F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Lane Departure Warning / Speed Limit Info
ARMA SPEED

03-20-2014, 04:51 AM   #67
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
If you have KAFAS module, you should be able to add 5AC and VO code FEM_BODY to get HBA.

The problem as you wrote is you have no switch to toggle HBA On and Off.

As a workaround, in F10 FRM (Front Light Module), you could code FRM => FLA_AUTO_AKTIV => aktiv, which would make HBA on as the default.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #68
Fluffy bastard
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
If I understood this thread correctly all I need to do to get HbA is to do the VO coding for it?

I have LDW as part of 5AS.

So do I just add 5AC then VO code KAFAS2?

Is this just the on/off or is it the variable high beam assist? How do I keep it turned on as obviously I will not have the button on the stalk to turn it on.
KAFAS2, KOMBI and FEM. You have to change your switch center in steering column (SZL) to.
      08-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #69
F31Bimmerman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MY2014 328d xDrive touring

So I have my car, I have all the assistants except for HBA, I have LDW, SLI, FCW, blind spot detection and all the parking cameras.

If I code the auto on for HBA, doesn't it require a controller/motor to move the beams out of the oncoming traffic view? I know my beams can go up and down, but I'm I'm sure they are able to go left and right.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 11:21 PM   #70
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F31Bimmerman View Post
So I have my car, I have all the assistants except for HBA, I have LDW, SLI, FCW, blind spot detection and all the parking cameras.

If I code the auto on for HBA, doesn't it require a controller/motor to move the beams out of the oncoming traffic view? I know my beams can go up and down, but I'm I'm sure they are able to go left and right.
HBA just automatically toggles the high-beam to low-beam when the KAFAS camera detects oncoming traffic, or you are approaching a vehicle from the rear. It works the same as you manually toggling it your self with the steering wheel stalk. It is just a sensor (KAFAS Camera) and switch (stalk).

You are thinking of the Glare Free High Beams, which requires HBA and AHL, with the light motors being part of the Adaptive Head Light function.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 05:49 AM   #71
F31Bimmerman
Private First Class
Rep

Gotcha, I was under the impression that the HBA was the same as AHL.
I was thinking of wiring a my own switch for HBA since I don't have it on the stalk that I would add near the other FCW, LDW and ABSD buttons, if that doesn't work I may just buy the assembly that has the stalk button...

My next question would be: Is AHL a documented retrofit? Do I need to change the whole lights assembly or can I just bolt on the motors and controllers complete with wiring and then coding?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #72
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
It's a big job and a lot of money. See this post:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=938803

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #73
F31Bimmerman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
It's a big job and a lot of money. See this post:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=938803
I read through the page and it seems like that retrofit is for going from halogens to xenons, I already have xenons, what I don't have is HBA and AHL. Can those be retrofitted or is my car already equipped with everything I need to enable this via coding?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #74
obriennathaniel
@obriennathaniel_f30 on Instagram
United_States
Rep
Drives: 582whp/596wtq '13 335i

So my 335 has LDW.....but i guess its turned off? Im not sure how to turn it on. I have the Blind spot assist thing off cuz thats annoying as hell, are the two related?

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #75
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel View Post
So my 335 has LDW.....but i guess its turned off? Im not sure how to turn it on. I have the Blind spot assist thing off cuz thats annoying as hell, are the two related?
Active Blind Spot Detection uses Radar Sensors, and Lane Departure Warning uses Camera, either FLA or KAFAS. The only thing they have in common is they both vibrate the steering wheel.

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #76
Fenster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi

Quote:
Like Shawn said, they're not really related, but if you do have LDW the switch to turn it on is by your left knee, below the headlight control.
      08-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #77
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
Like Shawn said, they're not really related, but if you do have LDW the switch to turn it on is by your left knee, below the headlight control.
Yea I noticed the switch, but it still never does anything? i guess its broken?

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #78
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Yea I noticed the switch, but it still never does anything? i guess its broken?
If your car was used... apparently the dealer will code off the steering wheel vibrate feature. One of my friends had that done for his 3 series...

so it's possible this was done at the dealer and that is why you never can "feel" it working... To see if its turned on (besides at the switch), in your dash between your speed and RPM, you will see two vertical yellow lines. When your driving, you will see triangles pointing towards the lines if the road has a yellow or white stripe on one side, and a dotted or solid line on the other...
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #79
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcornwellatl View Post
If your car was used... apparently the dealer will code off the steering wheel vibrate feature. One of my friends had that done for his 3 series...

so it's possible this was done at the dealer and that is why you never can "feel" it working... To see if its turned on (besides at the switch), in your dash between your speed and RPM, you will see two vertical yellow lines. When your driving, you will see triangles pointing towards the lines if the road has a yellow or white stripe on one side, and a dotted or solid line on the other...
Well nevermind, I guess i dont have it because the only switch that is there is for Blind spot assist shit. I assumed I had it because I can "see" the display on my cluster but its never lit up. I have all the cameras on my car and all that, can it be turned on?

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #80
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Well nevermind, I guess i dont have it because the only switch that is there is for Blind spot assist shit. I assumed I had it because I can "see" the display on my cluster but its never lit up. I have all the cameras on my car and all that, can it be turned on?
Not sure it can be turned on without a FSC code. Can't remember if you said you coded or not - but if you do - get a dump of all the different models - then expand them all - and you will see the FSC codes for what you "can" activate without buying and installing one of their activating keys...

I think you can also retro fit the switch - I remember seeing somebody posting this in here or one of the forums...

on your cluster, remember they don't make a cluster for each car, its one size fits all- and if the sun hits your dash right, you will see all the little indicators, etc that you may or may not have available.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #81
gramoz1
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 316d sport

Speed limit display

Hello everyone.

I Bought a BMW F30 (316D sport), and I order optional packages such as Navigation system Professional, Visibility package, Active Security package (Lane change warning system, Driving Assistant, camera on the back of rear view mirror) but i did not add the Speed limit display(£220)! I was wondering if its possible to add any FSC Code in order to add the Speed limit display?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #82
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramoz1 View Post
Hello everyone.

I Bought a BMW F30 (316D sport), and I order optional packages such as Navigation system Professional, Visibility package, Active Security package (Lane change warning system, Driving Assistant, camera on the back of rear view mirror) but i did not add the Speed limit display(£220)! I was wondering if its possible to add any FSC Code in order to add the Speed limit display?
You can try. I have yet to hear of anyone though successfully getting a 7E FSC Code for SLI from BMW AG.

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #83
gramoz1
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 316d sport

Quote:
You can try. I have yet to hear of anyone though successfully getting a 7E FSC Code for SLI from BMW AG.
but had the option to order it for £220,

Do you recon if I ask them now, would they do it?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 04:48 PM   #84
myfxp
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
In any event, you will not find a VO Code to set LDW on by default, so you will have to find the FDL Code. The ANZEIGEVARIANTE FDL Code is what it is in first generation KAFAS ECU, but with KAFAS2, it must be something else:
As nobody has posted the solution to this here yet, AFAICS:

Indeed there is no such "ANZEIGEVARIANTE" FDL code in KAFAS2 anymore, but there is a renamed one (sometimes it's an advantage to be able to translate German into English ):

KAFAS2 => 3020 TLC_CODING, 0B => DISPLAY_VARIANT

This was set here to value "04" (= "lanes_if_system_is_on,_arrows_side_dependant_ on_ availability") by default anyway, but you may want to check it.

BUT: That does not set LDW on by default (it's even unclear what it really does). If you want to set LDW on by default in an F3x car with KAFAS2 ('cause you don't have the dashboard switch), set the following:

KAFAS2 => 3020 TLC_CODING, 0B => TLC_START_VERSION => 01 (you need to change the hex value itself here!)

This will lead to an "UNKNOWN" value, but don't be confused, it's correct. The default is "PIA_mode = 03".

The full set of all required codings for a plain and stand-alone working LDW (and also of all unnecessary and even harmful ones imposed by VO coding of 5AD to an F3x with KAFAS2 which need to be removed) can be found in these Bimmerfest posts:
HTH.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 05:34 PM   #85
nynd
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7 M8 Convert

So what does all this mean, can you add SLI to a car that has LDW? Seems its not as easy to simply code as I saw some mention of a code from BMW AG?
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2015, 05:37 PM   #86
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynd View Post
So what does all this mean, can you add SLI to a car that has LDW? Seems its not as easy to simply code as I saw some mention of a code from BMW AG?
It means if a car has Lane Departure Warning (LDW) it has the requisite hardware for Speed Limit Info (SLI) as they both use the same Camera / ECU. But again, without a 7E FSC Enabling Code, you cannot enable it.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 06:00 PM   #87
nynd
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7 M8 Convert

Quote:
It means if a car has Lane Departure Warning (LDW) it has the requisite hardware for Speed Limit Info (SLI) as they both use the same Camera / ECU. But again, without a 7E FSC Enabling Code, you cannot enable it.
Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 03:09 AM   #88
pauricmcb
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Can this code be bought and any idea how much it is?
Appreciate 0