F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Door Actuator Fuses
Studio RSR

05-03-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
yogi2472
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive

Door Actuator Fuses

My passenger side door is lock and i cant open with the remote, pull handle, or center unlock switch. Could it be a bad fuse? Anyone know which fuses I should look at?

I already a new actuator to replace, but need to get the door open to replace it.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
volk50
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i

I doubt it's the fuse if you can't open it manually.

I currently have a similar issue, passenger side front door will not unlock with the button or remote. I can unlock/lock and open it manually though. I'm hoping it's just a fuse, but I checked the three in the trunk and they were fine. I still need to check the last one that's in the engine bay though.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 01:08 AM   #3
yogi2472
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive

It was not the fuses. I was able to get the door panel of with door closed with some trims tools and some pulling. I replaced the door lock actuator and now everything works.
Appreciate 2
Rebound152.50
      04-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #4
duhec
Tame racing driver
Rep
Drives: 2019 F31 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by volk50 View Post
I doubt it's the fuse if you can't open it manually.

I currently have a similar issue, passenger side front door will not unlock with the button or remote. I can unlock/lock and open it manually though. I'm hoping it's just a fuse, but I checked the three in the trunk and they were fine. I still need to check the last one that's in the engine bay though.
I have this issue also where I can open the passenger door with the handle but not with the inside button/keyfob/comfort access entry.

How did you fix it?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #5
Bkeller90
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i (G20)

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by duhec View Post
I have this issue also where I can open the passenger door with the handle but not with the inside button/keyfob/comfort access entry.

How did you fix it?
Same issue here. My passenger door will not unlock with the fob or center button. I need to use the interior handle to unlock it. It will, however, lock along with the other doors when the fob or center button is pressed. I’m not sure if this is a fuse or actuator issue.

Help!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 09:39 PM   #6
idopullups
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Garage List
2014 328xi  [0.00]
2014 328xi (totaled)  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkeller90 View Post
Same issue here. My passenger door will not unlock with the fob or center button. I need to use the interior handle to unlock it. It will, however, lock along with the other doors when the fob or center button is pressed. I’m not sure if this is a fuse or actuator issue.

Help!
I'm having this same issue. Any updates?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 02:08 PM   #7
zatelli
Private First Class
Morocco
Rep
Drives: 2013 RWD F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkeller90 View Post

Help!
As long as you can use the fob to lock the door, then the fuse is fine. Check your actuator's mechanism: if after using some graphite lube it doesn't lock and unlock normally with the other doors, then you should replace it.

For your reference, here is the diagram with the fuse numbers, if you don't have the fuse diagram attached to the REM fuse box (in the compartment in the trunk , next to the combox)
I look forward to hearing you fixed that door locking problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 02:44 PM   #8
Jimi43210
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW f31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zatelli View Post
As long as you can use the fob to lock the door, then the fuse is fine. Check your actuator's mechanism: if after using some graphite lube it doesn't lock and unlock normally with the other doors, then you should replace it.

For your reference, here is the diagram with the fuse numbers, if you don't have the fuse diagram attached to the REM fuse box (in the compartment in the trunk , next to the combox)
I look forward to hearing you fixed that door locking problem.
Hi

I registered so I could ask if you know which number of the 4 lock fuses is the passenger side door? I have the same problem as the above post.... Just the passenger side lock not electronically working but does open with internal latch. I am sure I have taken out and replaced the 4 fuses 22, 104, 150, 163 but each time tried the locks and 3 worked but not the passenger side ..... Am I gonna have to take door panel off as I wouldnt know how
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 07:49 AM   #9
zatelli
Private First Class
Morocco
Rep
Drives: 2013 RWD F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi43210 View Post
Hi

I registered so I could ask if you know which number of the 4 lock fuses is the passenger side door? I have the same problem as the above post.... Just the passenger side lock not electronically working but does open with internal latch. I am sure I have taken out and replaced the 4 fuses 22, 104, 150, 163 but each time tried the locks and 3 worked but not the passenger side ..... Am I gonna have to take door panel off as I wouldnt know how
Hello mate, welcome to the forum. You should only replace fuses if they are blown (same amp rating & orientation), so this rules out the fuses.
The symptoms you're depicting are those of a failing door lock actuator, as the lock can still be released manually, as such I would replace the lock actuator, and to do so, you'll need to remove the door panel, then the soundproofing foam, then replace the actuator.
Here's a video for your reference
Make sure you test the locking/ unlocking a few times before putting things back together.
FYI, door locks start failing around the 140-160k km into the life the vehicle, yet it could fail earlier or much later.
Feel free to let me know if you need further help.
Appreciate 0