F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > cleaning door channel
proTUNING Freaks

11-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

cleaning door channel

After every wash when I roll down the window and then back up it is always dirty due to the rubber seal where the window rubs against being dirty and there is always water in the window channel. The only way I can avoid this is not to roll down the window for a day until the water dries out.

I have tried soaping the windows and running them up and down, but that had little results.

Kind of annoying to wash the car and then a bit later have dirty smears all over the windows.

I tried to run a towel along it but did not get much results. Was wondering if anyone has found a solution to get that rubber piece clean as I have never had this in any other car.
      11-10-2018, 03:22 PM   #2
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

I use a super soft bristles toothbrush when needed.. You may be able to lift an end of the gasket back & run a thin microfiber towel along it. A leaf blower or shop vac/blower can assist in drying. Good luck!
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 1
jgoens3787.50