F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Int'l Autobody in San Bruno or Costelli Pardini in San Mateo -anyone seen their work?
ARMA SPEED

09-29-2021, 02:50 PM   #1
Reinhardt12
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Int'l Autobody in San Bruno or Costelli Pardini in San Mateo -anyone seen their work?

First post here as I just bought a 2017 F80 a month ago. Now I have a bad scrape on the back bumper and the color of my car is San Marino Blue.

I did some Googling and three shops come up that have great reviews around me. Int'l Autobody in San Bruno, JP Autobody in SSF, and Costelli & Pardini in San Mateo. They also seem to have great reviews on forums but most of them are from years ago so I'm hoping to get some more recent feedback, especially if they are under new ownership.

Has anyone taken their cars to either of these autobody shops before or at least seen their work? Since SMB is a dynamic metallic color, I want to make sure the shop does a darn good job in matching the flake and orange peel.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 06:00 PM   #2
davidr3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

I'd find a euro paint shop imo, especially if it's a hard color to replicate.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 06:23 PM   #3
romemedrano
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Costelli for sure. Theyre solid
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 10:03 PM   #4
Reinhardt12
Rep

rome, thanks for the recommendation. Just curious if you've seen or heard of work done by Int'l Autobody as well. As far as I know Int'l Autobody uses Glasurit and C&P uses PPG. I know it comes down to the painter and there are different lines between each brand so it's not so simple.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 12:09 PM   #5
Reinhardt12
Rep

DO NOT use International Auto body in San Bruno, California. A friend's friend just had simple work done there and the outcome was a borderline hackjob and that was the third attempt. Yes three tries and they still failed miserably. They initially said three to four days for completion but it took a total of 24 days where my friend's friend said "F" it and just took the car. Big lesson learned and the "repair" was definitely worse than just leaving the small damage be. From what I heard the owner Johnny (John) Kotik comes across as a nice guy to lure you in but he's no better than the shop lead at Earl Scheib. It's a shady and unethical industry so do your homework everyone. Key takeway also is that there were no high-spec lux or sports cars being worked on at IAB. Their past may have been different so don't be fooled by the old and outdated Yelp pics.

I'm grateful for having work done by Costelli & Pardini. Great recommendation from several of you here and the service to finishing was smooth as butter.
Appreciate 0