F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Best drying towels ever
ARMA SPEED

12-26-2018, 08:59 PM   #23
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
Silver. I usually like a shade of silver/grey. Hides dirt and water spots better - less maintenance.
100% true, I’ve had 3 silver cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 07:51 AM   #24
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
Ok so here's why I don't care about the "dust" that I'm "sandblasting" my car with.

The ground surface is wet around the whole area of my car. Where is the dust coming from?

I have enough Protection on my car that any dust particle that should be airborne and make its way into the turbine mechanism of the leaf blower isn't large enough to make any noticeable sand blast effect on my paint surface. I don't blow dry my car during dust storms just like any other normal person.

Forced air will always be less abrasive than dragging anything, no matter how soft a material, across the surface area of my paint per square inch of surface.

To answer your question, no I don't use a filter of any sort when using the leaf blower to dry my car. I'm not really trying to be smart arse if that's how I'm coming off, that is just the best way for me to explain my logic.
Fair enough. i didn't even think about the ground being wet since you just washed the car. My driveway is on a hill so the water runs down it easily and in the summer months it dries pretty quick. You make a good point about the forced air vs. dragging. I may look into a battery powered leaf blower for just this purpose now since what you said makes perfect sense.

all this time ive been utilizing the water sheeting method and microfibers along with spray wax to dry. Using a leaf blower will cut down that time and get in all the door jams, etc...
      12-27-2018, 05:34 PM   #25
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
Ok so here's why I don't care about the "dust" that I'm "sandblasting" my car with.

The ground surface is wet around the whole area of my car. Where is the dust coming from?

I have enough Protection on my car that any dust particle that should be airborne and make its way into the turbine mechanism of the leaf blower isn't large enough to make any noticeable sand blast effect on my paint surface. I don't blow dry my car during dust storms just like any other normal person.

Forced air will always be less abrasive than dragging anything, no matter how soft a material, across the surface area of my paint per square inch of surface.

To answer your question, no I don't use a filter of any sort when using the leaf blower to dry my car. I'm not really trying to be smart arse if that's how I'm coming off, that is just the best way for me to explain my logic.
Fair enough. i didn't even think about the ground being wet since you just washed the car. My driveway is on a hill so the water runs down it easily and in the summer months it dries pretty quick. You make a good point about the forced air vs. dragging. I may look into a battery powered leaf blower for just this purpose now since what you said makes perfect sense.

all this time ive been utilizing the water sheeting method and microfibers along with spray wax to dry. Using a leaf blower will cut down that time and get in all the door jams, etc...
Thanks for your reply. Dewalt makes a great one. Battery powered around $100. Don't forget all the water that get stuck in the emblems, mirrors, grills, whee lugs.
Appreciate 0