F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Lowering Springs on RWD F30
Extreme Powerhouse

09-30-2020, 02:45 PM   #23
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangesquared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.f.leonard View Post
Gotcha, good info thank you! My car is a sport line but when i decoded my vin it said Im equipped with the m sport suspension? I heard they were the same thing but again, im not 100% sure. I really like the way your car sits with the eibachs, what kind of wheel/tire specs are you running? Fitment is on point!
The Sportline does have the same suspension as the M Sport (704 suspension). With that, you're already lowered 10mm vs the Base model. The Dinan springs lower an additional 9mm...which isn't very much.
Hmmm, how much do the eibachs lower over the sport suspension?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 11:13 AM   #24
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bump... anyone with dinan springs on their rwd f30? Or any other examples of the eibach pro kit? Also open to h&r sports but unsure of ride height.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 12:34 PM   #25
orangesquared
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30

Quote:
Hmmm, how much do the eibachs lower over the sport suspension?
I'd say it's right around 3/4" in the front and 1/2" in the rear. It's noticeable but subtle. Personally, I think the H&R Sports look the best but was conflicted in regard to ride quality and felt that if Koni packages their shocks with the Eibachs it would be a solid way to go.
      10-02-2020, 08:31 PM   #26
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I guess no one wants to share h&r sport or dinan performance photos? Eibachs look nice but I want to have options. I want to close as much wheel gap as possible but I dont want to sacrifice too much ground clearance at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 09:33 PM   #27
mgeller
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
I guess no one wants to share h&r sport or dinan performance photos? Eibachs look nice but I want to have options. I want to close as much wheel gap as possible but I dont want to sacrifice too much ground clearance at the same time.
Here ya go H&R Sports
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 09:37 PM   #28
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeller View Post
Quote:
Here ya go H&R Sports
Finally! Thank you. Hows the ground clearance? Do you scrape on driveways/ speed bumps or ever bottom out? Wheel gap is very nice
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 09:53 PM   #29
pauli18c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i RWD M Sport

keep in mind people's different wheel and tire specs... that will have a lot to do with fender gap...
would probably help if people listed those as well
      10-03-2020, 01:51 AM   #30
mgeller
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here ya go H&R Sports
Finally! Thank you. Hows the ground clearance? Do you scrape on driveways/ speed bumps or ever bottom out? Wheel gap is very nice
I've scraped a couple of times exiting a shopping mall with a bad decline and then steep incline onto the road. It's pretty rare though. Plan just to get a cheap eBay lip and not worry about my bumper. Not a worry at all with driveways or speeds bumps. I will say I started taking speeds bumps much slower since the ride is more firm. You can really feel everything you drive over in the road, but it doesn't bother me much, and that's through very shitty San Diego roads. I imagine it will only get smoother when I switch from run-flats. The high speed turning stability and planted feel definitely makes the car more fun on the daily, and think it's worth the slight trade off in comfort.

Note:
I'm on 18's with stock tire specs.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 10:18 PM   #31
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here ya go H&R Sports
I've scraped a couple of times exiting a shopping mall with a bad decline and then steep incline onto the road. It's pretty rare though. Plan just to get a cheap eBay lip and not worry about my bumper. Not a worry at all with driveways or speeds bumps. I will say I started taking speeds bumps much slower since the ride is more firm. You can really feel everything you drive over in the road, but it doesn't bother me much, and that's through very shitty San Diego roads. I imagine it will only get smoother when I switch from run-flats. The high speed turning stability and planted feel definitely makes the car more fun on the daily, and think it's worth the slight trade off in comfort.

Note:
I'm on 18's with stock tire specs.
Wow thank you for the info! Now Im very conflicted: go conservative with probably eibachs or maybe dinans, or go mild with the h&r sports with a slightly rougher ride and lower clearance??
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 08:59 PM   #32
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I think Im almost ready to go for the eibach pro kit. Does anyone else have some pics they can post of their rwd f30 with the eibachs?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 11:56 AM   #33
VP_56
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i RWD

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Here are few pics of my f30 on dinan springs. I am also running them with koni yellows. Tires are stock oem 19" staggered. I've been running this setup for 2 years with no issues
Attached Images

10-05-2020, 04:41 PM   #34
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP_56 View Post
Quote:
Here are few pics of my f30 on dinan springs. I am also running them with koni yellows. Tires are stock oem 19" staggered. I've been running this setup for 2 years with no issues
Nice! Thank you for the pics/ info. I decided to go with the eibachs because they seem to sit a tad higher in the rear and im shooting for super flush fitment. We will see how it turns out! Springs should be here within a week or so and the new wheels and tires will be ordered as soon as the tires are off of backorder :
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 07:00 AM   #35
VP_56
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Nice! Thank you for the pics/ info. I decided to go with the eibachs because they seem to sit a tad higher in the rear and im shooting for super flush fitment. We will see how it turns out! Springs should be here within a week or so and the new wheels and tires will be ordered as soon as the tires are off of backorder :
Ok cool. I hope you enjoy them. Please share pics after you get everything installed.
      10-08-2020, 02:23 PM   #36
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'm installing the springs tomorrow with a buddy. Any advice from those of you who have done the install yourself? I went and bought an entire "go thru" ratchet set and also a spring compressor but I believe I have everything else I'll need.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 04:09 PM   #37
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

Quote:
I'm installing the springs tomorrow with a buddy. Any advice from those of you who have done the install yourself? I went and bought an entire "go thru" ratchet set and also a spring compressor but I believe I have everything else I'll need.
DIY on the F30 really is not too bad so long as you have the right tools. The rears are easy so I suggest doing that last. The front can be annoying on a rwd car when trying to swing the strut out from under the fender well because you have to apply some decent downward force on the hub while swinging outward. And all the while not making contact with painted surfaces. With shorter springs it is easier going back in. Here is a great video with all the necessary torque specs:

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 10:56 AM   #38
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the info! Taking a short break now but the rears are done! 25 minutes per side.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #39
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ran into a couple dead ends but finally got the front passenger side done. Had to buy a 21mm socket for the tie rod bolt as well as a 3" extension. One more corner to go will post better pics after its all done and driven around the block.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 06:20 PM   #40
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just finished the install! Very pleased with how the car sits ( but I know they will settle). Heres a few pics I took after the test drive but I will get some good quality photos up later on for those who are interested of the eibach pros on a rwd. New wheels and tires to come. First pic of tire gap is after, second is before, and the other 2 are after as well (they downloaded randomly and not in order, sorry). Thanks guys!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 02:20 PM   #41
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

A couple pics from today after driving around a bit. So far Im very satisfied with not only the drop from the springs but the performance as well. Much more firm but not so firm that the ride quality is diminished. I will make one final post with HD photos once I can get around to pulling out the camera and finding a cool spot to do a shoot the last photo is a before for comparison.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
mgeller51.50
      10-12-2020, 03:34 PM   #42
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

Looks good! Which part number eibach kit did you get?

I am currently running a set of M3 springs and have a set of eibach E10-20-031-02-22 on the shelf and can't decide if I am going to swap them or not.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 06:00 PM   #43
VP_56
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Looks good!!
      10-12-2020, 08:41 PM   #44
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP_56 View Post
Looks good!!
Thanks! Very pleased with how it turned out. New wheels and tires are on their way as of yesterday
Appreciate 0