F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Creaking noises when turning my car left or right
GetBMWParts

01-03-2021, 02:07 AM   #1
leof3x
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i m sport

Creaking noises when turning my car left or right

I have a 2014 f30 335i M-Sport package

I was turning left at a red light, note that it was dark so don't make fun of me lol. but anyways, I was turning left and you know on left turning lanes at red lights have those concrete barriers that is about 6-8 inches high? well ya, I didn't see that and was I was turning left from the other street I ran over it. A piece of plastic cover underneath the car in the front end broke off, and then the car started creaking when I turn my steering wheel left or right and it also popped up a message saying "Chassis stabilization: Drive moderately. Consult nearest service center".

Help me, I don't know what is wrong. If you have an idea of what could be damaged please reply. thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 04:41 AM   #2
leof3x
Registered
Rep

[IMG][/IMG]
i ran over one of these
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 02:48 PM   #3
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

I think your first move should be to take it to a mechanic. Asking people on the internet to diagnose a suspension issue with no ability to physically inspect the car is futile. So many things could be wrong. Tie rods, control arms, steering rack, thrust arms, strut, strut bearing, hub, etc. or some combo of all of the above. The fact that you have an error in the I drive means something electrical triggered a fault too. So you damaged a sensor (wheel speed/abs maybe?) or something in the electrical steering isn't happy and throwing the code. Sorry man, take it to a shop.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 10:51 AM   #4
leof3x
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealm3 View Post
I think your first move should be to take it to a mechanic. Asking people on the internet to diagnose a suspension issue with no ability to physically inspect the car is futile. So many things could be wrong. Tie rods, control arms, steering rack, thrust arms, strut, strut bearing, hub, etc. or some combo of all of the above. The fact that you have an error in the I drive means something electrical triggered a fault too. So you damaged a sensor (wheel speed/abs maybe?) or something in the electrical steering isn't happy and throwing the code. Sorry man, take it to a shop.
oh alright, thanks man
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 11:17 AM   #5
brigade24
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 X-dive

That can could be alot of different things. you can take and post pics of what broke so we can get an idea of how serious the damage is.

does it pull in any direction? any vibration in the steering wheel?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 08:49 PM   #6
leof3x
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigade24 View Post
That can could be alot of different things. you can take and post pics of what broke so we can get an idea of how serious the damage is.

does it pull in any direction? any vibration in the steering wheel?
i took it into a BMW dealership and they figured out what is wrong for rn already but idk if the prices are reasonable tho i feel like they're over charging
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 11:32 AM   #7
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by leof3x View Post
i took it into a BMW dealership and they figured out what is wrong for rn already but idk if the prices are reasonable tho i feel like they're over charging
sooo what did they say and what price did they quote?
Appreciate 0