F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F30 N55 Error Codes, Rough Idle, Loss in power
Studio RSR

07-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #1
bendeyo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 N55 335XI

F30 N55 Error Codes, Rough Idle, Loss in power

Hi Gang,
I'm a long time lurker on this forum for DIY projects and just joined because I'm getting frustrated trying to diagnose the following issues. I'm hoping with your expertise I can finally lock down some of the issues I've been having.

Car: 2013 335xi F30 N55 Manual Transmission 106k Miles
Mods: VRSF Chargepipe, VRSF Catless Downpipe, JB4 Map 5 on 91 octane, Drop in K&N

I've attached the error codes I'm running into and also listed them below. I'm using BimmerLink and have cleared the codes multiple times and these keep coming back. I know 180001 is linked to the catless downpipe and i believe 102001 is also a tuner code but the others I can't figure out.

Error Memory:
Central Gateway Module
801C20: CENTRAL FAULT MEMORY FULL
Digital Engine Electronics
180001: CATALYST: EFFICIENCY BELOW LIMIT
102001: AIR MASS, PLAUSIBILITY: AIR MASS TOO HIGH
101F01: THROTTLE ANGLE - ABSOLUTE PRESSURE INTAKE MANIFOLD, COMPARISON:PRESSURE TOO HIGH

Info Memory:
Integrated Chassis Management
482651: FLOATING ANGLE ESTIMATOR - INPUTS NOT VALID SBS
482656: FLOATING ANGLE ESTIMATOR - INTERNAL DEGRADATION DUE TO SBS
4827A0: SBS FUNCTION - ROLL RATE - ERROR AMPLITUDE DUE TO SUSPECTED ERROR
4827A4: SBS FUNCTION - PITCH RATE - ERROR AMPLITUDE DUE TO SUSPECTED ERROR
482782: STEERING ANGLE PLACEMENT ALGORITHM - MOUNTED BY INDEX SIGNAL
Dynamic Stability Control
480AB5: TRANSFER CASE LONG-TERM PROTECTION FUNCTION REQUESTED BY
THE LMV

Permanent Errors:
Digital Engine Electronics: FF1800: Unknown error

Recent Services: All DIY
Valve Cover Gasket at 100k miles
Coolant expansion tank hose
Spark plugs/new coils same time as valve cover gasket
Drive belt tensioner/idler pulley
ABS wheel speed sensor(Front Left)
Oil Change at 103k miles

Valve cover gasket was changed due to a small oil leak on my downpipe creating some smoke. I changed the tensioner/idler pulley due to the tensioner rocking back and forth at idle but the new one seems to do the same thing...I changed the ABS wheel speed sensor due to a drivetrain malfunction which listed that sensor as the issue and then got the same error the next day...

The car seems to rock back and forth a bit when I first start it up like a really rough idle but then seems to smooth out. The RPM gauge doesn't look to be jumping around which I guess is good but the car just feels like it's running rough. I also get a sporadic/intermittent hesitation when driving up hills like the car loses power for a split second then is fine again(very quick like the car hit a bump). I thought the new plugs/coils would fix this but they don't seem to have.

I've also noticed that if I get on the throttle the car seems like it's bogging down like i'm in the wrong gear at first then picks back up. I've read this could be a fuel pump issue but I assumed that would throw a code but haven't seen one. I have a hunch this is a tuning issue and have considered recently switching to BM3 for a more reliable flash tune compared to the piggy back.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Error memory-14-07-2020.pdf (20.8 KB, 80 views)
File Type: pdf Info memory-14-07-2020.pdf (21.8 KB, 72 views)
File Type: pdf Permanent errors-14-07-2020.pdf (18.2 KB, 38 views)
Appreciate 0