F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
GetBMWParts

03-02-2020, 11:18 PM   #2971
TiToyz
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiToyz View Post
Hi,

Same thing for me .... avin say CIC despite the sticker ....
to sum up the situation

When i’m try to switch to bmw system, i have « no signal » but i have the sound and idrive works, steering wheel too.

When i’m on the android system, i have no sound, the idrive and steering wheel works.

i don’t have the same mainharness, i don’t have the CAN wire connection.like your photos …

maybe the problem is here ?

oh and avin say on the last mail : our engineers confirmed that your system is NBT system.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 05:44 AM   #2972
husskad
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosouzapn View Post
Thanks for the link. Where I need to put this files, do I need Root? thanks
no you dont need root to load these files,just put the 2 files on the root of a usb thumb drive and start the unit and it should update automatically and once you reboot
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 01:38 AM   #2973
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by husskad View Post
no you dont need root to load these files,just put the 2 files on the root of a usb thumb drive and start the unit and it should update automatically and once you reboot
only for snapdragon can be ... because for PX6 Rockchip, you must be root to access System \ Media and place the files splash.img + bootanimation.zip = which correspond to your unit /!\

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 08:52 AM   #2974
Vuu
Astronaut
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hey guys,

I've been trying to work with Avin about updating my 9.0 unit but I've been running into issues.

Every time I run the update, I only get 3 UI (NBT, EVO, and something else I can't remember)

Do we HAVE to upload the OEM file after installing a software update? When I upload the OEM file, the only UI I have is ID6. According to their pictures, I'm doing the update correctly. I don't have issues with the unit accepting my USB drive.

I keep getting the same copy and paste from AVIN which is starting to get irritating at this point. They said if the update was done successfully, I should have AV8 UI. Can someone post a picture of what this interface looks like?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 09:58 AM   #2975
acmilangr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 3.16 F30

Hello all and nice to meet you.

Recently i bought an F30 and it has allready installed an android 10.25 inch display but with old version android 4.4.4

I saw that it doesnt have IDX (ID5/ID6/ID7) Inteface.

as i search i think it is this or something like this :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32812870863.html

but on the menu it doesnt have the option for ID6 interface.

So the question is can i upgrade the firmware?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 04:11 AM   #2976
ande86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

thanks to Kri all the IDs were available at my unit after changing the factory_config.xml. But it was on a snapdragon unit with Android 9. Don´t know if these are also available for your unit.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 02:32 PM   #2977
jrp73
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330D

Hi guys - can anyone please advise which is currently the best unit to buy for a f30? Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 09:41 PM   #2978
MikeBMWX1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Hi everyone.
I just installed a new Avin 10.25 screen in my 2016 X1. The installation was a real pia. The factory HU barely pulls out enough to change the harness. It took me all day to figure out a way to pull it out enough and then I had to ask my wife to plug the new harness in since she has tiny hands. Anyways, it works now, but imo the trouble to install this thing is way underestimated for a 2016 X1. The original HU does not come out like in any of the install videos I watched. It actually does not come out at all! FYI

So I bought:
(North America) | Android 10 With 4GB RAM | 4G SIM Card Support | Qualcomm Snapdragon | Black Trim Bezel

Also got the GPS splitter and the newest little black box for wireless carplay/android auto as I was potentially planing to use AA with it.

My 2016 X1 is fully loaded. So I am coming from an 8.8 screen with NAV. I really just wanted Waze and Tidal and the ability to use my Plex server on my long trips back to my hometown. So I figured when I'm not going on long trips, I would use AA. I tested Plex and it does work on the Android side. Haven't done any type of long term testing. Really just got it up and running, installed AA and Waze and Plex on the Android side.

I was however, quite disappointed with the resolution of AA. Is there a way to not have it stretched out for the whole 10.25''? Can I split screen it some how? Or change the resolution in a way. Maybe make the icons smaller? Adding more rows or something?

What do you guys use the most? AA or simply stay on the Androiud side for Waze and Spotify? If you do stay on the Android side, am I correct to assume that I always have to hotspot from my phone? Don't want to get another sim card for my car. Unless that is the way to go?

Also, is there a way to keep spotify or tidal going when I switch to the OEM side? Which Bluetooth settings do you guys have running? On OEM side VS Android.

Alot to configure it seems. I also don't have the autoplay working right. I have to go in the apps section, select autoplay, then plug my phone in. I think I read somewhere that this can be changed though.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 10:57 AM   #2979
mliv
Rep
Drives: blue

Does anyone know why my unit is doing this? The bmw side works fine and the android side looks like this..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 04:13 PM   #2980
DevilDoc87
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 328i

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I just installed the 10.25 with Android 10 on it in my 328i non nav. I get audio out on the stock side of the system but when I switch over to the android side there is no audio out at all. Is there something I am missing?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 09:52 AM   #2981
TiToyz
France
Rep

hi,

My problem is solve ... the unit wasn"t for my car, i sent it back for change.

And now it works well ... but just one problem very annoing ...

When i call people with carplay, they say the sound is very very bad

Someone have the same problem ?

Thank's a lot
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 05:34 PM   #2982
foo2002
Private
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15 30D

Quote:
hi,

My problem is solve ... the unit wasn"t for my car, i sent it back for change.

And now it works well ... but just one problem very annoing ...

When i call people with carplay, they say the sound is very very bad

Someone have the same problem ?

Thank's a lot
yes.
I fixed it using the normal BT of the car only for calls
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 06:26 PM   #2983
TiToyz
France
Rep

Sorry foo2002

And a big thank's for your answer, my english is not good and i misunderstand what you say

i tried it today and works very well !! later i tried to receive a call to see if carplay take it too

Last edited by TiToyz; 05-15-2020 at 03:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 04:32 AM   #2984
catDude
Registered
Rep
Drives: ‘13 335i (F30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBMWX1 View Post
Hi everyone.
I just installed a new Avin 10.25 screen in my 2016 X1. The installation was a real pia. The factory HU barely pulls out enough to change the harness. It took me all day to figure out a way to pull it out enough and then I had to ask my wife to plug the new harness in since she has tiny hands. Anyways, it works now, but imo the trouble to install this thing is way underestimated for a 2016 X1. The original HU does not come out like in any of the install videos I watched. It actually does not come out at all! FYI

So I bought:
(North America) | Android 10 With 4GB RAM | 4G SIM Card Support | Qualcomm Snapdragon | Black Trim Bezel

Also got the GPS splitter and the newest little black box for wireless carplay/android auto as I was potentially planing to use AA with it.

My 2016 X1 is fully loaded. So I am coming from an 8.8 screen with NAV. I really just wanted Waze and Tidal and the ability to use my Plex server on my long trips back to my hometown. So I figured when I'm not going on long trips, I would use AA. I tested Plex and it does work on the Android side. Haven't done any type of long term testing. Really just got it up and running, installed AA and Waze and Plex on the Android side.

I was however, quite disappointed with the resolution of AA. Is there a way to not have it stretched out for the whole 10.25''? Can I split screen it some how? Or change the resolution in a way. Maybe make the icons smaller? Adding more rows or something?

What do you guys use the most? AA or simply stay on the Androiud side for Waze and Spotify? If you do stay on the Android side, am I correct to assume that I always have to hotspot from my phone? Don't want to get another sim card for my car. Unless that is the way to go?

Also, is there a way to keep spotify or tidal going when I switch to the OEM side? Which Bluetooth settings do you guys have running? On OEM side VS Android.

Alot to configure it seems. I also don't have the autoplay working right. I have to go in the apps section, select autoplay, then plug my phone in. I think I read somewhere that this can be changed though.
Has anyone installed the newer model system (with 4G) and been able to install the provided 4G antenna? On my F30, once I screw in the antenna, I can't get the unit flush with the dashboard because the plug sticks out too low. AVIN hasn't been much help by e-mail so I'm trying to find anyone that has successfully installed the new antenna.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 11:20 AM   #2985
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Hey yall.. if you have the snapdragon version of the display from Avin, you can now image update to android10! This is a big deal as really the first time you can change full OS versions without changing hardware.

If you have the Avin display, reach out to them directly and they will provide the download links.

Here is my walkthrough of the update.

'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2020, 01:09 PM   #2986
foo2002
Private
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15 30D

Quote:
Sorry foo2002

And a big thank's for your answer, my english is not good and i misunderstand what you say

i tried it today and works very well !! later i tried to receive a call to see if carplay take it too
Before the CarPlay you have the normal BT connection. Use this option for taking calls.
In the phone choose this old BT connection for calls
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 06:50 AM   #2987
Matthewlfc92
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion7 View Post
Hello,

want to ask about e60-e90 AVIN multimedia, have been struggling with this android screen for several days already. Since I'm living in Europe I bought this from aliexpress website, but it's exactly the same as AVIN are offering for US residents.
Now having hard time communicating with China seller, not only their english is not pretty, but also getting tired of stupid questions like "have you forgot to power on your multimedia" or "did you connected cables correctly"

so the car is BMW 330xd 2006 with CCC 8,8" screen.
new screen shows only part 2/3 of the image when switching to show original car display.

There is CAR TYPE list in Factory settings menu, already tried all available options, all other selections displaying worse.

After few days of useless conversations with seller he had sent me firmware which I installed and that made things even worse, later received original firmware but now after turning on ignition, multimedia powers on, but idrive control wheel and menu button are unresponsive unless I go to CAR INFO menu tab, then need to hold menu button and get back to android, button and wheel starts to work.

My thinking what I need is MCU update which I were unable to get from seller. So if anyone has it please share
My firmware specs (before update, now it's the same except now I don't have anything in these brackets [BMW-0223-180116]):

I have tried these other settings and mine seems to still be wrong. I have tried to look everywhere for the cartype.xml file with the updated idrive display settings but cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction or send me the correct file I need?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 04:52 PM   #2988
sci2
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Hazy screen?

Hey all - I've had my AVIN 7.1 system for about a year and a half now. Pretty much only use it for the backup camera capability, and otherwise use the BMW side for the most part. That said, my screen is super hazy and difficult to read. Has anyone seen the same? I've tried seeing if Avin is willing to do anything about it, but they keep asking me to update the software for some reason. Seems that the clear plastic in front of the screen has just discolored from sunlight and there probably isn't anything to be done about it.
Appreciate 1
Pauloxxi339.00
      06-10-2020, 09:59 PM   #2989
comburinda
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Optical cable change or not

Hi. i have a BMW f30 with harman system, and yesterday i installed an 10.25 android-10 SD625 HU, but the original sound sounds very fidelity, when I use android applications I lose a lot of fidelity. i dident move the optical cable from the original harness. Will I have to move it to the harness that is connected to the harman or does it not matter Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 01:54 AM   #2990
Amitkhanna
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 e70

Hello i have android unit in my bmw x5 e70 its been 2 years now it was working fine .. last 2 days its stuck on boot only back camera working nothing else is working now screen stuck on bmw logo please help me out .. tell me wat to do
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 03:49 PM   #2991
jmoney99
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitkhanna View Post
Hello i have android unit in my bmw x5 e70 its been 2 years now it was working fine .. last 2 days its stuck on boot only back camera working nothing else is working now screen stuck on bmw logo please help me out .. tell me wat to do
Had the same thing happen to me last week. You need to get the latest firmware from Avin (or whoever manufactured your unit) and setup a boot recovery SD card as shown below (it will remove all your applications / root, so you will need to re-install everything). Make sure the update.img is the correct one for your unit:

Originally Posted by 335i6SPDManual View Post
So my android screen stuck at boot logo ! I was sad for few days ! Here is the restore instruction to make your unit work again:

1. You need an empty micro SD card

2. You need to follow the 3 links below and download them, 1st link is the instruction, please follow the instruction. 2nd link is the SDUpdater. 3rd link is the firmware file, i think the firmware is old dated back to december of 2017, you can request Avin USA for latest firmware.

NOTE: the instruction said to click on "run_For_Ver2.XX_loader", DO NOT run that, just run the Application with name "SD_Firmware_Tool".

3. After you follow the instruction to format the firmware into the Micro SD Card. Take it and put it into your screen Micro SD slot. Then start your car. Your screen will display the OEM function, just press and hold Menu button on your I-drive controller for few seconds it will switch to the android screen and you will notice that the android screen is doing it restore. After 5-8 mins it done and it will tell you to remove the micro sd card. The screen will automatically restart when you take out the micro sd card.

NOTE: You will have to reconfigure your screen like you install it for the first time.

1st Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5c...tvLWZDbms/view
2nd Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5c...VZWEpEd2M/view
3rd Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5c...5FSWVQMDg/view

HOPE THIS HELP TO ANY ONE HAVING THIS ISSUE !
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 02:31 PM   #2992
dnbtse
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90

does anyone have poor audio quality in there units and managed to find an fix ?

Last edited by dnbtse; 06-27-2020 at 03:41 AM..
Appreciate 0