F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > UDE and loyalty discounts
Studio RSR

10-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #1
rtb001
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i - 2016 X3 28i

UDE and loyalty discounts

Hi all:

We are in the market for a new car, likely some sort of SUV, so naturally the X3 or X5 is in our consideration (I actually really liked the new X1, but wife says it's "too low" ).

Anyway, in addition to any discounts and year end promotions they may be running, I remember seeing threads about additional ways you can get a discount. Maybe those of you with experience can help me out with a couple of possible discounts.

When I first bought my 328i in 2013, I remember the salesman saying had I previously owned a BMW, I would be able to get a $1000 loyalty discount. Also, on the BMW Ultimate Driving Experience website, it states if you sign up for the event, come to it, then you will get a code for a $1000 purchase/lease incentive about 48 hours after you checked in to the event. Conveniently here's an UDE event in NYC next month that I can pretty easily hop up to and attend.

So I am hoping I could have $2000 extra discount coming my way, maybe mixed in with any year end promotions. There's about 10 BMW dealers within driving distance of where I live, so I might get a sizable discount with everything put together, particularly if there's some left over 2015 model year car that they are obviously trying harder to sell.

So here are my questions:

1. Does the $1000 loyalty discount still exist?

2. Are the loyalty and UDE discounts applied at the dealer when you buy/lease your car, or are they like rebates that you get later on?

3. I won't be able to get the UDE code until middle of November. Say there's one great deal on a particularly vehicle I have my eye on right now, and I'm concerned maybe it might get sold in the next couple of weeks, are you able to do the deal now, and then retroactively apply the UDE discount? Or would you have to wait until you get the actual code? (I figure I'd probably have to wait until I get the code).

4. Are these things you can pretty easily add on at the end of your negotiations at the dealership? I figure the dealer shouldn't mind to much, because isn't it true that these incentives are funded by BMW and don't really impact the dealership's bottom line that much?

Thanks in advance for any advice/prior experience people have on this matter!
Appreciate 0