F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F30 Projector Angel Eye Headlights!
GetBMWParts

04-03-2018, 08:54 AM   #1651
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdelarosa View Post
Did you code DRL 100% and angel eye low beams 100%? I'm guessing the difference between the two are LED brightness with and without low beams on?
Yes, it is. They dim typically when you put the low beams on.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #1652
4sXdmk9snW
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum and didn't want to make a new thread - I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

I've recently purchased the DEPO headlights from Eurowagens; along with Osram Cool Blue Intense & Chrome indicator bulbs. ( I also purchased the Osram Laser bulbs too )

After reading a few threads and some Instagram posts regarding the lights, I have come to the conclusion that I'm missing something.

I presumed that fitting these lights were as simple as plugging in the bulbs and that's done, but I'm reading a lot of posts regarding fitting a6000k white hid xenon conversion kit ect. I presume then, that my bulbs will not suffice in gaining the look that I'm after.

[Please see picture 2 of this instagram post; https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg_6p-eF...n-by=auto_modz ]

It also seems to me, that sometimes the 'inner' ring is left without a bulb, but when looking at some other photographs, bulbs seem to be present?

Any help somebody could give a Newby like me some help in this matter, would be greatfuly appreciated.

Thanks,

JonnyB

Last edited by 4sXdmk9snW; 04-03-2018 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: Wrong Link
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #1653
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnybimmer View Post
Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum and didn't want to make a new thread - I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

I've recently purchased the DEPO headlights from Eurowagens; along with Osram Cool Blue Intense & Chrome indicator bulbs. ( I also purchased the Osram Laser bulbs too )

After reading a few threads and some Instagram posts regarding the lights, I have come to the conclusion that I'm missing something.

I presumed that fitting these lights were as simple as plugging in the bulbs and that's done, but I'm reading a lot of posts regarding fitting a6000k white hid xenon conversion kit ect. I presume then, that my bulbs will not suffice in gaining the look that I'm after.

[Please see picture 2 of this instagram post; https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg_6p-eF...n-by=auto_modz ]

It also seems to me, that sometimes the 'inner' ring is left without a bulb, but when looking at some other photographs, bulbs seem to be present?

Any help somebody could give a Newby like me some help in this matter, would be greatfuly appreciated.

Thanks,

JonnyB
So I went with "whiter" bulbs and when it comes to halogen, you sacrifice visibility. It's enough to drive on of course, but it's not comfortable. I ended up fitting a 6k HID kit and I wish I would've when I first got the lights (Install would've been 10x easier). As for the inner rings, those are the high beams. All four "halos" will be lit as your DRL, outer inside bulb will be low, and inner inside bulb are your high beams.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 09:24 AM   #1654
4sXdmk9snW
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
So I went with "whiter" bulbs and when it comes to halogen, you sacrifice visibility. It's enough to drive on of course, but it's not comfortable. I ended up fitting a 6k HID kit and I wish I would've when I first got the lights (Install would've been 10x easier). As for the inner rings, those are the high beams. All four "halos" will be lit as your DRL, outer inside bulb will be low, and inner inside bulb are your high beams.
Hi,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply!

As I'm in England, I presume the bulbs will be the same as you bought? Would it be possible to send me a link for the kit you bought so that I can buy these before I fit the lights?

Regarding leaving bulbs out of the high beams, is this allowed? As I've seen many people leave them out.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 09:39 AM   #1655
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply!

As I'm in England, I presume the bulbs will be the same as you bought? Would it be possible to send me a link for the kit you bought so that I can buy these before I fit the lights?

Regarding leaving bulbs out of the high beams, is this allowed? As I've seen many people leave them out.
Go back one page (So page 75) and you'll see my post containing links. As for the high beams, you need to have those bulbs in. They come in handy. I don't think anyone has left them out, but they may have gotten clear ones so they don't appear "blue" in the reflector. I have bulbs that have a blue tint in the high beam slot and I like the look. If you don't want it that way, toss any clear bulb (so no tint here) into the slot and you won't be bothered. Keep them in though! Never know when you have to flash that guy with no lights on the freeway lol

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 10:53 AM   #1656
Undisputed0365
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 Apline White 328i

Anyone know how to fix the dreaded “turn signal malfunction” ? My left side recently stopped working. I’ve changed the bulb and got a new bulb socket holder and still no luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 11:14 AM   #1657
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed0365 View Post
Anyone know how to fix the dreaded “turn signal malfunction” ? My left side recently stopped working. I’ve changed the bulb and got a new bulb socket holder and still no luck.
Strange that a new a bulb holder didn't fix it. Is this brand new or a used one from somewhere else? Try pulling the contacts on the inside of the holder out some and put it back in. Contacts where the bulb sits. If you did that or it doesn't work, it could be a wiring issue.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 11:14 AM   #1658
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed0365 View Post
Anyone know how to fix the dreaded "turn signal malfunction" ? My left side recently stopped working. I've changed the bulb and got a new bulb socket holder and still no luck.
Check out YouTube for Kies Motorsports Bryan has done a video on it.
      04-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #1659
El Primo Pablo
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Quote:

Thanks,

JonnyB
The headlights are to "look" like the models with the angel eyes but from what I see the bulbs are the same H7 we have from stock. Are you saying they are taking off the high beam bulbs because they want to use the projector bi xenon shutter for the high beam? That I guess is more oem but idk if oem uses the projector as high beam only also
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 12:42 PM   #1660
ahsen94
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 320D

I installed these on my facelift F30. Everything works execpt we can’t get the angel eyes to stay on at the same time as low beam! Anyone had this issue? How do I fix this? Can I code the angel eyes i.e. DRLs to stay on with low beam? Or do I need to re-wire? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 12:44 PM   #1661
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsen94 View Post
I installed these on my facelift F30. Everything works execpt we can’t get the angel eyes to stay on at the same time as low beam! Anyone had this issue? How do I fix this? Can I code the angel eyes i.e. DRLs to stay on with low beam? Or do I need to re-wire? Thanks
Can you go check and see if you have DRLs enabled under your settings? If not, enable. If so, disable and see what happens.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 12:54 PM   #1662
ahsen94
United Kingdom
Rep

Im in the UK and it’s a legal thing to have DRLs so I don’t see a DRL option in iDrive
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 12:56 PM   #1663
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Im in the UK and it’s a legal thing to have DRLs so I don’t see a DRL option in iDrive
Did you check the "lighting" section under options?

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 12:56 PM   #1664
ahsen94
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah I double checked.. not there
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #1665
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I double checked.. not there
Oh, that's right. It's disabled on cars in the EU. You can code the option back in, but I don't think that'd help you. I'd go make a post in the "Coding" section of the forums. I'm sure there is a parameter for it and someone in the EU has done it.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 01:04 PM   #1666
ahsen94
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok will do thanks.

Do you think coding will help though? Im confident that my angel eyes are replicating the ugly stock LED DRL strips. Even on auto when it goes dark the angel eyes turn off and low beam comes on (exactly how it was when I had halogen headlights)
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 01:12 PM   #1667
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ok will do thanks.

Do you think coding will help though? Im confident that my angel eyes are replicating the ugly stock LED DRL strips. Even on auto when it goes dark the angel eyes turn off and low beam comes on (exactly how it was when I had halogen headlights)
My assessment would be yes. I doubt there is any major differences if any between our modules aside from coding. Mine stay on with or without the lowbeams on. Now that I think about it, I'm curious if your brightness for the option "With low beams on" is just set to 0%?

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 01:19 PM   #1668
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ok will do thanks.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...16&postcount=2

Cheatsheet to help out.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 02:19 PM   #1669
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

Garage List
FYI Depo's will be back in stock 4/4/18.

Use EGTDP2014 for 10% off
      04-03-2018, 02:35 PM   #1670
ahsen94
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My assessment would be yes. I doubt there is any major differences if any between our modules aside from coding. Mine stay on with or without the lowbeams on. Now that I think about it, I'm curious if your brightness for the option "With low beams on" is just set to 0%?
That’s exactly what I have in mind. Will give tht a go this weekend. Thanks alot man
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 09:29 PM   #1671
mhdelarosa
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic

Quote:
Quote:
Did you code DRL 100% and angel eye low beams 100%? I'm guessing the difference between the two are LED brightness with and without low beams on?
Yes, it is. They dim typically when you put the low beams on.
Hmm. My rings still dim when the low beams are on. I used bimmercode... not sure if I'm overlooking something? Do they still dim, just not as much?
      04-03-2018, 10:00 PM   #1672
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Hmm. My rings still dim when the low beams are on. I used bimmercode... not sure if I'm overlooking something? Do they still dim, just not as much?
Hmm. I'll have to take a look when I get a chance and see if it's a huge difference.

Appreciate 0