F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F32 Passenger Seat Movement
ARMA SPEED

02-05-2019, 07:37 PM   #1
Elliot435
England
Rep
Drives: 435i F32

F32 Passenger Seat Movement

So one that's started to annoy me. If I have a passenger in the rear seats and they want to get out, they need to fold the front seat down, then open the door, then move the seat forward with the button up by the headrest.

The button by the headrest doesn't do anything when the door is closed. Seems like BMW just didn't think of this, as its fairly hard for the rear seat passenger to reach all the way forward to the door handle and then open the door before they're able to move the seat forward...

Anyone know of a way to code out having to open the door before moving the seat?

Zito ZF15 20" MPS4S, MHD Stage 2, Wagner Decat, PE mod...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 03:39 AM   #2
Elliot435
England
Rep

Bumpety bump bump

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 08:45 AM   #3
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Logic dictates that the reason for a person being in the rear seat is that the front seat is occupied, so said front seat occupant would open the front door before the rear seat occupant could get out of the car. That enables the seat to be moved. Not allowing the seat to be moved with the door closed is probably a safety measure, and safety measures are rarely able to be coded out. If it can be coded out you would be able to find that in the E-SYS cheat sheets.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 12:15 PM   #4
Elliot435
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Logic dictates that the reason for a person being in the rear seat is that the front seat is occupied, so said front seat occupant would open the front door before the rear seat occupant could get out of the car. That enables the seat to be moved. Not allowing the seat to be moved with the door closed is probably a safety measure, and safety measures are rarely able to be coded out. If it can be coded out you would be able to find that in the E-SYS cheat sheets.

Sorry thought I'd replied to this.

I think the Germans had very flawed logic when they thought of this. If the person in the front has already got out, and we drive to anoher place with a person still in the back, how are they meant to get out without loads of hassle? Or was their thinking that the person in the back should always move into the front seat if it isn't occupied.....

Would you have any idea if I'd be able to do it in Bimmercode? Or are you literally gonna go tell me to look at the cheat sheets again lol

Can anyone else help???

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 05:21 PM   #5
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A slow car

I’d like to know about this too, some of my front seat passengers get out and seem to forget about those in the rear..
Woes of a 2 door car!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 08:57 AM   #6
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Seeing as the rear seats are suitable only for children and Peter Dinklage one would expect that immediately upon the front seat being vacated that said rear sear occupant would make their way to the front seat posthaste.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 03:26 AM   #7
Elliot435
England
Rep

Quote:
Seeing as the rear seats are suitable only for children and Peter Dinklage one would expect that immediately upon the front seat being vacated that said rear sear occupant would make their way to the front seat posthaste.
I actually don't think the rear seats are that bad honestly. Have lots of people use them and no one has moaned about it being too cramped back there yet... Unless they're keeping quiet about it hmmm

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 07:51 AM   #8
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I chalk that up to people being used to rear seats being sized for dwarfs. It's like my trip to New York last week to see a Broadway show, where the seating assumes that no one is taller than five foot eight or weighs more than 150 pounds, and that a single four holer ladies bathroom can accommodate 800 women in a twenty minute intermission.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 10:19 AM   #9
luckstr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White BMW440i Hardtop Converti

Quote:
I chalk that up to people being used to rear seats being sized for dwarfs. It's like my trip to New York last week to see a Broadway show, where the seating assumes that no one is taller than five foot eight or weighs more than 150 pounds, and that a single four holer ladies bathroom can accommodate 800 women in a twenty minute intermission.
2017 440i Convertible: I would feel extremely guilty putting anyone over 5ft/100# in the backseat of this car.
Appreciate 0