F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F30 2016 LED Headlights retrofit.
proTUNING Freaks

08-26-2021, 03:18 PM   #199
siknautojas
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
You need to teach turn signals using ISTA service functions.

Go to ISTA - service functions- body - lighting- teach turn signal.

I believe your car is euro spec and your fem is also euro coded.
I forgot to mention that I successfully did it, but nothing changed. My car is from USA, headlights EU.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 04:05 PM   #200
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by siknautojas View Post
Quote:
You need to teach turn signals using ISTA service functions.

Go to ISTA - service functions- body - lighting- teach turn signal.

I believe your car is euro spec and your fem is also euro coded.
I forgot to mention that I successfully did it, but nothing changed. My car is from USA, headlights EU.
Aah there you go … my car is US too and I have installed ECE headlights. You need to change your type in FA to euro spec car (example 8E97 to 8E91) and then code FEM, FLE modules. However doing so will popup some FEM errors. You need to compare FEM cafd files coded with US spec vs Euro spec and set some properties back to US spec car like LIN variant, universal garage door opener etc.

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2021, 01:53 AM   #201
siknautojas
Rep

Quote:
Aah there you go … my car is US too and I have installed ECE headlights. You need to change your type in FA to euro spec car (example 8E97 to 8E91) and then code FEM, FLE modules. However doing so will popup some FEM errors. You need to compare FEM cafd files coded with US spec vs Euro spec and set some properties back to US spec car like LIN variant, universal garage door opener etc.
Thanks for reply.

I have changed VO from 853 (Language version English) to 851 (Language version German) coded FEM and both FLE's without any faults, tryed to teach turn signals with ISTA again and ... no luck.

EDIT: both turn signals malfunctioned -_-

Last edited by siknautojas; 08-27-2021 at 05:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 07:43 AM   #202
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for reply.

I have changed VO from 853 (Language version English) to 851 (Language version German) coded FEM and both FLE's without any faults, tryed to teach turn signals with ISTA again and ... no luck.

EDIT: both turn signals malfunctioned -_-
I guess language version is different from the type code I am referring to. After you connect in esys, read FA and expand all the folders under it, you will something called Type or Type code above or below SALAPA elements. Sorry I don't have access to my car for next couple of weeks else I would have sent you a picture.

If you go to realoem and search in serial number with last 7digits of your VIN, you will see the type code of your car. Then change market to euro, prod date to something close to your actual car prod date, then u will see euro spec cars type code. You have to use the euro type code in your FA type code section.

All of the above is assuming your issue is at coding not in wiring
Attached Images

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2021, 03:24 PM   #203
siknautojas
Rep

Quote:
I guess language version is different from the type code I am referring to. After you connect in esys, read FA and expand all the folders under it, you will something called Type or Type code above or below SALAPA elements. Sorry I don't have access to my car for next couple of weeks else I would have sent you a picture.

If you go to realoem and search in serial number with last 7digits of your VIN, you will see the type code of your car. Then change market to euro, prod date to something close to your actual car prod date, then u will see euro spec cars type code. You have to use the euro type code in your FA type code section.

It worked! Did everything as you said all faults are gone and turn signals started working as they should. Thank you for your time, you really helped me out!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 05:15 PM   #204
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

It worked! Did everything as you said all faults are gone and turn signals started working as they should. Thank you for your time, you really helped me out!
Excellent… enjoy the adaptive headlight show

Run the car for couple of days and then scan again with ISTA to see if there are any errors reported. You may have to FDL code few properties back to US values in FEM.

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 04:22 PM   #205
SharkGrogu
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i F30 LCI

Hello guys,

I'm about to code non-Adaptive Led Headlights on my LCI F30 that has halogen right now.
Do I have to remove any option from FA, or just to add 5A2?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 04:27 PM   #206
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbogdan21 View Post
Hello guys,

I'm about to code non-Adaptive Led Headlights on my LCI F30 that has halogen right now.
Do I have to remove any option from FA, or just to add 5A2?
For my pre lci f30 I just added 5A2. I had to run ista and initialize the led’s. If it doesn’t work after coding run ista.
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2022, 11:27 AM   #207
SharkGrogu
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i F30 LCI

Hi guys,

Please some answers to a brother in need.

1. Shouldn't I disable some functions from ICM since I didn't install level sensors?
LED Headlights are non-Adaptive, so I get an error: Headlamp vertical aim control malfunction.

2. FLE coding should remain with USA or EU specs?
- USA F30 LCI with halogen to EU LED Headlight
- first I changed FA -> code for car type from USA to EU
- recalculated FA and recoded FLE43 & FLE44 with EU specs -> LED headlight brought to life
- FA changed -> from EU type back to USA
-recalculated FA and recoded FEM with USA specs

Signals aren't working properly

Both are blinking normally two times, fault appears on idrive and turn signal disappears.
This is the only problem for them.
With INSTA I taught them, operation successfully, but still not working.

errors in ISTA
- 480069 - ICM: Ride-height sensor, front left, measured voltage
- 48006F - ICM: Rear left ride-height sensor, measured voltage
- 480116 - ICM: Carrying out ride height adjustment
- 8041B6 - LWR system faulty
- 805C80 - Turn indicator: Voltage outside of tolerance range
- 805CAB - Side marker light: Open circuit
- 805E00 - Turn indicator: Voltage outside of tolerance range
- 805E2B - Side marker light: Open circuit

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 11:37 AM   #208
gameson
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 320i N20

Quote:
How much is the ece headlight for a set? Does the adaptive function work after coding? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 12:23 PM   #209
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkGrogu View Post
Hi guys,

Please some answers to a brother in need.

1. Shouldn't I disable some functions from ICM since I didn't install level sensors?
LED Headlights are non-Adaptive, so I get an error: Headlamp vertical aim control malfunction.

2. FLE coding should remain with USA or EU specs?
- USA F30 LCI with halogen to EU LED Headlight
- first I changed FA -> code for car type from USA to EU
- recalculated FA and recoded FLE43 & FLE44 with EU specs -> LED headlight brought to life
- FA changed -> from EU type back to USA
-recalculated FA and recoded FEM with USA specs

Signals aren't working properly

Both are blinking normally two times, fault appears on idrive and turn signal disappears.
This is the only problem for them.
With INSTA I taught them, operation successfully, but still not working.

errors in ISTA
- 480069 - ICM: Ride-height sensor, front left, measured voltage
- 48006F - ICM: Rear left ride-height sensor, measured voltage
- 480116 - ICM: Carrying out ride height adjustment
- 8041B6 - LWR system faulty
- 805C80 - Turn indicator: Voltage outside of tolerance range
- 805CAB - Side marker light: Open circuit
- 805E00 - Turn indicator: Voltage outside of tolerance range
- 805E2B - Side marker light: Open circuit

I believe my turn signal didn’t work correctly until I coded the rem also. As far as the level warning that can be coded out in the fem. LWR_AHL_TYP to "ohne" and LFC_AKTIV to "nicht aktiv" should sort that out.as far as switching regions I can’t help u there.
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2022, 12:53 PM   #210
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameson View Post
Quote:
How much is the ece headlight for a set? Does the adaptive function work after coding? Thanks.
I have paid 2500usd all oem modules. Yes it's working perfectly after coding and I still have it on my car.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 06:42 AM   #211
Patje
patje
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW F34

Hello Guys,

I'm a newby here and like to read these threads.
I live in the Netherlands and drive BMW for many years. Love the way they drive and reacts.
I Like to do some small codings but never replaced any modules and then code this.

I would like to have your opinion as I'm thinking to upgrade my BMW F34 2014 with adaptive Xenon to adaptive Led.

I use the FLA option often when driving in the dark, will this be the same usable as with Xenon without any problems, like blinding other users of the road?

How can I check if the components like FEM are usable / compatible with LED headlights.
Does some have experience that a F30,F31 will be the same as F34 in regards to wiring?

As for adjustment for headlights view is this done automatically of do you need to adjust this manually first? Like the garage do with normal headlights.

I still have a lot of reading to do of course but would apreciate your input / point of view.

Thanks and regards.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 11:34 AM   #212
dv8ed
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i N26

Why are ECE headlights cheaper on eBay? Can't seem to find US headlights at a good price.
      04-05-2022, 09:49 PM   #213
Vdubz
Registered
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 320d lci

Quote:
I have upgraded from standard LED to Adaptive LED so my experience may not be same as yours. But yes you need to inject new cafd files into FLE module and code them using your new FA with updates VO options.
Hi there!

Thisnis exactly what i am planning to do. Standard led light output is very poor so i am planning to convert to adaptive led without HBA as I don’t have KAFAS installed. I am wondering if i can use ledrl modules, indicator modules, and main led module from standard led in adaptive led. I noticed the the main module has some variett - one says FLE2, another says FLE2max

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 10:59 PM   #214
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdubz View Post
Hi there!

Thisnis exactly what i am planning to do. Standard led light output is very poor so i am planning to convert to adaptive led without HBA as I don’t have KAFAS installed. I am wondering if i can use ledrl modules, indicator modules, and main led module from standard led in adaptive led. I noticed the the main module has some variett - one says FLE2, another says FLE2max

Thank you
Are you trying for US led to US adaptive or ECE led to ECE adaptive or US led to ECE adaptive?

I did US led to ECE adaptive and based on my experience led module and adaptive modules are different and may not work interchangeably.

Appreciate 1
Vdubz0.00
      04-05-2022, 11:20 PM   #215
Vdubz
Registered
Thailand
Rep

Quote:
Are you trying for US led to US adaptive or ECE led to ECE adaptive or US led to ECE adaptive?

I did US led to ECE adaptive and based on my experience led module and adaptive modules are different and may not work interchangeably.
It is ECE led to ECE adaptive. I checked module on realoem and couldn’t tell difference

Based on realoem

For vehicles with
Adaptive LED headlight
or
LED headlight
S552A=Yes

S5A2A=Yes
01 Control unit for front light electronics FLE2 2 63117457875 ENDED
01 Control unit for front light electronics FLE2 2 63117492028
01 Control unit for front light electronics FLE2 2 63118494844

If i have either of the above module in standard led, does it mean i can plug and play to my adaptive?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 11:25 PM   #216
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdubz View Post
It is ECE led to ECE adaptive. I checked module on realoem and couldn’t tell difference

Based on realoem

For vehicles with
Adaptive LED headlight
or
LED headlight
S552A=Yes

S5A2A=Yes
01 Control unit for front light electronics FLE2 2 63117457875 ENDED
01 Control unit for front light electronics FLE2 2 63117492028
01 Control unit for front light electronics FLE2 2 63118494844

If i have either of the above module in standard led, does it mean i can plug and play to my adaptive?
You may have to do more than that. Pm me your VIN so I can check.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 12:12 AM   #217
Vdubz
Registered
Thailand
Rep

Quote:
It will definitely involve decoding but i want to make sure that hardware works. How do you find standard led compared to adaptive led? I will pm you VIN asap
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 08:19 AM   #218
cedchung
Lieutenant
Mauritius
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25, 2014 F30

Does anyone know what happens if Adaptive LED headlights are retrofitted on a car without kafas camera or FLA?

Last edited by cedchung; 04-06-2022 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 08:42 AM   #219
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedchung View Post
Does anyone know what happens if Adaptive LED headlights are retrofitted on a car without kafas camera or FLA?
How will your car know when to turn on/off the auto highbeams?

If you are looking for glare free high beams, tunneling etc like in euro cars then it won't work. May be what works will be side to side beam movement based on your steering wheel position.

Hope it makes sense 🙂

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 01:37 AM   #220
Vdubz
Registered
Thailand
Rep

Quote:
I am very new to this forum. I think I am required to make 4 post replies before I can use PM system
Appreciate 0