F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Bimmercode app iOS/Android
Extreme Powerhouse

07-02-2020, 08:38 AM   #595
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1platt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
I just tried this this morning. App connected just fine to the adapter and I went through and made all the changes. How long should everything take to kick in? I drove for about an hour after all the coding, and nothing. No errors, just nothing took.

I did it with the engine running and doors shut, since without the engine on, it said it couldn't find the car.

I'll try unplugging the adapter, plugging back in and starting over, but any ideas? Did I miss a step?

EDIT- never mind, I figured it out
How did you figure this out as I'm having the same issue on my '15 F33 435d?
I wasn't clicking the "Code" button for each change. I was making the individual changes, then going to main screen to make the next, then just restarting the car to get everything to take effect. But you have to click the "Code" button after each change. Some are quick, but some take up to a few minutes or so to run, just FYI.

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 08:49 AM   #596
f31shadow_lincs
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Touring (F31)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie330 View Post
BimmerCode question - Is Vgate iCar Pro still supported as an OBD2 adapter?

According to recent posts on Bimmerpost it's not & it is also not mentioned as an supported adapter on BimmerCode website.

I was just about to pull the trigger and buy one.

Appreciate any input?
I bought a VGate iCar 2 WiFi OBD2 scanner which arrived yesterday and worked successfully for me. Running it on an iphone i had the usual "this wifi doesnt have internet" issue, and my home WiFi trying to override it - so i forgot my home WiFi and it worked without a hitch!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #597
TDFanMan
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328D, Sprinter, Datsun Z

After a couple weeks research and trying to get ISTA to work, I finally gave in and bought a Veepeak bluetooth adapter, and Bimmercode for android.

Probably took me 30 minutes to do all the coding I wanted to do. It is very simple to use for those things that they put on the English menu, and they put a lot of things on the menu. There is "expert mode" if you want to get deeper in the weeds for things not on the menu.

Small changes that I made make the car so much nicer to live with and more fun to drive. Well worth the $70ish total investment IMHO.

I may still try to get ISTA running, but I did not want to wait for an ICOM just to do my coding.

BTW, my experience was that you need to hit the code button when you are done making changes to each module. if you hit the back button the changes are not saved.
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2020, 10:51 AM   #598
MetzgerMeister
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
I bought the bluechok lightning to ethernet adapter to use with xdelete. while I had the cable hooked up, it worked with Bimmerlink. I didn't think to try it with Bimmercode but if it worked with Bimmerlink, pretty sure it will work with Bimmercode.
Not necessarily. There's a big difference between an adapter that can read info (as with BimmerLink) and one that can also code (which is needed with BimmerCode).

An adapter that can code can also read but one that reads doesn't always have the ability to code.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 06:34 PM   #599
jkwhar
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i

Anyone having issues with connection randomly dropping/error in bimmercode? I'm using enet cable (from bimmertech) and lightning to ethernet that was on their recommendation page. I'm in airplane mode. First error I was getting was "Error while reading coding data" and the 2nd message today was something along the lines of "disconnected"

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 01:08 PM   #600
rob1platt
Rep
Drives: F33 435d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
I wasn't clicking the "Code" button for each change. I was making the individual changes, then going to main screen to make the next, then just restarting the car to get everything to take effect. But you have to click the "Code" button after each change. Some are quick, but some take up to a few minutes or so to run, just FYI.
Still not getting this to work at all. Other changes have taken fine. Even making many changes on the same module at once but the convenience closing and mirrors just aren’t playing ball at all. Any advice gratefully received.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 11:27 AM   #601
obzen
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 440i Gran Coupe

foglights on turn

Using BimmerCode with VeePeak adapter, has anyone coded out the left / right foglights lighting up when turning left / right? If so, which entries did you change in BimmerCode?
//MST intake
//AutoTechnik brace
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 06:56 AM   #602
Susie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Series 318D SE

I'm interested in it and would like to have a go.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 01:21 PM   #603
Bugy06
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 MODEL BMW 3.18i ED

Hi Guys. Hello. I am a 2017 model BMW 3.18i user. the screen in my vehicle was replaced with a new screen. However, after this change, I cannot make a headunit connection with the car via bimmercode. I would appreciate it if you could help me with this problem.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 04:23 AM   #604
Bugy06
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 MODEL BMW 3.18i ED

Is there anyone who can help me?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 05:59 AM   #605
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugy06 View Post
Is there anyone who can help me?
While not always required, installing new/different hardware in your car for repairs or an upgrade/retro-fit (be it a used or new part) will need to be programmed to your car before it can be used properly. BimmerCode does not have the ability to program modules in the car, just change the coding parameters in them - which is a difference (and BimmerCode does not have access to all of the modules in the car). The other issue could be that the parameters in the newly installed module are so new, BimmerCode has not been updated to read it yet. I think this is unlikely, but you should make sure your BimmerCode app is up to date nonetheless.

You may need to have your car (or specifically that module) programmed to your car first, by a dealer or experienced coder, before you can use BimmerCode to change any parameters in the module.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 09:36 AM   #606
Wojtas_1983
Rep
Drives: BMW 330xd F31 LCI

Brilliant app
I have it for a while and already coded 5 different cars (F31, E61 and 3 different F11) without any problems.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 02:59 PM   #607
Tommy985
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320D

Vgate Icar Pro BLE is better with bluetooth or with wifi connection?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 02:52 PM   #608
Justdrew424
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BMW X5 S35, 18 BMW 330i

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [0.00]
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
I grabbed the Veepeak BLE+ and have had no issues with BimmerCode so far. Loving the options.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 03:34 PM   #609
CatalinPRG
Registered
Romania
Rep
Drives: F30 316d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justdrew424 View Post
I grabbed the Veepeak BLE+ and have had no issues with BimmerCode so far. Loving the options.
Hi Justdrew,

Any issues so far with this one?
I'm looking to buy one for my car and don't if it's suits the needs
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 04:24 PM   #610
drapzzy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Garage List
2016 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinPRG View Post
Hi Justdrew,

Any issues so far with this one?
I'm looking to buy one for my car and don't if it's suits the needs
I also have the veekpeak and can say it works flawlessly and easy connection, i would bite the bullet on it
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 05:04 AM   #611
mes
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i ED 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy985 View Post
Vgate Icar Pro BLE is better with bluetooth or with wifi connection?
I've been using VGATE iCar 2 Wi-Fi version for years and had no problem to date.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2022, 11:35 AM   #612
MSlv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318i

Hey guys, I just tried coding to enable cornering lights with Bimmercode and Vgate iCar 3 wi-fi adapter and it’s giving me errors when I press the “code” button, something like “error coding ECU” or “failed to code ecu”, I forgot to make screenshot. I tried both the normal and expert mode, same result.

As far as I can tell, the coding has not started, there was no change to any ecu. I have green light for FEM and all other modules…

I had used the same combination to code plenty of stuff, so it was clearly working before. It takes a long time to read but it’s working.

Has there been any update to stop vgate adaptors from coding? Am I doing something wrong? I haven’t coded anything in quite a while so maybe I’m missing something?

I get in car, switch on ignition (one press of start button), connect to vgate wifi, start bimmercode, read ecu, open FEM, make changes, hit code, get the warning, I get to the normal screen when coding and then I get the error and when i push ok I get back to FEM menu.

Last edited by MSlv; 03-01-2022 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 05:54 AM   #613
J555
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI 340iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSlv View Post
Hey guys, I just tried coding to enable cornering lights with bimmercode and vgate 2 wifi adapter and it’s giving me errors when I press the “code” button, something like “error coding ECU” or “failed to code ecu”, I forgot to make screenshot. I tried both the normal and expert mode, same result.
Happened to me a few times before, for various reasons:
- permanent error in the given module (in my case AC that somehow disappeared after few months),
- error for no obvious reason (reported to Bimmercode and they fixed it),
- error for no obvious reason (after retrofit of HU, reported to Bimmercode and they were unable to fix it).

As much as I appreciate the excellent user support of Bimmercode, I switched to ProTool (due to the last issue above), and never looked back. So if this would be your case, give it a try - a faster tool with more features, and a lot more coding options I've never encountered any issue since started using it.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 08:38 AM   #614
MSlv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318i

Thanks for the tip, I didn’t know about ProTool. It sounds very interesting but not available on Apple devices unfortunately. VO coding capability sounds excellent, maybe I will get an android device just for this. From your experience with the app, could it replace Esys? Could you code, for example, 6wb with it?

Regarding my issue, I finally ended up doing what I knew deep down that was long overdue: I bought an enet cable and an ethernet to lightning adapter. I was still worried that maybe something was wrong with my car but I tried to convince myself that the wifi adapter was the problem. It even failed a coding one time and had kombi with red dot in the app but I managed to fix it with the “restore backup”.

So I proceeded to coding cornering lights and was amazed with the speed when reading modules. I think it took much less than a minute to connect, read everything, find the coding in the menu, code and reset errors, I couldn’t believe it. With the iCar 3 wifi this was taking maybe 5 minutes…

And the cornering lights work and I hope they will be helpful because the base LED headlights are very shit on the sides, it’s like complete darkness, worse than the halogen I had on the E87.

In conclusion, looks like the Vgate iCar 3 wi-fi is not working anymore with Bimmercode. You can connect, read the modules and see coding options, but it will not start the coding process and will give an error instead.

Last edited by MSlv; 03-01-2022 at 04:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 04:20 AM   #615
J555
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI 340iX

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, I didn’t know about ProTool. It sounds very interesting but not available on Apple devices unfortunately. VO coding capability sounds excellent, maybe I will get an android device just for this. From your experience with the app, could it replace Esys? Could you code, for example, 6wb with it?
I see. I cannot confirm it, as I do not use esys (they say it is full replacement of esys). All I can say is the data looks similar, the data updates are massive, and have tons more coding options (and also the explanations/information). Superfast using wifi.

If you want, I can check the availability of some options/strings.

Last edited by J555; 03-03-2022 at 04:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 07:28 PM   #616
nosam1g
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i

Quote:
Hey guys, I just tried coding to enable cornering lights with Bimmercode and Vgate iCar 3 wi-fi adapter and it’s giving me errors when I press the “code” button, something like “error coding ECU” or “failed to code ecu”, I forgot to make screenshot. I tried both the normal and expert mode, same result.

Same here , it is not working with MHD Wifi adapter Some things do get coded , but some do not, and i have to go back and restore or i get abunch of code malfunctions

edit: used a battery car charger , and all the things i wanted to code coded, guess it was a preemptive measure to not let the car die or something , but i coded like 10 things no problem

Last edited by nosam1g; 06-24-2022 at 08:40 PM..
Appreciate 0