F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > THings you LOVE about your BMW Diesel???
GetBMWParts

08-30-2015, 09:10 AM   #45
Disturbed
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
If BMW NA were to import a 2 door diesel, surely you would want it to be the 430d and 435d

Why have a 4 cylinder when 6 is far more refined.

I'd love a M4 with a diesel. 435d Msport perhaps? I do like the "hidden hatchback" of the 435 "grand coupe". That's why I've been eyeballing the A7 (just wish they would do a Rs7 body with a tunes 3.0TDI). I have never liked wagons HB's or SUV's. The flat back sides do nothing for me. Kinda like women...don't want no pancake booty girl.

Going out to test drive a 535d and will see how i like it. Just wish I didn't have to get a damn 4-door to get a decent diesel in the U.S.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #46
Thumper333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
Going out to test drive a 535d and will see how i like it. Just wish I didn't have to get a damn 4-door to get a decent diesel in the U.S.
Welcome to our pain.

I wanted a diesel wagon, there are only TWO options in the US (The Jetta/Golf Sportwagon and the F31). And the Jetta/Golf wagon is not sold in the USA in it's 4motion AWD version, so if you want an AWD diesel wagon.....you're buying a F31 or you're not getting a car.

Luckily the F31 is a damn good vehicle, but I would have preferred choices. The vehicles I would be interested in all exist already in Europe. The Golf comes in AWD over there, the Allroad comes with a 4cyl or that beastly 3.0 v6 TDI, BMW sells the 5 series Touring with the straight 6cyl......

But none of that is for sale here, not even on custom order....and that's sad. Because other than government regulation and interference, there is no reason I couldn't special order the car I want (how is the 3.0TDI Allroad any different in crashes than the 2.0T model really?) and that would have no affect on the dealer's stock or having cars no one else wants.

It's understandable (sort of) that I can't order a Scirroco, but to say I can't have an engine configuration in a vehicle we already have access to......that's just stupid.

If we could, I would be right there with you for a diesel coupe, I'd love a TT TDI, put a tune and some meth injection on it......
2015 Audi S3 Misano Red | 19" Sport pack w/Mag Ride | B&O
1983 Porsche 944 All stock
Appreciate 0