F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F32 front bumper fangs?
GetBMWParts

06-26-2019, 08:03 AM   #1
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

F32 front bumper fangs?

Does anyone know of any similar looking F32 carbon valances/fangs?

I really want the MOD ones, but they're nearly $600 plus import duty and taxes into the UK.

I was recommended some from Aliexpress that look like this:

But the seller hasn't posted them since I paid (5 days ago) and comparing them to the MOD ones now I don't know if I like them as much.. the MOD ones are so much more refined and these look like something you might get free in a packet of cereal.
      06-29-2019, 04:14 AM   #2
jeffwiinF36
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe F36

Link to the aliexpress version?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 06:02 PM   #3
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328245...l1561849315637
      07-02-2019, 09:48 AM   #4
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

For what it's worth, I cancelled my order and I'm still awaiting a refund.. the seller seems to be non existent.

Ordered the proper ones from Morph as they had a 40% off sale, just gotta wait for them to be shipped to the UK now :-)
      07-02-2019, 09:57 AM   #5
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by producerlawson View Post
For what it's worth, I cancelled my order and I'm still awaiting a refund.. the seller seems to be non existent.

Ordered the proper ones from Morph as they had a 40% off sale, just gotta wait for them to be shipped to the UK now :-)

Hope you get your order. Random scattered comments/concerns of MAD being a scamming or selective scamming company. Some get their parts and are happy. From their IG:
Quote:
100000% SCAM ALERT, had multiple friends order M4 carbon parts and the quality and fit is absolutely horrendous. They will never provide and shipping number to you and the only way to contact is by email, which they dont answer. Google them and they have a phone number, when we called just some random guy had no clue what I was talking about. My friends and I were very much convinced based on their website quality and social media presence that this would be an awesome place to get parts from. NOT. F*** YOU @morphautodesign
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 10:19 AM   #6
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
Hope you get your order. Random scattered comments/concerns of MAD being a scamming or selective scamming company. Some get their parts and are happy. From their IG:
Yeah I noticed their google reviews ain't great either.

I think there's a huge lack of real communication and quality control - I guess they've got very little stock of everything and only order stock quantities when required to.

Funnily enough they were super responsive when I enquired but have been very quiet since Wednesday last week, even my Facebook messages aren't delivering anymore. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though.

Last edited by fortythirtyfive; 07-02-2019 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 05:10 PM   #7
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

*side note - just heard back from MAD with tracking and it's already arrived in the UK.

So far so good, I'll report back on the quality of carbon once I receive them.
      07-08-2019, 05:08 PM   #8
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

So update:

Unfortunately Parcelforce picked up the UK side of shipping, who are awful.. but who doesn't know that? They often take 2-3 weeks just to clear shipping before adding a £20 handling charge on top of tax (for doing nothing).

Anyway, PF failed to deliver them so I had to collect them personally during the weekend and this is how it went down.

The brand contents are cool, you get a really epic magnet presentation box with flyers, a carbon fiber pen and usb stick. Plus some heavy duty branded keychain hook.. I guess this is why you pay so much right? Well, no.. you pay that much for the quality of work and craftsmanship.

But that appears to be lacking in what I was shipped.

Bridging in the prepreg has caused them to paint/fill the voids:

Thumb prints inside of the gel coat (unrepairable unless you fancy sanding it all the way back to the carbon and refinishing):

The prepreg didn't fully get a correct vacuum pull as it's had air left over, causing a delamination in the gel coat:

Pin hole galore, plus raw edges with no gel coat or clear:

Structural crack all the way through the hardware:

Overall it's just disappointing, you would get better results from a cheap Chinese sourced piece of carbon on eBay.

The gel coat is full of dust/contamination, has pin holes everywhere, lacks any gel coat in some areas meaning the carbon will bleed when you wipe it with a cloth, thumb prints under the finish, cracks in the actual carbon (they flex) and even worse; they didn't buff out some of the sanding marks which they made with a rotary sander by the looks of things - that could possibly be why some of it isn't coated? Maybe they burnt through it..

I'm currently in middle of emailing them about it but haven't had a response to any of my emails, even the original ones where I asked them general questions. Luckily I paid via Paypal so I may be able to open a dispute if they aren't able to respond to me.
      07-08-2019, 05:39 PM   #9
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

A handmade product might have issues, but sorry to see your purchase went this way. Of course, after a few months being on the road these flaws might be insignificant.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #10
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
A handmade product might have issues, but sorry to see your purchase went this way. Of course, after a few months being on the road these flaws might be insignificant.
That's the thing though, surely whilst being hand made it would have been noticed? Prepreg carbon is pretty simple once you have a moulding, its just down to completing the basics when setting up the build to make sure these problems are avoided such as bridging.

I think my main disappointment was the products are such small pieces, the price just isn't justified for the build quality. If they weren't cracked and didn't have dull spots where they had burnt through the gel coat then I would live with them as they look damn great on the photo's I have seen; but they're so patchy in daylight I can't see myself installing them just yet.

I can always refinish them myself, again it's just kind of annoying that I've spent a premium on something I have to finish myself.. it defeats the object of spending that bit extra lol.
      07-08-2019, 06:15 PM   #11
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So update:

Unfortunately Parcelforce picked up the UK side of shipping, who are awful.. but who doesn't know that? They often take 2-3 weeks just to clear shipping before adding a £20 handling charge on top of tax (for doing nothing).

Anyway, PF failed to deliver them so I had to collect them personally during the weekend and this is how it went down.

The brand contents are cool, you get a really epic magnet presentation box with flyers, a carbon fiber pen and usb stick. Plus some heavy duty branded keychain hook.. I guess this is why you pay so much right? Well, no.. you pay that much for the quality of work and craftsmanship.

But that appears to be lacking in what I was shipped.

Bridging in the prepreg has caused them to paint/fill the voids:

Thumb prints inside of the gel coat (unrepairable unless you fancy sanding it all the way back to the carbon and refinishing):

The prepreg didn't fully get a correct vacuum pull as it's had air left over, causing a delamination in the gel coat:

Pin hole galore, plus raw edges with no gel coat or clear:

Structural crack all the way through the hardware:

Overall it's just disappointing, you would get better results from a cheap Chinese sourced piece of carbon on eBay.

The gel coat is full of dust/contamination, has pin holes everywhere, lacks any gel coat in some areas meaning the carbon will bleed when you wipe it with a cloth, thumb prints under the finish, cracks in the actual carbon (they flex) and even worse; they didn't buff out some of the sanding marks which they made with a rotary sander by the looks of things - that could possibly be why some of it isn't coated? Maybe they burnt through it..

I'm currently in middle of emailing them about it but haven't had a response to any of my emails, even the original ones where I asked them general questions. Luckily I paid via Paypal so I may be able to open a dispute if they aren't able to respond to me.
Pretty disappointing. I have $120 F30 eBay fangs waiting at the post office for me so I will compare. You definitely are getting robbed here - there's absolutely no way to justify their pricing when customer service AND quality control is so poor. Not sure how long they can last in this industry.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 06:21 PM   #12
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Pretty disappointing. I have $120 F30 eBay fangs waiting at the post office for me so I will compare. You definitely are getting robbed here - there's absolutely no way to justify their pricing when customer service AND quality control is so poor. Not sure how long they can last in this industry.
Definitely interested to see this.

I would also be hugely interested to see what their quality is like on their $$$$ products such as the body kits and splitters.

At the end of the day, their fangs are around $600, that's roughly £480 and for around £100 more you can get OEM M Performance carbon splitters over here (you get a hell of a lot more carbon too haha)
      07-10-2019, 05:58 AM   #13
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Okay so the latest on this now..

I tried contacting them multiple times since Saturday morning and received nothing, my messages where read and opened though. So I started a PayPal dispute, not to be a total PITA but mainly to try and grab their attention, and that did the trick.

They finally replied back to me and credit to them; they are going to take a couple of days to build some new ones and ship them out to me. I guess we'll await to see what those are like.
      07-10-2019, 11:25 PM   #14
f32ftw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435 xdrive

Quote:
Okay so the latest on this now..

I tried contacting them multiple times since Saturday morning and received nothing, my messages where read and opened though. So I started a PayPal dispute, not to be a total PITA but mainly to try and grab their attention, and that did the trick.

They finally replied back to me and credit to them; they are going to take a couple of days to build some new ones and ship them out to me. I guess we'll await to see what those are like.
Don't hold your breath. I bought a rear diffuser from them a few months ago and it had cracks in the clear coat. They promised me that they would send me a new one but they never did. I ended up disputing the charges with my credit card company. The couple of days they promised you will turn into weeks and eventually they will stop replying to you. Vendors like Mod Bargains and other reputable vendors need to stop selling these products.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 11:46 PM   #15
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So mine came in for F30. They're replicas of the $615 shippped MAD ones and I honestly think they're the same. One of the flaws are the same you mentioned (fingerprint) and one small area where the weave is distorted. You can see that on the bottom fang in the center-right-ish). I also think the weave direction is off for one of them, but it's not a big deal. I paid $120 shipped from one of the more reputable eBay vendors. Shipping was fast from Taiwan. I've added some pics even though the lighting is not ideal. Overall I'm happy with them for the price, no cracks in the clear coat or obvious noticeable flaws unless examining closely. I may throw some Xpel on them before I install.

I will try to get some close up pics in better lighting.

Fitment seemed fine holding up to the bumper - will probably install with 3M 4298 adhesive promoter + 3M 3614 double sided molding tape.

I will probably make another thread once they're installed instead of bombarding your your F32 thread
Attached Images

Last edited by mlev; 07-11-2019 at 12:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #16
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I may throw some Xpel on them before I install.

curious to the fitment. I wouldnt mind these in matte or gloss black. look simple enough to wrap but i dont want to pay the carbon fiber tax just to wrap them.

something tells me the vendor selling these on ebay was the vendor MAD was using but MAD didnt come through with funding so they are just trying to recoup some costs and get rid of their inventory
      07-11-2019, 05:43 PM   #17
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32ftw View Post
Don't hold your breath. I bought a rear diffuser from them a few months ago and it had cracks in the clear coat. They promised me that they would send me a new one but they never did. I ended up disputing the charges with my credit card company. The couple of days they promised you will turn into weeks and eventually they will stop replying to you. Vendors like Mod Bargains and other reputable vendors need to stop selling these products.
I did wonder, but I'll give them the week they've asked for - they said they'll check them over more thoroughly before shipping this time

Quote:
So mine came in for F30. They're replicas of the $615 shippped MAD ones and I honestly think they're the same. One of the flaws are the same you mentioned (fingerprint) and one small area where the weave is distorted. You can see that on the bottom fang in the center-right-ish). I also think the weave direction is off for one of them, but it's not a big deal. I paid $120 shipped from one of the more reputable eBay vendors. Shipping was fast from Taiwan. I've added some pics even though the lighting is not ideal. Overall I'm happy with them for the price, no cracks in the clear coat or obvious noticeable flaws unless examining closely. I may throw some Xpel on them before I install.

Fitment seemed fine holding up to the bumper - will probably install with 3M 4298 adhesive promoter + 3M 3614 double sided molding tape.

I will probably make another thread once they're installed instead of bombarding your your F32 thread
I can imagine that's most likely their vendor - my guess would be that they tried sanding mine to finish it before shipping and burnt through the lacquer & gel coat in multiple spots. The main give away was rotary burn marks which had gone so so deep it would need refinishing.

For what it's worth, I've installed similar pieces before on my friends vehicles and always used Gorilla double sided mounting tape. The top layer peel is awful to remove, and it doesn't always seem like it's sticking down well, however once you get a bit of heat into it they hold on for dear life and because they're a gel substance rather than foam pads they sit flat without standing off. My numberplates are held of with it and they are curved too; they've never budged over the 50k miles I've done
      07-30-2019, 06:39 AM   #18
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

So my replacement parts turned up finally, once again parcel force didn't disappoint and held onto them for an extra week as they couldn't decide on the import fee's.

These are much better, there's not as much paint filling the voids and no finger prints under the gel coat, however they've still left deep sanding marks down the edges and on some flat surfaces.. luckily they sort of dull when wetted, so I'd hope they can be re-clear coated to get a better finish. Their molding design must also have a compromise as the crack shown in the first set of photos is also present on these, funnily enough on the right hand side piece too.

Conclusion - once I had gotten their attention by raising a PayPal dispute they acted quickly to resolve it and where polite. My guess would be that they're making these parts in a Chinese factory, who also aren't big on quality which is kkind of annoying considering the hype they have around their brand, along with the prices that they list their carbon at but they have now shipped me two sets, and I've only had to pay the import fees so I'll call it a day here.
      08-01-2019, 07:21 AM   #19
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep

has anyone put these on yet? mlev did you install them yet?
      08-01-2019, 11:04 AM   #20
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
has anyone put these on yet? mlev did you install them yet?
Not yet. I have the tape and adhesion promoter ready
Going to install the fangs paired with this lip which I have waiting:

I currently have the CF M Performance Splitter installed and I think the fangs paired with this lip would be too much carbon fiber. Lip is partially destroyed so I will probably swap them out when this one gets a little more messed up.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 07:29 PM   #21
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

I mounted them with Gorilla double sided mounting tape - when it's applied correctly it's the strongest stuff on the market. I use it for my reg plates as I ditched the plate holder, so it's pretty hard to keep it stuck onto the curve of the front bumper

wdeerfield2743.50
      08-02-2019, 11:21 AM   #22
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I mounted them with Gorilla double sided mounting tape - when it's applied correctly it's the strongest stuff on the market. I use it for my reg plates as I ditched the plate holder, so it's pretty hard to keep it stuck onto the curve of the front bumper
Looks great! More subtle on the F32 than F30. Very aesthetic

Interesting that you say that, I considered the Gorilla stuff but there were about 15 Amazon reviews saying that the equivalent 3M stuff worked better, so I was swayed toward 3M. May give it a shot if I run into any issues though.
Appreciate 0