F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > XHP Trans Tune - Experiences and reviews?
Studio RSR

06-01-2022, 05:38 PM   #287
AMG KLR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by turas View Post
Could You tell me exactly where it is? I can only read adaptation values.
If you are smart enough to need to reset transmission adaptations, you can probably read the manual on xHP's website
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 07:57 PM   #288
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Finally got a situation where I could bang through all the gears in sport+. Wow... HUGE difference on sport+ vs sport on the Stage 2 tune. Shifts are insanely crisp.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 05:27 PM   #289
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i, AT, BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
Finally got a situation where I could bang through all the gears in sport+. Wow... HUGE difference on sport+ vs sport on the Stage 2 tune. Shifts are insanely crisp.
I am also on stage 2, but haven't had a chance to try that. Street :-|
My 2017 M240i: MHD, xHP, Modded OE Intake, AA GESi 400 CPSI Cat DP, Dinan Mid-pipe, M Performance LSD & Rear Diffuser, BMS Exhaust Tips, Apex EC-7 Wheels, M-Tech Front Lip, iND Painted Mirror Caps, Smoked Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 05:58 PM   #290
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWT View Post
I am also on stage 2, but haven't had a chance to try that. Street :-|
Normally I just drive in sport, but pulled on the highway going to work tossed it into sport+, and was able to bang through all 8 gears. It was a bit glorious!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 07:00 PM   #291
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
...It was a bit glorious!
I need to find a long, empty entrance ramp... without
My 2017 M240i: MHD, xHP, Modded OE Intake, AA GESi 400 CPSI Cat DP, Dinan Mid-pipe, M Performance LSD & Rear Diffuser, BMS Exhaust Tips, Apex EC-7 Wheels, M-Tech Front Lip, iND Painted Mirror Caps, Smoked Reflectors
Appreciate 1
Wires1645.50
      06-28-2022, 07:14 PM   #292
ErikB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36 440ix

Hi guys, I have a stock 440i, just did the stage 2 Xhp flash. What I didn't see is the 50 mile recommendation. I went with through 3rd a few times the first day. car fel great at first, by the end of the day 3rd/4th gear just feels flat, like it's down 50hp or so. I have since driven 200 miles driving normally with the occasional pulls from 1st to 4th. same deal.

Did I screw up the trans learning? Should I flash back to stock for 100mi and just start over?

sorry for the newb question, I haven't seen anyone ask something similar.

Erik
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 11:11 AM   #293
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e39 m5 e46 m3 g01 x3m40i

Do you have gear display option set, and do you have the digital cluster?

If so then in S/M mode where xHP shows gear display is shown (because gear display option is for all D/S/M modes), that information is "redundant", isn't it to the gear information already shown by the car? If redundant, then "would have been" nice to just have gear # information displayed only in D-mode.
Appreciate 1
ocdx30.00
      07-04-2022, 09:12 AM   #294
B58
Major
Rep
Drives: 922 Turbo

Currently running the Stage 2. For example when I'm cruising at 70 mph and hit the pedal to the metal with the shift lever set to S mode, is it normal for it to down shift to 4th gear for a couple seconds then down shift to 3rd gear? I can't recall the stock flash doing this. I'm wondering if i set the stock shift points through XHP it will fix this.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 10:05 AM   #295
nosam1g
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58 View Post
Currently running the Stage 2. For example when I'm cruising at 70 mph and hit the pedal to the metal with the shift lever set to S mode, is it normal for it to down shift to 4th gear for a couple seconds then down shift to 3rd gear? I can't recall the stock flash doing this. I'm wondering if i set the stock shift points through XHP it will fix this.
mine still does this to 2nd when i do my logs sometimes .. the computer downshifts.. no xhp installed
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 04:02 PM   #296
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Recently, after carefully reading the OTS map details, I switched from stg3 to stg2 because there are some features in stg3 that I didn't want/need.
However, I found the stg2 OTS shift maps for D and S to be too close together. There didn't seem to be enough difference between them.
So, I decided to try the "Relaxed" and "Sportive" OTS shift maps. I found those to be too far apart and the "Sportive" was too aggressive for my tastes.
So, then I decided to try the shift map editor feature. My goal was to make the stg2 Drive map a little more relaxed and the Sport map a little more aggressive. I used the settings below and am happy with the results. Now, there is a noticeable difference between D and S, but it's not "too much".
I thought I'd share my settings in case someone else feels the same about the stg2 OTS shift maps and might want to try my settings. Enjoy!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2022, 11:58 PM   #297
nosam1g
First Lieutenant
Rep

installed xhp on friday and let it adapt over 100 miles ..
first impression it feels really good since my car is on mhd stg 2 so it feels like there is no bottle neck when i wanna have some fun .. but holy in just reg drive mode the shift points are extreme .. ill be doing 38 and its in 7th .. like bruh i get it maybe in eco .. but man who the hell coded the reg drive to be so shift happy .. anyway to fix this ? the stock reg drive mode was pretty good

i also feel a jolt maybe from the trans at first it was very noticeable , now its kind of subtle , not sure what it is

Edit: jolt went away .. think the trans learned the new flash completely and jolt is gone

Last edited by nosam1g; 07-24-2022 at 12:55 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2022, 08:05 AM   #298
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosam1g View Post
installed xhp on friday and let it adapt over 100 miles ..
first impression it feels really good since my car is on mhd stg 2 so it feels like there is no bottle neck when i wanna have some fun .. but holy in just reg drive mode the shift points are extreme .. ill be doing 38 and its in 7th .. like bruh i get it maybe in eco .. but man who the hell coded the reg drive to be so shift happy .. anyway to fix this ? the stock reg drive mode was pretty good

i also feel a jolt maybe from the trans at first it was very noticeable , now its kind of subtle , not sure what it is
Regardless of which stage you flashed, you can opt to use stock shift points or create your own custom maps.
RTFM ;-) https://rbttuning.atlassian.net/wiki...Custom+Options

Last edited by PeterWT; 07-10-2022 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 07:45 PM   #299
Fax22
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Coupe

I just flashed my F32 with xHP last night. I just finished doing the drive-in period today so tomorrow I plan on running it harder with Sport+ to see how it feels. I'll report back, but even under moderate driving and some quick take offs here and there, its def much snappier, even in comfort.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 08:32 PM   #300
B58
Major
Rep
Drives: 922 Turbo

Quote:
Regardless of which stage you flashed, you can opt to use stock shift points or create your own custom maps.
RTFM ;-) https://rbttuning.atlassian.net/wiki...Custom+Options
So this pretty much just keeps the stock shift points and how the car drove without a flash, but the XHP features like the quicker shifts and line pressure increase is still applied?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2022, 12:46 AM   #301
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Yes
      07-16-2022, 11:43 AM   #302
Fax22
Rep

Quote:
Recently, after carefully reading the OTS map details, I switched from stg3 to stg2 because there are some features in stg3 that I didn't want/need.
However, I found the stg2 OTS shift maps for D and S to be too close together. There didn't seem to be enough difference between them.
So, I decided to try the "Relaxed" and "Sportive" OTS shift maps. I found those to be too far apart and the "Sportive" was too aggressive for my tastes.
So, then I decided to try the shift map editor feature. My goal was to make the stg2 Drive map a little more relaxed and the Sport map a little more aggressive. I used the settings below and am happy with the results. Now, there is a noticeable difference between D and S, but it's not "too much".
I thought I'd share my settings in case someone else feels the same about the stg2 OTS shift maps and might want to try my settings. Enjoy!
My biggest issue right now is that with BM3 there seems to be some low rpm lugging with the powertrain when I push the gas in at a higher gear and in D.
I feel like the car should downshift a little bit easier even in comfort. Do these settings feel a little smoother and easy on the powertrain when just doing normal daily driving?
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2022, 09:51 AM   #303
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fax22 View Post
My biggest issue right now is that with BM3 there seems to be some low rpm lugging with the powertrain when I push the gas in at a higher gear and in D.
I feel like the car should downshift a little bit easier even in comfort. Do these settings feel a little smoother and easy on the powertrain when just doing normal daily driving?
The custom Drive settings I posted above would worsen the issue you described because it would be less inclined to downshift in Drive. To address your issue, you could try using the settings I posted for Sport, but apply them to Drive. That would make it hold each gear a little longer and be more inclined to downshift.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 09:57 AM   #304
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58 View Post
So this pretty much just keeps the stock shift points and how the car drove without a flash, but the XHP features like the quicker shifts and line pressure increase is still applied?
As Skyhigh stated, yes.

However, it's important to note that the "stock" shift maps may not be exactly what your car came with from the factory because xHP does not keep a backup of your original settings. It uses the current factory settings that xHP has for your trans code.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2022, 01:46 PM   #305
Fax22
Rep

Quote:
The custom Drive settings I posted above would worsen the issue you described because it would be less inclined to downshift in Drive. To address your issue, you could try using the settings I posted for Sport, but apply them to Drive. That would make it hold each gear a little longer and be more inclined to downshift.
Yes, thats exactly what I was thinking. Thank you for clarifying!
Ill have to give this a shot this weekend when Im free from work and have time to mess with it.

Other than that everything has been fun and fast.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 02:12 PM   #306
blacksapphire440i
Novice
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
As Skyhigh stated, yes.

However, it's important to note that the "stock" shift maps may not be exactly what your car came with from the factory because xHP does not keep a backup of your original settings. It uses the current factory settings that xHP has for your trans code.
I had no clue about that.... Thanks for letting me know because I did go back to stock shift maps because the xHP stage 3 was wanting to stay in low rpms all the darn time and I noticed that the stock shift maps were totally different from the shift maps we get from BMW themselves. The setting still has made a huge improvement though
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2022, 07:12 PM   #307
nosam1g
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksapphire440i View Post
I had no clue about that.... Thanks for letting me know because I did go back to stock shift maps because the xHP stage 3 was wanting to stay in low rpms all the darn time and I noticed that the stock shift maps were totally different from the shift maps we get from BMW themselves. The setting still has made a huge improvement though
so how did u get the stock shift points ? you flash go back to stock or ? i really like stg 3 but main ill be going 37 and its in 7th gear ..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 09:17 PM   #308
blacksapphire440i
Novice
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosam1g View Post
so how did u get the stock shift points ? you flash go back to stock or ? i really like stg 3 but main ill be going 37 and its in 7th gear ..
enable the stock shift points. It won't completely fix the problem but it works. Most of the time it shifts between 1.5K-2K RPMs and only goes in 7th/8th when on the highway or if I'm cruising with very light throttle w/ 40mph max speed limit.
Appreciate 0