F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Passenger restraint system fault - need to clear
Studio RSR

01-19-2020, 09:02 AM   #1
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

Passenger restraint system fault - need to clear

Hi guys,

I mistakenly disconnected the passenger airbag toggle switch without realising it would cause a passenger restraint system fault. I understand that Tool32 can be used to clear this. Does anyone have any pointers where I can get this from and what process I need to follow for it?

I have searched of course and my biggest problem is that I need to get hold of Tool32 and that I'm not sure which PRG file I need to use for it? I believe there's two parts:

Load ACSM4.prg, select job steuern_verriegelung_schreiben then load F01.prg and select job fs_loeschen_funktional. Not sure what the F01.prg file is for though so if someone could confirm the correct steps for me to clear the error without bricking my car (2014 F30) that'd be great.

Any help would be appreciated

Edit: Ok, scratch that. I tried using E-Sys with Transmitter to issue a Clear DTC command and it seems to have done the trick. Wasn't sure if this would do anything for the restraint system but it seems to have. Anyone aware of any issues that may arise from doing it this way?

Last edited by Zheez; 01-19-2020 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 04:58 PM   #2
sxmarsha
Rep
Drives: BMW F30. E90, E46, E87

Hi Zheez,

Nope, shouldn't cause any problems, I have done this a fair few times and it's always been fine!

Thanks,
Steven

Automotive Electronics | Coding | ECU | Automotive Paint Works | F30 | E46 | E91 | E87
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 04:38 PM   #3
IyadUK
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheez View Post
Hi guys,

I mistakenly disconnected the passenger airbag toggle switch without realising it would cause a passenger restraint system fault. I understand that Tool32 can be used to clear this. Does anyone have any pointers where I can get this from and what process I need to follow for it?

I have searched of course and my biggest problem is that I need to get hold of Tool32 and that I'm not sure which PRG file I need to use for it? I believe there's two parts:

Load ACSM4.prg, select job steuern_verriegelung_schreiben then load F01.prg and select job fs_loeschen_funktional. Not sure what the F01.prg file is for though so if someone could confirm the correct steps for me to clear the error without bricking my car (2014 F30) that'd be great.

Any help would be appreciated

Edit: Ok, scratch that. I tried using E-Sys with Transmitter to issue a Clear DTC command and it seems to have done the trick. Wasn't sure if this would do anything for the restraint system but it seems to have. Anyone aware of any issues that may arise from doing it this way?
Can you please provide steps how to do this reset? I have exactly the same issue
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 05:18 PM   #4
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

It's been a while so can't be sure on the exact steps, but this should help - I'm pretty sure this is exactly what I did:

http://bmw-diagnostic-tools.blogspot...ing-light.html

Basically in E-Sys click External Applications then Transmitter and launch Transmitter (think you double-click it). Click connect then scroll through the predefined services and find the Clear all DTCs service and hit Send. It should sort it out straight away.
Appreciate 0