F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > 6WB problem after firmware update
Extreme Powerhouse

01-13-2022, 11:19 AM   #1
M666TTF
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 M Sport

6WB problem after firmware update

Hi all, I bought a used but virginised 6WB for my F30 middle of last year, had it coded in and it has been working flawlessly ever since. This week I had a firmware update carried out remotely by a reputable coding company who I have used several times without any issues. They flashed the car from version J to X and applied the ID6 lite theme with full screen CarPlay and everything looked great. They also coded a few extra items I had requested, like manual brightness setting for iDrive display and to remove horn beep when locking the car with engine running, all good. However after the coding was completed, I soon noticed several notifications on the dash about service requirements, tried to reset in cluster - nothing shows up. I then noticed the red tamper dot is showing on the cluster as well. I have now found out I have lost the ability to view/reset service requirements in the cluster, cruise control and LIM function aren’t available, and the climate control display stays white all of the time, irrespective of it being day/night, lights on/off.
The guy that did the coding told me that the KOMBI module no longer shows in esys at all. He blamed a loose MOST cable which I thought was odd seeing as everything was fine until the firmware update - checked it anyway and all fine. They now don’t seem to be answering my calls or messages and I am very worried - is this something that is easy to fix or am I going to have to have the cluster virginised and re-coded again?
Any help or advice would be appreciated, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 12:11 PM   #2
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30,G30

Write your svt back and will be ok. They are not so good and that is not so nice
      01-14-2022, 03:39 AM   #3
M666TTF
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siki78 View Post
Write your svt back and will be ok. They are not so good and that is not so nice
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I do not know how to do this myself and do not have all of the coding software required - I am really disappointed, I have used this company several times and the service has always been excellent and never had any issues with what they have done until now...

Very frustrating that they have clearly done something wrong and clearly they do not know how to fix it and are now just ignoring me and left me with numerous faults.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 05:35 AM   #4
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep

Just enet and esys are enough for this
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 05:42 AM   #5
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep

Something about flashing what is write one good coder with a lot experience:
In ISTA is all module green and no problem with a car should I do software update

Than don’t try to imagine problem

Updating whole car is an adventure - if you are up for it it can be fun, or you may never get to the final destination. F20 /36 are frm based and rather safe to update. Bdc and ZGW based cars not so much
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 09:37 AM   #6
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep

Also I fix his car but stay just one things. I don‘t have a new launcher so if someone can fdl code his car remotley to activate carplay full screen would be nice.
Appreciate 0