 2018 Mineral Gray M3 6MT
Gone : 2016 Austin Yellow M4 6MT
Gone: 2013 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Gone: 2012 Black Sapphire 650i - ZF8
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 06:15 PM   #44
gthal
Major General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
1829
Rep
5,687
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyM3 View Post
Seriously like everything the U.S. has been putting out lately. I have an F82 on order and looking at this subjectively I'm upset BMW didn't do more with the M4. Still can't wait to get my car though in March after my 5 month wait.
I don't think BMW needed to do more... it is a street car that is very high performance and has decent track capability out of the box. The ZCP version will improve on that again. The GT350R is a race car that is street legal... is that REALLY what you would want the M3/4 to be? BMW could do more and then the price would be higher too. The M cars are inherent compromises and are very good at doing it. The GT350 (and especially the R) is less compromise and more focused.

Also, part of this is BMW has a pecking order... with the 3, 5, 6, etc. Ford only has the Stang (and the GT I guess now too) which is its top performance car.

Here's my take... BMW knows its market well and builds cars that meet the needs and wants of its broader market (not just us on the forum) and sells lots of cars. Yes, there are some nuts (many here) who would love more but then it would be too hard core for the doctor walking in off the street to buy the car and it would turn off a lot of their market (the general buyer) and also cause folks buying M5s and M6s to question that decision and cannibalize sales.

What BMW should do is build a GTS version that is a purely track oriented car for those who want it.

P.S. The GT350R looks awesome and would be a great track car. I bet it will have almost Z06/Viper performance. Saaa-weeet.
__________________
2018 340i | Mineral Gray | Current DD | C8 mid-engine Corvette to come next year
2016 M2 | Long Beach Blue | 6MT
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3 | 1996 E36 M3 (track car)
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST