F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Where to find steering wheel *RE*-Wrap Alcantara?
proTUNING Freaks

01-17-2021, 08:02 PM   #1
joshua12334
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI "330i"| F36 435i

Where to find steering wheel *RE*-Wrap Alcantara?

I would like to RE-WRAP the heated steering wheel with Alcantara but I have not been able to find a store that sells a re-wrap kit. NOT looking for a wrap that goes on top of the current factory leather.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 10:48 AM   #2
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 x-drive

Better off going to Ebay typing up the search and getting a new steering wheel already professionally wrapped in that particular fabric. There are plenty, most under 400, with the options that you require...unless you require an m-sport wheel. Just a friendly FYI, That particular fabric tends to not wear very well, you are better off with Nappa. Or get one that has both types, Nappa, were you usually hold the wheel and Alcantara wear you don't, best of both worlds. Besides, a wheel rewrapped in Nappa, is slightly thicker anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 02:38 PM   #3
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Getting the factory leather off would probably be a bear. I put a Mewant wrap on mine, and there were a couple of spots near the switches where I removed the original leather so that the switches would fit better. Based on my experience I bet removing all the original leather would be the better part of a full day's job.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 09:09 AM   #4
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Getting the factory leather off would probably be a bear. I put a Mewant wrap on mine, and there were a couple of spots near the switches where I removed the original leather so that the switches would fit better. Based on my experience I bet removing all the original leather would be the better part of a full day's job.
plus it would completely destroy your steering wheel heating element, get a new custom wrapped wheel in the fabric of your choice..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 12:03 PM   #5
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Only if you have a heated wheel.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 05:36 AM   #6
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrcrash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
plus it would completely destroy your steering wheel heating element, get a new custom wrapped wheel in the fabric of your choice..
changed wheel., Napa and Alcantara, best of both worlds+heated+paddles $309 on EBAY...couldn't be happier, did this last year and yes, it is thicker than what the car came with...had to find photos.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1